• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

On Hold Belfalas

Thijs1801

Moria Hall Professional
Commoner
Credits
XP
Belfalas
Project Leader: Thijs1801
Co-Leader: Eaglz
Project staff: (still open)
Lore:
Belfalas was a region of southern Gondor, encompassing the coast from the mouth of the Anduin to Dol Amroth. It formed a part of Dor-en-Ernil, or the "Prince's land". The Prince in question here was the Lord of Dol Amroth, who lived at the city bearing his name.

At the start of the second millennium of the Third Age a certain Imrazôr The Númenórean lived in and ruled over the Belfalas. He married Mithrellas, a Silvan Elf of Lorien, and their son Galador became the first Prince of Dol Amroth. Belfalas was also home to an old Elf haven named Edhellond.
Belfalas' chief city was the Prince's residence of Dol Amroth.
South of the Belfalas lay a great Bay, which was named after it the Bay of Belfalas.

During the War of the Ring, the Belfalas was raided by the Corsairs of Umbar, and therefore did not send any men to help defend Minas Tirith, until Aragorn liberated the coast with the Grey Company, freeing Gondor's southern armies to follow him north to relieve Minas Tirith.

General Plan:

1. Terrain
    - Mountains
    - Rivers & Coasts
    - Farmlands
  2. Plan Villages, City's and Strongholds
    - Farming Villages
    - Mining Villages
    - Strongholds
  3. Vegetation
  4. Roads
Maps and Concept Art:
belfalas_6887.jpg

Project Map:

o30eKVo.png

Legend:
- Black: Road
- Red: Mining Village
- Yellow: Farming Village
- Green: Forest
- Grey: Mountain Range
- Purple: Stronghold
- Red Dot: Lighthouse
- Blue: Rivers

Jobs:
- Villages
- Roads
- Forest detail

Attachments

• iTqGm1t.png
    iTqGm1t.png
    642.4 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
Hey Thijs,
are you going to lower all these steep mountains in Belfalas. They look to high, harsh and steep to me. They reach up to level 170 which is higher than White Mountain passes. When thinking of Belfalas I imagine loveley valleys between smooth hills not mountains. I would suggest to lower the mountains to level 100 or even 80.

An example could be West Wales:
wales.jpg
West_Wales_Dyfi_Valley%20.jpg
Or in my opinion even better as climate and vegetation matches Gondor better:
goodwp.com_18280.jpg
casentinovalley.jpg
img_6163-img_6164-img_6165.jpg
foggy-valley-morning-tuscany-italy-35294585.jpg
Most-Picturesque-Places-in-Italy.jpg
san-gimignano-towers.jpg
pitigliano-in-tuscany.jpg
civita-di-bagnoregio.jpg
matera.jpg
erice-in-sicily.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Thijs,
are you going to lower all these steep mountains in Belfalas. They look to high, harsh and steep to me. They reach up to level 170 which is higher than White Mountain passes. When thinking of Belfalas I imagine loveley valleys between smooth hills not mountains. I would suggest to lower the mountains to level 100 or even 80.

An example could be West Wales:
Or in my opinion even better as climate and vegetation matches Gondor better:
Yes, I will lower them. As for Belfalas I had Italy in mind as inspiration. Since it has lovely hills and kinda looks like Belfalas on the map. The mountains will be way lower and are in fact just large hills. So it will have a lot of vegetation growing over the hills.

Hey Thijs,
The map you posted above shows some hills between Dor-en-Ernil, the Land of the Prince, and the sea. This is quite different in the map which is in the LotR: Galería de Gondor: Gondor2
Not a big thing, its just a name. Otherwise the map is nice.

@Thijs1801 I very much love your plan for Belfalas. It recognizes the logic and aesthetics that goes into MERP, but does not directly mirror it. Good job, I'm excited to see your designs, especially for the strongholds! Yes, I hate Fennas Drunin.

A quick project update.

After thijs and I finished doing the roads between Steelmoar and Silverbay. @Thijs1801 asked me if i wanted to do a town in Belfals. As both @Eriol_Eandur and @Thijs1801 are still voxeling the area of Windaw, @Thijs1801 suggested starting Silverbay instead.

Silverbay is a Town build where that flows through the Steelmoar valley enters into the Sea. It is a town that is most known for its trading. The houses that are build closest to the road are owned by the richer merchants. The houses closest to the docks are owned by people with a specific profession. On the seaside of the Town one can find a Shipyard and a small slum area for fishermen and dock workers. After starting earlier this week I am pleased to announce that the first town in Belfalas is officially finished. I want to thank @thomasd_17 for building the Inn on the other side of the road and @Thijs1801 and @Eaglz for helping out with voxeling all the interiors of the houses.

Here are some screenshots of Silverbay by @Thijs1801 and I:

@toeyoman has almost finished Steelmoar and @Mandos has come a long way in finishing Rimaer (the villages closest to Silverbay). If you want to have a look just /warp Silverbay or /warp Steelmoar. Keep an eye out for more updates of different projects in Belfalas in the distant future.

Last edited:
Just found the wild island south of that looks like the Ibiza of Middle Earth (with beach huts, towels and a cliff side mansion) at warp basin. This doesnt look very practical considering a limited technology (efficiency would suggest not building on the rocky island with limited flat space) and no protection from the sea. The Lighthouse on the main land also has a very small footing for the proposed height. The lighthouse would also only show the rocks away from the mainland and not aid ships coming into the harbour ( directly below so no light can shine on it).. Would it not be possible to put the lighthouse on the immediate south island, allowing the cliffs, harbour and the island to be visible at night.

Just found the wild island south of that looks like the Ibiza of Middle Earth (with beach huts, towels and a cliff side mansion) at warp basin. This doesnt look very practical considering a limited technology (efficiency would suggest not building on the rocky island with limited flat space) and no protection from the sea. The Lighthouse on the main land also has a very small footing for the proposed height. The lighthouse would also only show the rocks away from the mainland and not aid ships coming into the harbour ( directly below so no light can shine on it).. Would it not be possible to put the lighthouse on the immediate south island, allowing the cliffs, harbour and the island to be visible at night.
I know about this Island, ive been looking for Kis ever since but I think hes avoiding me or just a coincidence we're not on at the same time. I didnt agree to this btw, so I want to sort it out with him. Also what lighthouse are reffering to?

I know about this Island, ive been looking for Kis ever since but I think hes avoiding me or just a coincidence we're not on at the same time. I didnt agree to this btw, so I want to sort it out with him. Also what lighthouse are reffering to?

The lighthouse is marked up directly at the warp basin. is pink marker saying 40block high lighthouse.

UPDATE BELFALAS:

@greglas2 has finished the nice town Windmaw (/warp Windmaw) in the south east of Belfalas. Windmaw has a small docks and closely placed between a river and a forest. All around the village one can find different farms with multiple types of crops.
full

full

Another nice village created by @thomasd_17. A small village formed around a river in the valley of Coaldael, known for its mine that holds a large amount of coal. It lays a few miles out from the more cliffy western side of Belfalas. When visiting (/warp Coaldael) it is worth visiting the mine and walk through the valley.
full

full

full
@Brazen_Helm is finishing the last houses, poor district and the naval base. A small farm on the outside of the borders is still under construction. After that Methrast one of the large cities in Belfalas will be considered finished. Brazen is keen on finishing it in the next few days.

full

Beatheaven is building on a steady rate on his village that at this moment of time is called Beattemp. Some great progress with a lot of new houses that have been build in the past week. Beathaven is started working on a underground system under the village itself. This is one of the last villages besides lostfalls area that still needs to be done. So for artist that are interested, please contact mr. Beathaven and ask if you are able to build a house (if you are interested).

The lost falls area is almost finished now, Eriol and I have been working hard on finishing all the terraforming and streams. Eaglz has finished most of the vegatation in the eastern part of the valley and will soon finish the all the way to the coast. A few of the streams close to Dol Amroth still need finishing, I will be doing some jobs in the near future to do so. One can also find the new pasted in terrain/builds of the winner of the Lost falls Contest.
full

The Ruins of the Lenthir Mistad (contest)
(/mvtp plotworld, /warp Ruins Contest)
(or /warp Ruins [your number])

Closes: September 9th (today)
Run by: Thijs1801

full

Some weeks ago I promised that Belfalas would have 6 contests for all of you to compete in. I'm sorry that I can't keep to that promise, so instead I have a bigger one to announce: The Ruins of the Lenthir Mistad.

Some Background Lore
Lostfalls is an old Elven town, almost as old as Edhellond, that is now inhabited by men. Behind the waterfalls are cave systems with ruins of tumbs, shrines and houses.

Specifications
Remember to make the ruins very very old! Men only inhabited these mountains in the late SA. So keep in mind that man-made builds on top of the ruins are ok too.

THE WINNER IS!!!!!!!!!!!

TEAM 7: Congratz too @iSMiTHz for winning this contest with his incredible plot

full

• Eriols Terraforming Squad (aka ETS)

We are very happy to add another player to squad and like to welcome @Eaglz24. @Eaglz24 and I have finished all the terrain under the valley of the Lost Falls. Now there is only a little bit of work left on finishing all the rivers/streams and for Eaglz to add vegetation to the valleys.

@Eriol has been steadily working on the northern part of Belfalas and has done a lot of shaping and some fine tuning on the sandy bit already. Hoping to see a lot of progress in the near future when Eaglz and I join in to help him out there.

full

• Project Staff Meeting
We had a small project staff meeting a few days to consider and plan what is still left to do in Belfalas. After the great progess that has been made the last days it is not too far away from being finished. We have decided to redo all the terrain and rivers up too Edhellond. Look at the picture (all the terrain between the red lines):
full

The will be build a few extra elven houses under the river (Edhellond), a few farms and a lot off roads will be will be planned by Thijs. Look forward too some artist/adventurer work coming up in the near future. I reckon we can do very much in the next months. You can look forward to weekly updates on Belfalas from now on.

* Thanks to Thomas and Brazen for some screenshots

Last edited: