• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled Artist Application

jimmyTheH00d

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Id really love to build huge projetcs on the server. Im really good at it. In first minutes on the server i made a medieval tower which perfectly fits in the world of ME.
2020-05-09_15.46.13.png
2020-05-09_15.45.57.png
2020-05-09_15.45.44.png
2020-05-09_15.45.34.png

Hey jimmy,
you have a good eye for shapes and you care about details. That's a good start.
I'm not that fond of your materials though. You have wooden pillars to support upper level stone structrues. It seems to instable to me to be realistic.

Now a word about Themed-builds. It seems to me that you did not read the Theme tread:
#18/20 - [FFA] Mineshaft
You plot is filled with stone to help you with building the theme. You are supposed to dig a mineshaft for Moria.
Also: Think big. Try to fill all the plot with interesting structures and details.

Looking forward to see more of your builds ;)
- Eriol

Feedback on your build:

Although it has a nice shape, I'm not so sure about the block palette, especially, as Eriol noted the fact that the roof is made of stone but is supported by wood, also, we don't really use lanterns and stripped wood in our builds since they don't have textures yet (I will speak to toti about changing that).

You have a good eye for aesthetic but you need to think about realism as-well: flower pots in a medieval tower seems quite random.

Also you might want to use the artist application format found here: Artist Application Format

Good luck with your application!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Shroomy