• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Artist Application

xXThe12thXx

Yellow Flower Puncher
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Before I start with this, I know I was artist like three weeks ago or something, but I was super busy at that time and had stuff with school unlike I am now. So now i'm reapplying :p.

Date Joined: April 11, 2018
Jobs and Plotbuilds:
These are most of the jobs I can remember. Two houses in Moria's Central Dwelling with NicTheFifth, Four houses in Moria's Second Dwelling with Nic, One house in Moria's Waterworks with Nic, The final vegetation job in Tofalas with ooits I believe but Ruben lead it mostly. Some pillars in Moria with Nic, Road upgrading with Bart, Some farm walls with Hendrick and then Bart a different time, Farms and vegetation in Nic's Rohan town that he is upgrading with Nic, and Moria Hall ruining with Mr_Pants. Moria hall ruining with Ant, and a few stream jobs in Belfalas with Pants. There are a few more that I can't remember the details of the jobs.
Theme-builds: To be honest nothing has changed here from my last artist application... So my one and only theme-build is: Watchtower, 176,5,33365,
Additional Builds: I have a few other builds but do not have any pictures of them at this time. They are as follows: A hall in Moria (Not the best as it was my first), a viking style house in freebuild, and a farm in coldlake with Driffen that I helped with. I most likely have more but I can't remember and I was trying to keep it on this server more.
My Interests: My interests on the server are most likely the styles of Moria and Rohan. Also I'm interested in the upcoming Mordor which will have some really interesting styles to learn. Finally, I am interested in vegetation (minus trees of course :D) and farms on the server.
My Motivation: My motivation on building on the server is the different styles of building, and the amazing building team that are mostly supportive and helpful to other members of the community.

I am not sure you need to do an application as you were an artist and you were not fired or anything... Better ask @BWOT

Application Update:

We have seen you have updated your application. I would really like to see a ned Theme Build. This weeks theme build is a Gondorian Farm. We really want to see your commitment to reclaiming the Artist Rank, this way we can make sure you are as committed as before.

Darki

So I assume this is declined now? @BWOT
It is your decision what to do with it. However, I advise if you want to proceed, you must change your strategies and listen to the advice given to you. If you choose to keep ignoring such information put before you, I can assure, that this application will go nowhere.

Well you see I have taken peoples advice, just not all of yours. For example, you told me to change my layout of farms into something more advanced that is using plows. I did not care for that advice as I told you that the universe I was basing the build of off is not that advanced with agriculture. See in that world they are only 300 years in of the arrival of humans. These humans are focusing more on wealth and religion than they are on agriculture. Therefor the farmers were not as advanced as the fields u were suggesting, but are still in the era of time where they farming just enough to feed their families and not trying new ways to farm.

Hello 12!
I dont really think that is a good enough reason and here is why:

The universe we are building our map in has advanced agriculture and you must prove that you can go along with the rules of our universe not yours. I suppose you are talking about your gondorian farms in theme build, the theme is "gondorian farms" not whatever universe you are building. For being 300 years into existence they look quite advanced to me, they already have an advanced road network judging by the road signs and the size of the roads which might mean they have a trade network and a sophisticated society. And looking at the building I would find it hard to believe that they were using plaster and stone walls after just 300 years but using basic farming techniques? They seem to have been good at researching building techniques and expanding their society with "wealth and religion" but wouldnt they need better ways of getting more food? Its usually a quite high priority for human societies. It almost seems as you made that up to avoid redoing the farms and avoid more work, but thats just speculation of course.

It should be easy following our advice and the theme, what we tell you is probably how we want it and if you cant make it as we want aswell as following the theme then why should you be building on the main map?

I also recommend that you complete the build to show us you are ready to spend time on this server as an artist (it doesnt really look like that atm since that tb has been out for quite a while).

Good luck!
-Jona

Last edited:
@Jonatanknalle those points are valid, yet I never said they were not advanced in other regions of building just agriculture. And yes the theme is "gondorian farms" but I built the roads and buildings in the style of gondor just did the layout of the farms different and close to how rohan farms are. As you said that I never finished that build, which is true, but I never finished it due to the reason I got told to "enjoy commoner" and "you are something else".

Well I feel its a little over excessive that its been 43 days which is longer than it was for me to get artist the first time around. Also, you told me multiple times that my application is about commitment, but thats odd as you also said that commitment for artist doesnt matter aslong as they get on and build.

I shouldn’t be wasting more time on this but I think it’s amusing and so I will.

First off, only one other person in staff agrees that it’s been long enough and so I can assure you with great confidence that it’s not personal.

Second, I did say that, still waiting... and if I say that don’t argue, because obviously we are not seeing enough. The work on the plots weren’t of good enough quality and some had to be redone.

Thirdly, what I said there would apply to a person with a good attitude for the role. You don’t have thay yet and therefore I’ve offered the best way I can see you getting there. Obv not working, but that’s not my problem.

Forth and finally, I’m not wrong in what I said but I want to give you some life advice... just for you and for free: How to tell your boss they're wrong without getting fired
This doesn’t apply to you now because I’m not your boss because you are unemployed.

Disclaimer to others reading: this is not how I would normally respond to an application in such a sarcastic tone, but as you can see if you read this thread nothing else seems to work. Good day 12!

I don't know if this is my place, but I think BWOT just wants you to respect him and do as you're told, because once you are artist you would still have to do as you are told. Also, some of these people are giving you advice and trying to be helpful; you shouldn't be aggressive toward them.

This huge wave of new players on mcme has brought me back to being active and willing to build to help continue this project. So iI guess im saying that its updated (not really) and hoping to return to artist again!

Are you sure you want to be an artist? Or do you just want to have the rank and not the responsibilities coming along with it? Why are applying evertime after getting demoted or resigning, I don't understand you motivations tbh, I like you, but I'm not sure, if this is the right way to go.