• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Connection Lost Internal Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter 'directory'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting the "Connection Lost Internal Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter 'directory' is not a directory".

I thought it was from the mods I downloaded, so I removed them but it still didn't work.

Help!

This can be caused because our servers automatically sends you resource packs, this is called "Server resource packs". The error you describe is most likely caused because of a non-existent server-texture-packs folder.

You can try to fix it by going to /User/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft folder and checking if theres a folder called server-texture-packs. If it's not there, manually create it and try joining again.

This can be caused because our servers automatically sends you resource packs, this is called "Server resource packs". The error you describe is most likely caused because of a non-existent server-texture-packs folder.

You can try to fix it by going to /User/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft folder and checking if theres a folder called server-texture-packs. If it's not there, manually create it and try joining again.

Wow thanks for the quick reply!

I'd love to see how this server has changed, I used to be active back in 2013 or so. Glad I can finally come back.

It still didn't work :(

Maybe if I disabled the automatic resource pack switch it would work. Any further suggestions?

It still didn't work :(

Maybe if I disabled the automatic resource pack switch it would work. Any further suggestions?
Yes try to disable the server resource packs. For that, in the server list (after you clicked "Multiplayer" on the start screen). Select the server by clicking once on it and then hit the "edit" button below. Then change the setting "Server Resource Packs" to Disabled. You then can download the RPs manually >>here<<.

I think the directory name must be "server-resource-packs"

I think the directory name must be "server-resource-packs"

Oh yeah. I just checked. Older versions (even when the term resourcepack already was in use) still used server-texture-packs. This is the folder you need:

2015-06-23 19_33_35-.minecraft.png

Status
Not open for further replies.