• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

benjaelad

benjaelad

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Joined server: Early February

Jobs: None

Screenshot:
dSLV189

This is my themed build of "Rhosgobel"

Interests: I like to build in many different themes but my favorites would be gondorian and rohirric. In single player, I love adding small details to not just my builds, but the surrounding area. Sometimes I even value the environment more than the build itself. I like to include random blocks that you might not see in usual builds so I can be different.

Motivation: I already explored most of the server and I am at the point where it is getting boring to explore because I have already been there and seen most of it. I have started watching the designers and artists build small towns and farms and I really want to join in and show them what I can build. I spend a lot of time on my laptop and phone due to the business I have built in the past few years. I have multiple sources of income but they do not require much work, just a lot of sitting on my bed or at my desk. I have over 2 million total Instagram followers, which is my main income. I have an app on the App Store, which is a smaller income. I also am currently having a website, specifically a social media influencer agency being built for me, but not by me. So with all of that, I spend a lot of time on my laptop and I love to play minecraft. I admit I am not an expert on LOTR, but I do enjoy the books and the movies and I am fascinated by Middle Earth. I saw this server on youtube over a year ago and always dreamed of going on it. I didn't think I could. I finally got around to getting on it and I really haven't stopped since. This project amazes me and I'd be glad to help.

Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Your screenshot isn't visible for me, I think you need to add .jpg to the link. Additionally you could put the image into a Spoiler we can then look at your pictures one by one:
dSLV189.jpg

Your Rhosgobel build looks good, as much as I can see from the screenshot, you made details and an interesting tree. You could add some more pictures to show more details (backside, inside...). The ground looks a bit random, you could make a small path to the home of Radagast for example.

When you have new builds add more screenshots to your application above. Please also reply to this thread with something like 'update'. This will make us notice your new screenshots.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<< as you already did. Try to stay very active with jobs. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Hey benjae,

Had a look at your Themed Build ingame, beside the points Eriol mentioned above, I'd like to add two things:
  • Try not to use blocks that still have the default minecraft texture on them. (Spruce / Acacia leaves, Spruce logs) On one hand there may be placed a texture on it which may look entirely different, on the other hand these textures usually do not combine with the MCME textures too well.
  • The interior is fairly empty; You could have tried something like in the Hobbit movies: fairly stuffed and chaotic. There's a lot of crate and similar textures in the Rohan pack.
Looking forward to an update of yours with new builds!