• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Captain_Zylo Artist Application

Captain_Zylo

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hey! I am Captain_Zylo on MC and I am 14 years old. I love LOTR and have read all the books (inc. The Hobbit).
I have decided that I would love to help out on this community project and hope that with practice I will soon be good enough to be able to. This is my first application so I do not expect great results but I can still hope! I enjoy building fantasy themed things so much and thought it was worth a try!

Personally, I love building foliage and small, yet detailed villages. I find it difficult to build large building and keep an interesting shape. I am currently practising that and I am also working on creating interesting trees. I love building on the MCME server and hope to please people with my builds.

I know that I have barely done any jobs, but I am still active and would be even more regular if I were promoted :D. I hope to come on as often as possible and enjoy the world. Mostly, I enjoy building Elven and Hobbit builds. However, I am willing to learn any style thrown at me.

Thanks for reading, here is the link to my imgur album for The Huts of the Raft-Elves: http://imgu r.com/a/fMFpT

Last edited:
Thank you for your application!

I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Unfortunately the link to your screenshots is missing.

When you have more screenshots to show, add them to your post above. When you do, please also reply to this thread. Just say "update" and quickly explain what is new. It will bring your application on top of the long application list and will make us notice your update.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<.

Thank you for your application!

I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Unfortunately the link to your screenshots is missing.

When you have more screenshots to show, add them to your post above. When you do, please also reply to this thread. Just say "update" and quickly explain what is new. It will bring your application on top of the long application list and will make us notice your update.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<.
Thanks for the reply! I dunno why the link would not work, I had to put a space into it! I will definetly try to help with jobs!

Thanks for the application!

Here's some feedback on your build:
  • Make sure you use the correct Resourcepack! We have multiple packs and the one to be used is always stated the Themed Build thread, and you can now switch easily using the commands /rp e (Eriador pack), /rp r (Rohan pack) and so on.¨
  • Cranes: These are quite tricky to build in Minecraft! I recommend you check out the locations Linhir and Harlond on the main map for some examples of cranes in various sizes.
  • Trees: You tried building one tree by yourself, but I have to admit that it's shape is a bit funky still. But no worries, there's a tutorial for that! Type /mvtp plotworld and then /warp builder school. In level 2 there is a quick tutorial for a very simple tree and in level 3 a lot of examples for more advanced trees. But I would anyway highly recommend working through the entire builder school as it offers a ton of good tips for building!
  • Paths: Make sure all the things people are walking to are connected by small paths made with dirt and gravel, dont just leave plain grass blocks there.
  • Fields: Rather make one big field than multiple small ones.
  • Love the barrels, very nice way to build those (although I think they rather remove the faucet before they throw them into the river)
  • House: I had to think a bit what it is that makes your house still look a bit off, and I think it mainly is the materials you chose that dont work too well with each other. I recommend you check out and study some houses from all over the map and see what materials they used, it's hard to formulate an easy rule for this, but try to pick textures that aren't too similar, the logs and planks you used have almost the same base color.
Either go back to this build, or (what I'd recommend) try your hand at a fresh one, and use these tips here, if relevant, and check out Builder School first!