• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Can't connect

T_Blackfeather

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
I changed my minecraft username a few days ago, and I have not been able to join since. Minecraft says,

Screenshot 2021-11-03 225026.png

What should I do?

I'm not sure about what is the problem. Servers are healthy. That message might indicate a connection issue on your side. Maybe related to a firewall?

Hmm, timeout means a connection never was established. Are you using the build.mcmiddleearth.com as ip address?

I don't think it is related to the namechange as this shouldn't have any impact.

If you use windows, you can attempt a diagnostic look for the routing to the server to see if there's any interruptions somewhere along the way.
To do this you can start a windows terminal screen (Windows Key + R, then type cmd.exe and run).

This will give you a black or blue terminal window.
In that type tracert build.mcmiddleearth.com

The process will take up the a few seconds until you see Trace Complete, and it will look this:
1636053362694.png

Hmm basically this report is a timeline of the route the connection makes through all the places to get to it's destination. It could be that there's a timeout somewhere, but internet usually finds another way to get where it needs to go.

However if theres like an order where it suddenly stops, that could mean there's issues either at your home (like it fails from the 2nd all the way to the end) or a node or your ISP (somewhere from the mid to the end). Does the name or ip of the ones that time out tell you something?

Also it is a long shot and is sort of 'try whatever', but flushing your DNS might resolve any wrong cache it possibly stores.

You could either see if there's a faulty DNS in there, but its faster to clear it and does no harm as the cache will repopulate as you visit websites or make connections.

You can do that by using the same windows command prompt and typing
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

Yeah that sounds very much like a DNS issue, could be either because of the cache on your computer, or your internet company who does not know what IP is behind build.mcmiddleearth.com

Either way good thing this is now resolved for you