• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Finished Clotheslines

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Working on a clothesline texture for all RPs. My intent is to make several (mostly more dull) clothing/color variants to occupy the same block. Therefore, when you go to place the clothesline you will get a random selection of clothing in order to increase variability across builds. I am not sure which block will be used for this texture (@Finrod_Amandil , @Eriol_Eandur )

Feedback please! (@Eaglz24 )

Early concept/outline:
shirt - long sleeve - pants - socks - rags - sheet - anything else??
added: dress
H1OijAI.png

Last edited:
Colored!
Edit: Oh u intend to color them later..
Well I think the shape looks very fine

Last edited:
I would suggest to use detector rails as they are already used for ropes. But could be any other rails or sugar cane. They will need 2 block states for n-s and w-e orientation.

Another idea would be to make a 3D model for the detector rail ropes and attach the cloths as items to that line. This would have two benefits.
  • It would give us full control over the placement of the cloths
  • It would also give the cloth a better look, as items are rendered in 3D (without a 3D model, like a tool in your hand)

Last edited:
@Eriol_Eandur @Finrod_Amandil - would it be possible to upload these outlines as "placeholders" for future clothesline textures? With the deadline to upload Gondor textures approaching quickly, I would much rather not rush these textures and instead make more interesting/unique variants.

Therefore, players can build clotheslines in locations such as DA now with the basic textures. Then I will eventually upload the improved textures with more variants that should, if I understand block randomization correctly, replace the older version! To my knowledge this would be easier than waiting to add the clotheslines after construction, as this tends to result in some more awkward placements.

If approved, here are the textures:
3Ja2uqJ.png
QpkI0A6.png
PbqTzyc.png
3WQSCHD.png
GQNCO1k.png
BmFeG5N.png
Zz7BNsc.png
746cBUo.png

I would suggest to use detector rails as they are already used for ropes. But could be any other rails or sugar cane. They will need 2 block states for n-s and w-e orientation.

Another idea would be to make a 3D model for the detector rail ropes and attach the cloths as items to that line. This would have two benefits.
  • It would give us full control over the placement of the cloths
  • It would also give the cloth a better look, as items are rendered in 3D (without a 3D model, like a tool in your hand)
Let me know if you would like me to adjust the textures in anyway (ie: remove the rope). Feel free to tinker with the models and, if you find something that works, I can always download it from your WIP RP