• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Bohemian_Beetle's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bohemian Beetle,

Brandywine bridge
- The small trees look good, the bigger ones look weird, too blobby/not enough shape
- The bridge is good and simple, try making the arches smoother using vertical slabs
- Vegetation is nice
- The houses could have been more updated, instead of rebuilding current style houses.

Moria house
- Good interpretation of west gate style, nothing new, but it looks good.

Anorien house
- Exterior is alright, bit plain, but it works
- Interior is a bit too messy, try to separate it up a bit more in where different things happen (making food, storage, bedroom...) Adding separating walls can also help with this
- I'd avoid using ladders, you should usually try to fit in stairs.

Stream
- Very nice actually, not much else to say, good job at understanding how it works.

In general you're showing some very good builds, but I would love to see you try some new stuff/more original stuff. It's great to see you work well with building within a style (very important skill), though what's even better is when you can expand upon these styles and make original and fitting new builds with it. This might be a freebuild concept, might be a themed build... something where you try to innovate and add a some new ideas, that work within the style.

Hey Bohemian Beetle
Aghar and Udul
- Nice atmosphere
- Interiors look a little boring, though would be hard to make stuff like hanging carpets, piles of cloth...
- Cover the thatch roofs with at least partial wooden supports on the inside

Troll cave
- Looks alright, bit plain, though accurate representation.
- No exterior? :( Could be nice to do even a small portion as a concept if you don't have time to do the whole plot on any themed build.

UPDATE

Additional Builds:

- It's taken a while this one. I've added a large long hall to connect all the Moria rooms I've been building. Nothing exciting but it's something.

Back.png

I've had a long break to focus on some real life stuff and also I think the application process last time kind of ran me down a bit...

But recently I've been enjoying building again and experimenting with the new RP and some revamp concepts as you may have seen so I'm going to give it another go. Thanks to everyone for the support and confidence boosting to convince me to reopen the application, especially aVeryHelpfulBadger who's helped a lot!

So watch this space and there'll be some fresh updates coming soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.