• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Constructive Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beathaven

Worthy of Mordor
Credits
XP
Recently, I was banned for talking condescendingly, whitout providing structural criticism. If you want some constructive criticism, here is some. If you remove this thread, it is only confirmation of what I wrote. This was copied from the AC forums.

In my opinion I don't think that is true. I thought about writing my thoughts and feelings on this thread when it was first made but decided not to, but here I am anyway.

Personally, I only joined ArdaCraft around April of 2017, when the whole Delmana drama happened. I have been a staff member on MCME and I helped built their version of Middle-Earth for over 5 years. Five. Years. At one point I was banned over the use of the word "nigger". I can not express how glad I am to not have to think before I say something on a TeamSpeak/Discord, this is evidenced by my meteoric rise on the all-time-quotes-list. The use of this word was obviously against the rules of their family friendly server and I got slapped in the face with a three month ban. This did not stop me, I waited for three months and went back to MCME. Talk about dedication, right? I went back to MCME and worked really hard and I was finally promoted to Designer after I took over the Chamber of Light from none other than Finrod, who went missing in action halfway through the project. I led one of MCME's Moria's biggest halls and made it look great, by MCME's standards.
I was rewarded with 5 years of hard work with nothing. I had proved my loyalty. I even spent around 90 euros on alternate account just to get on the server and look, let alone the donations I made. When criticising their enforcement of rules, I got no-one who took me, us, seriously. And this ultimately drove me away.

I can only imagine how far I could have been at this point when I would have joined ArdaCraft earlier. When I would have joined when MCME removed the castle I had worked on for weeks without a word. Or when I got banned over saying a stupid word. Or even when ArdaCraft was founded. I could have had years more experience using the mod-pack and using my brain to think realistically.

And even now, just last week, I was banned permanently from their discord and server for, and I am not joking here, "talking condescendingly". Talking. Condescendingly. I am willing to share their evidence here, not only because I think it is complete bullshit, which is another word I can freely use here. I also just do not care anymore. I was banned from the discord when I reacted the word "autism" on TI's frankly, well, autistic birthday cake. When a current staff member of MCME does the same to something I post, I get the permaban. I do have evidence for this and will share if nessecary.

Hard work does not seem to be rewarded under Finrod's lead as Head Designer and this drove a number of staff members, including me, away. Where do players who want to continue building the great world that Tolkien created go? ArdaCraft. It can not be denied that since Finrod took over the role of Head Designer, MCME has gone down hill drastically. Under the previous Head Designer's guider, great project such as Minas Tirith, Osgiliath and Pelargir were finished. Of course, improvements have been made, look for example at Despot's Moria resource pack and Eriol's plugins. But a good leader is what's missing from MCME nowadays. His own staff members do not trust him anymore, look at Operation Janus and his recent visits to ArdaCraft's Rivendell and Misty Mountains. While losing support from his Designers he has been busy driving away people by not taking seriously what they have to say. The driving away of people combined with the lower numbers joining the server leads to one thing, namely stagnation. Combine this with two ranks focussed on not building, and you have got yourself a dysfunctional server. What does Finrod do to solve the low number of builders? He lowers the standards his builders need just to crank the numbers up. But then these builders spend their time smoothing terrain by hand. In the meantime, ArdaCraft has only been making the quality of their builders higher.

If Finrod is such a naive person to trust Fornad and Eaglz, is he fit to lead such a project? It is difficult enough to trust people when you can see their facial expressions. But then why is Finrod so easy to trust competitors when only hearing their voice, or worse, just seeing the words they are typing? If Finrod is so hard to contact, for whatever reason, that this too stagnates the server, should he be the person to contact about the project's biggest decision? Why are there ranks dedicated to not building? Why do the actual building ranks smooth terrain by hand? Why do they redo perfectly good cities? Who allowed this to be redone? Why did they choose for itemblocks, which kill FPS? Why are so many MCME players now active on ArdaCraft? Why is there a travel agency in Dol Amroth? Why is Finrod still in charge? Why?

I don't know the answers to these question, but I think these are questions worth asking if MCME wants to escape the downward spiral they have entered when Finrod took over. I know Finrod probably will not read this, just because I wrote it, even ArdaCraft members might just say "no" to such a wall of text, but I just wanted to vent what I think of this whole situation. Even my resignation post on MCME's forums wasn't a complete shitpost. There was some honest and true criticism hidden in between the jokey nature the post was written in.

I always said I just wanted to build Middle-Earth and joke around, and I am glad I found the place where I can do that.

Beathaven

P.S. Evidence: Beathaven – Google Диск

I am struggling between just ignoring you or actually be naïve once more and actually REALLY believe the points you want to make are meant seriously. I mean you call it yourself:
Beathaven said:
If Finrod is such a naive person to trust Fornad and Eaglz, is he fit to lead such a project?
Trusting Fornad and Eag was just an as bad descision as trusting you.

So now, I will answer all your questions, as far as I can, but not to please you but to clarify to those still loyal to MCME what is up. And to all of those I promise: If my answer ends up in just another meme it will be the last time I take any single word of you remotely serious, it'll just be deleted, as I am doing it with all of Eaglz' posts already.

• Why you were banned: As said multiple times already, the main reason for your permanent ban was not "talking condescendingly", it was your previous ban, which was only appealed under the condition that any other infraction of similar kind (that kind being infracting that neither racism nor talking condescendingly is acceptable IRL) would lead to a perma ban. It was a deal that you accepted, and a promise you gave me, and you broke it. It was not about what exactly you said, it was about that all indications were clear about that your statments were purely deconstructive and malevolent. As said before, we do not want to punish bad actions but bad intentions.
  • Getting Designer back: Given how much of a balancing act it was to persuade the others involved in the previous case I can safely say that if it weren't for me you would have never gotten the rank back there in the first place.
  • Money: A Minecraft account does not cost 90€ and donations are no argument for nothing, and circumventing bans by using alt accounts is far away from the best solution. Well, now it's the only thing that's left for you, and personally I don't mind if you help financing the future of Minecraft.
  • Your castle: The removal of your castle was an accident while using WorldEdit. We immediately tried getting it back from other maps and I immediately had the staff member that was responsible for it getting in touch with you and clarify things. We previously had a staff member nuking an entire village, a forest and some more terrain by accident, and no one bat an eye, instead we went ahead and fixed it.
  • Autistic: Autism is 1) a handicap which is not funny if you have it and 2) nothing a cake can have. The use of the word "autistic" has become so "normal" among you and some others that you're not even seem to be aware anymore what it stands for. I would like you to have a meet and greet with a truly autistic kid and watch how you laugh it in the face.
  • About how I execute my rank: I dare not judge myself whether overall I am doing a great job or not. I agree, I do things very differently than Credoo did. As it has developed for me I am not the one leading the big projects, much rather I am the one trying to make building as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I am very thankful for constructive criticism, but I fear after the experience I had to make with Fornad and Eag, and you, Beat, as well, I would be a fool to take anything profoundly serious and upright.
  • Taking my Designers seriously: I used to take everyone on this server seriously, especially the Designers and former Designers. One of those former Designers was Eaglz. And you know what I got in return for taking him seriously. I used to nor care whether someone was part of AC or not, if he had a serious request I took him seriously. Many criticise me for giving the okay of redoing Dol Amroth. You want to know why I did that? Not because it was my idea, but because two Designers approached me with the request that they want to do it really badly. I gave the okay at last because I wanted to honour the Designers and their passion.
  • About honouring long-serving Designers: Here on MCME we say the members that have been here longer do not gain special permissions or other advantages. That is not entirely true. There once were two Designers that were part of the server for very long and contributed a lot. They were called Beathaven and Eaglz. When they got in trouble I did everything to get them out of it. I spent almost entire days to get Beat out of his mess and risked my credibility. Similar with Eaglz, and ya'll know what happened there. I offered to get him back twice, once right after the last drama where he lost the rank, and once this time. The first time he just rejected (and I was sad about it) and the second time he just screwed me over. I wanted to honour what you gave to MCME, but in the end you two gave a damn on it. So don't dare claiming I would not honour the good things you gave to MCME.
Beathaven said:
If Finrod is such a naive person to trust Fornad and Eaglz, is he fit to lead such a project? It is difficult enough to trust people when you can see their facial expressions. But then why is Finrod so easy to trust competitors when only hearing their voice, or worse, just seeing the words they are typing?
I was naïve, yes. I thought no one would try to rule the world with the server he was part of, which would reason doing whatever it takes to push the competitor down. I thought most people would not be here just to screw people over or laugh about others. I thought that being open-minded, honest and upright would bring one the furthest. Looks like I was wrong.
Beathaven said:
If Finrod is so hard to contact, for whatever reason, that this too stagnates the server, should he be the person to contact about the project's biggest decision?
I have gotten many pm's on the Forums and Discord lately. I have alwas answered anything I got asap, no matter who sent it or what it was about. Previously I was away for a couple weeks, but I did get back to everyone as far as it was still relevant.
Not all decisions need to be made by me, I even encourage the Designers making their own decisions, I am not omniscient and many decisions I can not do significantly better than anyone else. I am just here to observe what decisions are being made, and assist in making them if need be. I want to grant the Designers as much freedom as possible, because it does not work when anyone is getting forced to do something.
Beathaven said:
Why are there ranks dedicated to not building?
Because MCME is not only about building. Oh and it also needs a few people that help keeping those in charge that only post deconstructive nonsense. Also we're looking into getting the Guides involved in the building process.
Beathaven said:
Why do the actual building ranks smooth terrain by hand?
Because it looks better than if we voxelled it.
Beathaven said:
Why do they redo perfectly good cities? Who allowed this to be redone?
See above, "taking my designers seriously"
Beathaven said:
Why did they choose for itemblocks, which kill FPS?
Because we were looking for ways to introduce more blocks to our RP's without having users be required to install and maintain mods. The FPS hit was larger than expected and fixes will be applied shortly. I would probably already have gotten to it, but I was kept busy with dealing with some trouble-makers.
Beathaven said:
Why are so many MCME players now active on ArdaCraft?
From what I perceived AC has lost one player during the last drama and MCME has not lost anyone, beside you, Eag and Fornad, so noone that would really have been building. In contrary, we have a lot of new and great Artists, and more promotions may still follow very soon.
Why is there a travel agency in Dol Amroth?
Guides are currently looking over what signs may have been subject to a bit too much of creative freedom.
Beathaven said:
Why is Finrod still in charge? Why?
I cannot answer this one, but so far it's the first concrete call for a change to this rank. If there are others that want to question my position, feel free to drop me a pm.

And I am leaving this thread here, and in case this is just another piece of bulls*t that intends to get me into an argument and deliver you more meme material, this will be the proof of what the intentions of you, Eag and Fornad really are, and means of reasoning to ban all further alt accounts, deny all ban appeals, and delete all posts, no matter how seriously or constructive they claim to be.

I am struggling between just ignoring you or actually be naïve once more and actually REALLY believe the points you want to make are meant seriously. I mean you call it yourself:

Trusting Fornad and Eag was just an as bad descision as trusting you.

So now, I will answer all your questions, as far as I can, but not to please you but to clarify to those still loyal to MCME what is up. And to all of those I promise: If my answer ends up in just another meme it will be the last time I take any single word of you remotely serious, it'll just be deleted, as I am doing it with all of Eaglz' posts already.

• Why you were banned: As said multiple times already, the main reason for your permanent ban was not "talking condescendingly", it was your previous ban, which was only appealed under the condition that any other infraction of similar kind (that kind being infracting that neither racism nor talking condescendingly is acceptable IRL) would lead to a perma ban. It was a deal that you accepted, and a promise you gave me, and you broke it. It was not about what exactly you said, it was about that all indications were clear about that your statments were purely deconstructive and malevolent. As said before, we do not want to punish bad actions but bad intentions.
  • Getting Designer back: Given how much of a balancing act it was to persuade the others involved in the previous case I can safely say that if it weren't for me you would have never gotten the rank back there in the first place.
  • Money: A Minecraft account does not cost 90€ and donations are no argument for nothing, and circumventing bans by using alt accounts is far away from the best solution. Well, now it's the only thing that's left for you, and personally I don't mind if you help financing the future of Minecraft.
  • Your castle: The removal of your castle was an accident while using WorldEdit. We immediately tried getting it back from other maps and I immediately had the staff member that was responsible for it getting in touch with you and clarify things. We previously had a staff member nuking an entire village, a forest and some more terrain by accident, and no one bat an eye, instead we went ahead and fixed it.
  • Autistic: Autism is 1) a handicap which is not funny if you have it and 2) nothing a cake can have. The use of the word "autistic" has become so "normal" among you and some others that you're not even seem to be aware anymore what it stands for. I would like you to have a meet and greet with a truly autistic kid and watch how you laugh it in the face.
  • About how I execute my rank: I dare not judge myself whether overall I am doing a great job or not. I agree, I do things very differently than Credoo did. As it has developed for me I am not the one leading the big projects, much rather I am the one trying to make building as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I am very thankful for constructive criticism, but I fear after the experience I had to make with Fornad and Eag, and you, Beat, as well, I would be a fool to take anything profoundly serious and upright.
  • Taking my Designers seriously: I used to take everyone on this server seriously, especially the Designers and former Designers. One of those former Designers was Eaglz. And you know what I got in return for taking him seriously. I used to nor care whether someone was part of AC or not, if he had a serious request I took him seriously. Many criticise me for giving the okay of redoing Dol Amroth. You want to know why I did that? Not because it was my idea, but because two Designers approached me with the request that they want to do it really badly. I gave the okay at last because I wanted to honour the Designers and their passion.
  • About honouring long-serving Designers: Here on MCME we say the members that have been here longer do not gain special permissions or other advantages. That is not entirely true. There once were two Designers that were part of the server for very long and contributed a lot. They were called Beathaven and Eaglz. When they got in trouble I did everything to get them out of it. I spent almost entire days to get Beat out of his mess and risked my credibility. Similar with Eaglz, and ya'll know what happened there. I offered to get him back twice, once right after the last drama where he lost the rank, and once this time. The first time he just rejected (and I was sad about it) and the second time he just screwed me over. I wanted to honour what you gave to MCME, but in the end you two gave a damn on it. So don't dare claiming I would not honour the good things you gave to MCME.

I was naïve, yes. I thought no one would try to rule the world with the server he was part of, which would reason doing whatever it takes to push the competitor down. I thought most people would not be here just to screw people over or laugh about others. I thought that being open-minded, honest and upright would bring one the furthest. Looks like I was wrong.

I have gotten many pm's on the Forums and Discord lately. I have alwas answered anything I got asap, no matter who sent it or what it was about. Previously I was away for a couple weeks, but I did get back to everyone as far as it was still relevant.
Not all decisions need to be made by me, I even encourage the Designers making their own decisions, I am not omniscient and many decisions I can not do significantly better than anyone else. I am just here to observe what decisions are being made, and assist in making them if need be. I want to grant the Designers as much freedom as possible, because it does not work when anyone is getting forced to do something.

Because MCME is not only about building. Oh and it also needs a few people that help keeping those in charge that only post deconstructive nonsense. Also we're looking into getting the Guides involved in the building process.

Because it looks better than if we voxelled it.

See above, "taking my designers seriously"

Because we were looking for ways to introduce more blocks to our RP's without having users be required to install and maintain mods. The FPS hit was larger than expected and fixes will be applied shortly. I would probably already have gotten to it, but I was kept busy with dealing with some trouble-makers.
From what I perceived AC has lost one player during the last drama and MCME has not lost anyone, beside you, Eag and Fornad, so noone that would really have been building. In contrary, we have a lot of new and great Artists, and more promotions may still follow very soon.
Guides are currently looking over what signs may have been subject to a bit too much of creative freedom.

I cannot answer this one, but so far it's the first concrete call for a change to this rank. If there are others that want to question my position, feel free to drop me a pm.

And I am leaving this thread here, and in case this is just another piece of bulls*t that intends to get me into an argument and deliver you more meme material, this will be the proof of what the intentions of you, Eag and Fornad really are, and means of reasoning to ban all further alt accounts, deny all ban appeals, and delete all posts, no matter how seriously or constructive they claim to be.
Good points but how long did that take?

I just feel the need to share a couple words on this since I do not want to waste to much time on this. Beat your a cool dude irl but dammm mann drop the salt.
For someone who openly said he does not care about MCME anymore you to still carry allot of hate with you. Its alright if your angry and or voice your opinion, but why direct all your anger and hate towards one person who got you unbanned in the first place.
If it wasn't for Finrod you would have probably still been banned from your first ban. And if we are talking about dedication, hard work and loyalty I do not think anyone has done more in the ENTIRE history of MCME as Finrod. Yes he is human he makes mistakes like all of us but that does not discount all the hours he put in to trying to make MCME a better place. So yes I still stand by my decision that he was and still is the best person for Head designer on MCME.

This is my opinion on this discussion,

Arda Craft and mcme are two completely different servers, that's why Arda started in the first place, why do you keep comparing them in realism and quality? I'll be the first to admit that I really like almost anything that's been built on Arda Craft, Mithlond is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen in minecraft also the terrain there looks just absolutely stunning. Mcme will never be able to use the amount of textures and blocks as Arda Craft. That's how it has been all the time and like I said one of the reasons why Arda Craft was founded in the first place.

Now for Dol Amroth, DA is a different city than all other cities in mcme and I get it that you might not like how it looks, but to be honest it is the most advanced style mcme ever used. You may call it unrealistic, but look at pelargir, is that more realistic? You called that ' a great project' which it is, but it's a lot less realistic than DA, and also DA just looks a lot better than Pelargir in my opinion, the houses, the interiors, other structures and terrain.

I get what you're saying with those unrealistic shops, those are being looked at right now, that's a thing that definitely needs to get fixed.

As for hand smoothing, it's something new that gives a very nice result in the end, after the designers did the basic shape of the terrain I can easily finish a plot in 40 minutes, which isn't too long. I have to agree though that more commoners and adventurers should have done it, but it's a pretty complex system to explain to someone new, and to most people terrain smoothing doesn't sound too interesting.
With the tree concept that Darki and Eaglz (I believe it was them atleast) made I believe that the terrain will look amazing when done.

Lastly I think every single project going on right now is going great, we may not have the same amount of builders as we used to, but the quality of our builds have gone up even with our 'less high standards' for artist applications.I'd love better builders and more of them. I do agree that there are people artist right now that shouldn't have the rank, because of their in-activity or lack of skills.

I just feel the need to share a couple words on this since I do not want to waste to much time on this. Beat your a cool dude irl but dammm mann drop the salt.
For someone who openly said he does not care about MCME anymore you to still carry allot of hate with you. Its alright if your angry and or voice your opinion, but why direct all your anger and hate towards one person who got you unbanned in the first place.
If it wasn't for Finrod you would have probably still been banned from your first ban. And if we are talking about dedication, hard work and loyalty I do not think anyone has done more in the ENTIRE history of MCME as Finrod. Yes he is human he makes mistakes like all of us but that does not discount all the hours he put in to trying to make MCME a better place. So yes I still stand by my decision that he was and still is the best person for Head designer on MCME.
Welp, that deserves an 'amen'!

My opinion on this situation is that i don't know you but what i can say is that if you have nothing nice to say about the people on this server especially Finrod_Amandil then don't say it. I don't know what you are getting out of writing a bog rant like this and actually if you think about it the building standards are getting higher and higher, to contradict your point dol amroth is looking amazing so far.
If you don't care about this server then why still play it and question everything that is done ? we don't want to hear about what you have to say if you are not gonna be nice. Also comparing two completely different servers ! Really ? I am 100% certain they are not in competition with each other and i don't think a comparison is needed tbh. As i said before i don't know you are the reasons for you being banned are unknown to me but I'm going to make reference to my first point.If you have nothing nice to say don't say it! If you don't play on the server, and you are comparing it to another separate server is outrageous and ridiculous.
- super

My opinion on this situation is that i don't know you but what i can say is that if you have nothing nice to say about the people on this server especially Finrod_Amandil then don't say it. I don't know what you are getting out of writing a bog rant like this and actually if you think about it the building standards are getting higher and higher, to contradict your point dol amroth is looking amazing so far.
If you don't care about this server then why still play it and question everything that is done ? we don't want to hear about what you have to say if you are not gonna be nice. Also comparing two completely different servers ! Really ? I am 100% certain they are not in competition with each other and i don't think a comparison is needed tbh. As i said before i don't know you are the reasons for you being banned are unknown to me but I'm going to make reference to my first point.If you have nothing nice to say don't say it! If you don't play on the server, and you are comparing it to another separate server is outrageous and ridiculous.
- super
Wow, u know u f****d up if super replies to these kinda threads... :p

- super
Did you already voted for staff xD
I mean you're so good with feedback :p

- super
You've been a member for two months, you don't even have the right to speak to a guy like Beathaven who's been around for five years. You don't know anything about the situation, you don't know what he has done for this server, and you have no idea what you're talking about. Same goes to Merlin, who seems to love getting involved in these threads/discussions when he has been on for two months and knows f*** all about anything that's been going on here.

Beat, know that many current MCME players and staff members still support you. The false head designer does not represent this community.

You've been a member for two months, you don't even have the right to speak to a guy like Beathaven who's been around for five years. You don't know anything about the situation, you don't know what he has done for this server, and you have no idea what you're talking about. Same goes to Merlin, who seems to love getting involved in these threads/discussions when he has been on for two months and knows f*** all about anything that's been going on here.

Beat, know that many current MCME players and staff members still support you. The false head designer does not represent this community.
i can say what i want I'm a active member who has an opinion m8 and i said i don't know what has happened in the past I'm just saying to hate on everyone that is currently building and hate on fin is just unfair and completely outrageous tbh so don't tell me what i can and cannot do. Also I'm super active and i think at least some people care what i think. Ill say it to you too If you have nothing nice to say to me or the community then don't say it its simple m8

Post with your main account, I dare you

i can say what i want I'm a active member who has an opinion m8 and i said i don't know what has happened in the past I'm just saying to hate on everyone that is currently building and hate on fin is just unfair and completely outrageous tbh so don't tell me what i can and cannot do. Also I'm super active and i think at least some people care what i think. Ill say it to you too If you have nothing nice to say to me or the community then don't say it its simple m8

I don't care how active you've been in the last few weeks. That gives you absolutely no credibility or authority to speak on the happenings of the last few years. Stick to what you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.