• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

D_loaded's Artist Application

D

Deleted member 10930

I joined the actual server 6-8-2016 But I had heard of it ages ago, (back when Bree had Wheat
  • I was co owner of 2 different small servers, were I did a lot of building.
  • Be sure to see my theme Build
  • Ask me over steam (D_loaded) about more pictures if you need or want more, I have a city in my singleplayer.

• I can do any of those, but I dislike elven, or orc
Minecraft is an Art form. I want to do my part, and have something to be proud of on here.
D_loaded

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your application!

Sorry for my late feedback. Your builds look great.
I would really like to see what you can do with our resource packs, could you consider to participate in a >>Themed Build<<?

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Looking forward to meet you on the server.

Thank you for your application!

Sorry for my late feedback. Your builds look great.
I would really like to see what you can do with our resource packs, could you consider to participate in a >>Themed Build<<?

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Looking forward to meet you on the server.
Thank you for consideration! I made a theme build just yesterday actually. I dont understand jobs or how they work...

When a Designer has some task to do which is quite easy, like building road, walls, bushes, small streams, .... he starts a job and every Adventurer can join the job and help building that road or whatever. During jobs you can show that you can work together with other players and also that you can realise the instructions given by the Designer. There are usually jobs at Saturday evenings and occasionally some more during the week.
MCME is a community build project. We want to include as many players as possible, those with very good building skills and also those with less good building skills. But for a great results we have to take care that the styles of the builds are matching well. Thus Designers plan and organise the projects and define the style for a city for example. Artists need great building skills of course, but they also need the skill to pick up a given style and use it for building.
Your building skills seem to be very good already. Now you should show the skill to pick up styles and you can do that best by participating in Themed-builds, jobs and plotbuilds.

When a Designer has some task to do which is quite easy, like building road, walls, bushes, small streams, .... he starts a job and every Adventurer can join the job and help building that road or whatever. During jobs you can show that you can work together with other players and also that you can realise the instructions given by the Designer. There are usually jobs at Saturday evenings and occasionally some more during the week.
MCME is a community build project. We want to include as many players as possible, those with very good building skills and also those with less good building skills. But for a great results we have to take care that the styles of the builds are matching well. Thus Designers plan and organise the projects and define the style for a city for example. Artists need great building skills of course, but they also need the skill to pick up a given style and use it for building.
Your building skills seem to be very good already. Now you should show the skill to pick up styles and you can do that best by participating in Themed-builds, jobs and plotbuilds.

Oh designers make the themes? ok then consider this application for designer.

Designers plan and organise large projects on MCME, they shape the terrain, assign Artists to builds and run jobs for Adventurers. They need both building skills and leadership abilities. You may apply for Desinger on another forum thread, but you should really get Artitst first and be a very active Artist for some months at least before you do. We want to know a player very well before we consider someone for the Designer team.

Btw all decisions about >>ranks<< are made by our Head Designer and Head Enforcer.

Designers plan and organise large projects on MCME, they shape the terrain, assign Artists to builds and run jobs for Adventurers. They need both building skills and leadership abilities. You may apply for Desinger on another forum thread, but you should really get Artitst first and be a very active Artist for some months at least before you do. We want to know a player very well before we consider someone for the Designer team.

Btw all decisions about >>ranks<< are made by our Head Designer and Head Enforcer.
SO your saying i should harrass those people to get a faster response? lol

No, you shouldn't.
Finrod usually reviews Artist applications every week. Sometimes he gives additional feedback to applications then.

There is a rank update in the MCME times every week. But there is usually no notice to applicants who are not accepted yet.
Just keep improving your application based on the feedback above.

Thank you for applying for Artist!

Your builds are not only of a very good quality already, but are also stunningly similar in style to some locations we have on MCME, especially the second screenshot of the dome in the sunset looks very similar to cities like Pelargir or Harlond. What you should still do now is show me whether you can do just as fancy builds with our set of Resource Packs, and the best way to do that is by participating in one of our weekly Themed Builds, where a topic (a location or thing) is given to reconstruct.
Then I'd just like to clarify that while having references as staff of other servers definitely is a good thing, we keep it that everyone has to go through at least one non-staff rank (Artist or Guide) until a promotion to a staff rank (Designer or Enforcer) really becomes a thing.
So please do participate in a Themed Build and share the screenshots in this thread, and if you stick around on the server here and then you may come along a Designer hosting a job, and even though it may not be that difficult, it's good to once experience how the things like roads and marshes are being constructed.

~ Finrod