• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled blueblob321123 artist aplication

blueblob321123

Expert Stream Digger
Credits
XP
I'm applying for builder, i joined the server on the 5th of September 2016. I've participated in some path building jobs and some some lamedon house builds, I built a house in methras north and another village i can't remember the name off for Mr smiths. I've participated in 6 theme builds so far (pictures at the end). My favourite theme build I've done so far would've been "The bridge of Tharbad" because i really had fun with it. I built an old stone bridge with vines down and at the end of that a start of a town with dark and 'shady' houses. This build was probably one that gave me more confidence to build! I quite like building gondoric style houses aswell as modern/industrial houses. I love editing landscapes tho like my "House of the stewards" build, i had a nice waterfall with a cave running to the top. I want to apply for artist because i feel like it could boost my confidence in building. I also would like to be an architect in real life so this would help with my dream of building a structure to outlive me, so the world can see how amazing architecture and building can be. MCME has helped my building improve as well as look at more different building styles and work with the other amazing builders. Thanks for reading.

Thank you for your application!

I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Please post some screenshots of your builds here. You will get some feeback about what to improve then. Prefered are builds which use the MCME resource packs. Best are Themed-builds.

When you have more screenshots to show, add them to your post above. When you do, please also reply to this thread. Just say "update" and quickly explain what is new. It will bring your application on top of the long application list and will make us notice your update.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<.

Thank you for your application!

I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Please post some screenshots of your builds here. You will get some feeback about what to improve then. Prefered are builds which use the MCME resource packs. Best are Themed-builds.

When you have more screenshots to show, add them to your post above. When you do, please also reply to this thread. Just say "update" and quickly explain what is new. It will bring your application on top of the long application list and will make us notice your update.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<.
i did idk what happened i had a link to imgur

UPDATED 2.0: now photos to see my builds
cshz3Rt.png
eanD2Cb.png
oXJGm4v.png
JdGUnDR.png
Bp9LaH1.png
4E5grsf.png
2MaY1Bf.png
or if that doesn't work look up my imgur: blueblob321123

Last edited:
Link seems to be gone again.
Imgur links are a bit derpy sometimes. I usually use the "direct link" to pictures at imgur.
In the MCME forum post editor you should click at insert Image and then put in the "direct link" of your imgur picture.

Link seems to be gone again.
Imgur links are a bit derpy sometimes. I usually use the "direct link" to pictures at imgur.
In the MCME forum post editor you should click at insert Image and then put in the "direct link" of your imgur picture.
it seems that they keep dispearing hmmm ok ill try

Thanks for your application!

Your builds show very well that you've got a huge potential to get an extraordinarily good builder! However, I found some flaws still, which you probably just need to have heard of once in order to realise what the issue there is.

White House of Erendis:
  • The outside is impressive af! (Too bad you used the wrong RP tho :p) I can bet you're passionate about architecture just by seeing this house^^. Still here some tips:
  • Shingles should always have something to rest on (same for thatch). So make sure you always have the bottom of the wood shingles covered, usally using some wooden planks, cause else the shingles would fall down as they're really just layd ontop of the planks, and have no stability by themselves.
  • Don't overuse logs. You can only realise so many shapes with logs, more complicated shapes can only be made using planks. Also make sure you orient the logs the right way to get continuous beams.
  • Interior structure: try to break up the box-shaped rooms. While it might be common in modern architecture, older houses pretty much always have some wooden frames, horizontal beams, free-standing pillars in bigger rooms or some sort of arches to support the ceiling.
  • Interior materials: Try to vary materials. Same material for floor, walls and ceilings makes everything look very boring.
  • Interior: One is often tempted to just place some furniture in every corner of each room and leave it at it. That, together with the box shaped rooms, is looking very odd. Interior is difficult, get some inspiration from other big buildings on MCME and try to see how they broke up the bigger rooms.
Golden Perch:
  • LOVE the harvester and the bar chairs :D
  • Interior is minimalistic at best. You might be passionate about architecture and prefer building the house itself rather than the interior, but as Artist you will need to do both, except you find yourself a very good friend who also is/wants to be Artist and is passionate about interior :p
  • On first sight, the terrain looks very nice. On a second thought tho, it is a bit a mystery to me why you sprinkled cobblestone slabs all over the hill...
  • Don't make crop fields on hillsides that are way too steep for that.
  • Make sure you add some access to the crops, some small openings/gates in the cobble walls and some small paths through the fields so you don't step on the crops all the time.
  • There's a total a three variants to the regular cobble in the Eriador pack (mossy, the blackish one, and the one with red stones mixed in). Use some of those in the farm walls to make things look more interesting!

So overall: Your exterior skills are very advanced! But your interior skills are still a mystery to me, so I would recommend you to revisit either the White House of Erendis or the Golden Perch, and work a bit on the points I mentioned, but especially show me how good you are at making a nice interior!

~ Finrod

Thanks for your application!

Your builds show very well that you've got a huge potential to get an extraordinarily good builder! However, I found some flaws still, which you probably just need to have heard of once in order to realise what the issue there is.

White House of Erendis:
  • The outside is impressive af! (Too bad you used the wrong RP tho :p) I can bet you're passionate about architecture just by seeing this house^^. Still here some tips:
  • Shingles should always have something to rest on (same for thatch). So make sure you always have the bottom of the wood shingles covered, usally using some wooden planks, cause else the shingles would fall down as they're really just layd ontop of the planks, and have no stability by themselves.
  • Don't overuse logs. You can only realise so many shapes with logs, more complicated shapes can only be made using planks. Also make sure you orient the logs the right way to get continuous beams.
  • Interior structure: try to break up the box-shaped rooms. While it might be common in modern architecture, older houses pretty much always have some wooden frames, horizontal beams, free-standing pillars in bigger rooms or some sort of arches to support the ceiling.
  • Interior materials: Try to vary materials. Same material for floor, walls and ceilings makes everything look very boring.
  • Interior: One is often tempted to just place some furniture in every corner of each room and leave it at it. That, together with the box shaped rooms, is looking very odd. Interior is difficult, get some inspiration from other big buildings on MCME and try to see how they broke up the bigger rooms.
Golden Perch:
  • LOVE the harvester and the bar chairs :D
  • Interior is minimalistic at best. You might be passionate about architecture and prefer building the house itself rather than the interior, but as Artist you will need to do both, except you find yourself a very good friend who also is/wants to be Artist and is passionate about interior :p
  • On first sight, the terrain looks very nice. On a second thought tho, it is a bit a mystery to me why you sprinkled cobblestone slabs all over the hill...
  • Don't make crop fields on hillsides that are way too steep for that.
  • Make sure you add some access to the crops, some small openings/gates in the cobble walls and some small paths through the fields so you don't step on the crops all the time.
  • There's a total a three variants to the regular cobble in the Eriador pack (mossy, the blackish one, and the one with red stones mixed in). Use some of those in the farm walls to make things look more interesting!

So overall: Your exterior skills are very advanced! But your interior skills are still a mystery to me, so I would recommend you to revisit either the White House of Erendis or the Golden Perch, and work a bit on the points I mentioned, but especially show me how good you are at making a nice interior!

~ Finrod
Thanks for your information. I really appreciate the help and will continue to work on the golden perch, for my future theme builds i will use your tips such as better farm walls and different colour/textured walls, ceiling and floor. I will continue trying to improve my interiors and add more structure to the builds like beams and support columns as you said. But again thanks for helping! :)