• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted ConfusedLlama_'s Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConfusedLlama_

Another Moria Worker
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : ConfusedLlama_
Date Joined : 07 April 2020
What country are you from / What time do you usually play online: I am from South Africa although I am currently living in Britain. I am on for most of the day (BST)
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes, I try to be on as much as possible.
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes
What makes a great Guide according to you? A guide should be actively helping new players and try to integrate them with the awesome community of MCME. A great guide should genuinely enjoy exploring and finding new places on the server, that way they can share their passion for what they love with other people and spread the happiness that MCME gives them with new players. Guides should help keep people excited and enthusiastic by running tours and minigames (I already have experience running minigames and tours) as well as pvp and other events.
A good guide should know how to communicate to people in a way that makes them want to listen to what you have to say and makes them genuinely interested in the server. A good guide should have a high lore knowledge and always want to learn and gather new information about the works of Tolkien and server lore.

Hey @LlamaJaden1

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, it events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord.
We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides.

Thank you for your patience, and good luck with the rest of your application.

Regards
- The Guides

Greetings @LlamaJaden1!

The guides have discussed your application, and we'd like to move onto the next stage with your application. Congratulations!

So, starting from tomorrow, the 2nd of July 2020, you will have 1 month to demonstrate to us why you would be a good Guide. You have been given the tours badge and minigames badge if you don't have them already. I recommend looking through the minigames manual and the guide manual on how to do stuff.

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this post updated. Whenever you do a tour, minigame, event or so on, it's up to you to let us know in here and here only. This is the only place we will look at for progress on your application, we won't check anywhere else!

At some point during your period, we will ask you to complete a trial tour as well. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. We won't prompt you to complete one, yet it's detrimental to the success of your application. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate your ideas over to us!

We'll support you through it. If there's anything you want announcing, in #alerts or #news, let us know in here. If there's anything you'd like the Guides explicitly to be at, then once again say it down below. We'll keep you updated from time to time, with feedback or updates regarding your application.

So over to you. You have until the 2nd of August to show us what you'd be like as a Guide.

Best of luck, and we'll see you soon.
- The Guides

Just ran a fun tour through the Shire, we explored key locations in the East and Westfarthings ( Michel Delving, Waymeet, Hobbiton, Bywater, Frogmorton, Bucklebury, Bonfireglade, Tom Bombadils house and the village of Bree )

Thanks to all these awesome people for tagging along, hope you enjoyed it :D

2020-07-02_15.43.04.png

Ran quite a few races today (IsengardCircuit, DApark and the one i made yesterday) also participated in xmines race from hobbiton to mt doom very fun :D .

Last edited:
Ran a tour from Paths of the Dead to the Pelargir theatre (went through PoTD, Calembel, Ethring, Linhir and Pelargir) spent quite a while learning my way through paths of the dead but it paid of in the end :D. Big thanks to all these people for joining the tour, I hope you all enjoyed it :).

2020-07-05_17.03.30.png

(I think the group photo's are quite cool, please let me know if they are annoying :p)

Did another tour through Paths of the dead to the Pelargir theatre as many adventurers requested it. Got quite a large group. Thank you all for joining and I hope you enjoyed it. My commoner sense tells me that it went quite well ;) (jk).

2020-07-06_22.24.35.png

Also ran a race from Bag End to Mount Doom. Was pretty fun. Congratulations to @thomasd18 for winning with a time of 2943 seconds :D. Thank you to everyone who participated.

2020-07-07_00.24.44.png

The Bag End to Mount Doom race was requested again, so i ran it :). Might make this a daily thing since people seem to really enjoy it. I love seeing how competitive everyone is getting trying to find the fastest route there and cut down there times which I think is pretty awesome. I love seeing everyone come together and discuss the fastest routes they have found and give each other advice on how to cut down time. Congratulations to @Xmine01 for winning :D . The current record is still held by @Mediodox with a time of 2863 seconds, lets see if anyone can beat him :p:eek:. Thanks to everyone who participated.

2020-07-07_14.35.23.png

The Bag End to Mount Doom race was requested again, so i ran it :). Might make this a daily thing since people seem to really enjoy it. I love seeing how competitive everyone is getting trying to find the fastest route there and cut down there times which I think is pretty awesome. I love seeing everyone come together and discuss the fastest routes they have found and give each other advice on how to cut down time. Congratulations to @Xmine01 for winning :D . The current record is still held by @Mediodox with a time of 2863 seconds, lets see if anyone can beat him :p:eek:. Thanks to everyone who participated.

View attachment 18345
Recommend not making it a daily event and come up with some new ideas, if you constantly run the same thing people lose interest and the excitement for that event is lost

Did a tour with @Darki :eek:. Went from Dol Amroth to Lost falls to Goldarce to Ironmere to Linhir and ended at Pelargir. It was pretty fun. Thanks to all these epic people for joining.:)

2020-07-07_22.10.48.png

(@greglas2 was a bit camera shy today, see if you can spot him in the background) I also joined archimdes' tour through Moria.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.