• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Darki190

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darki

Moria Hall Professional
Commoner
Credits
XP
Date you joined the server:

18th of January

Jobs
and similar things that you participated in on the MCME server: (UPDATE)

1. Mandos: Smexy Fields
  2. Mandos: Smexy Fields (lead by Eaglz)
  3. Mandos: Smexy Fields (lead by toey)
  4. Eriol: Working on Roads
  5. Eriol: Working on Roads
  6. Eriol: Working on Roads
  7. Eriol: Controlling Rendol on Derps (beds, doors, tables etc.)
  8. Eriol: Working on Roads
  9. Tyran: Working on highmoors
  10. Eriol: Working on derped Trees
  11. Demonataz: Grassing (Fornost)
  12. Credoo and Tyran: Caves around Pillars in Moria
  13. Eriol: Working on derped Trees
  14. Finrod: Road Through High Moor (with Daddlio)
  15. Finrod: High Moor Ravines
  16. Emilio: Finishing the High Moor Ravines
  17. Emilio: Road in Eriador (lead by Thomas)
  18. Finrod: Double Grassing the borders of High Moore
  19. Kisos: Roads
  20. Kisos: Roads
  21. Ryiw: High Moore (another big part done)
  22. Thomas: Forrest/Road for his personal project
  23. Kisos: Roads
  24. Kisos: Fixing derped trees and digging a River
One or multiple links to screenshots of builds you made: (UPDATE)

Siege tower plot:

I decided to build my Siege Tower of this week theme build, these are some screen shots:

My name + Plot:
View media item 1533
Side + Front:
View media item 1528
Side:
View media item 1529
Wheel structure:
View media item 1529
After finishing this first Siege Tower i asked designer Tyran to have a look at it. He told me it looked nice, but it wasn't exactly what it should look like. He showed me a Siege Tower in the Plotworld, which he declared to be the best one build yet.

After seeing this Siege tower I decided to make a 2nd Siege Tower which would be truer to a believable siege tower, which would fit better in McMe.

Front:
View media item 1523
Side:
View media item 1524
Backside:
View media item 1525
Top:
View media item 1527
Wheels:
View media item 1531
Wheel structure:
View media item 1526
I think the second one is in my opinion a way more believable and more detailed build of the Siege Tower. The form and colors are based on the Siege Tower which Tyran showed me.

After this Errol advised me to build a wall and edit the landscape. So I decided to build an as big as possible part of the outer wall of Minas Tirith. I build it from scratch and it is almost exactly the same as the real wall.

The Wall:
View media item 1535
The Wall and my second siege Tower:
View media item 1534
View media item 1537
View media item 1536
The forge of Ost-in-Edhil

Total:

View media item 1578
Inside:

View media item 1577
View media item 1579
Fornost house:

View media item 1566
Fornost house i ruined and was pasted in the world by inferno. He was happy with it and the only tip the had was use a little bit less cobble types. He pasted a taller fornost building to ruin next.

Your interests:

I love building all styles from gondor to rohan. I love the symmetry of a dwarven pillar, the elegance of an elven city and even the darkness of a mordor building. Each style has its own challenge and i would love to be able to work on a project and change details to come as close to perfection as possible.

Your motivation:

My main motivation for getting artist is that i will be able to help out better with making this astonishing world even more beautiful then it already is. I love helping designers, this job will be a lot easier as a artist. For example eriol asked me to check a city on derped beds, i would be able to do it without him needing to be online to make a job.

Another reason is the ability to create and work together on projects with designers. Creating a believable and true version of tolkien´s beautiful buildings and landscapes. The love that many people have put into this server makes me want to help creating even more on this server.

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

I'm looking forward to your screenshots. Thery are very important. Best are builds which use our >>texture packs<< especially our weekly >>themed builds<<. If you post some screenshots we will give you some feedback about your builds.

When you have new builds add more screenshots to your application above. Make a few of every build to show more details. Please also reply to this thread with something like 'update'. This will make us notice your new screenshots.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<< as you already did. Try to stay very active with jobs. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Hey Darki,

Thank you for your application!
I have to say the perseverance and time you did put into your application and your first Themed Build is very impressing! Also that you ask other people for feedback and then even build an entire new tower to use it is very awesome. I'd like to ask you to participate in another Themed Build, because we won't need siege towers too often, but instead buildings ;). Keep working on your Artist app and your chances will be very good!

Update: Finished The forge of Ost-in-Edhil

After talking to kisos and eaglz i decided to make some changes:

1. Redoing the upper part of the roof
  2. Making an Arch between the pillars
  3. Making a structure to hold up the roof
The forge of Ost-in-Edhil:

Redone upper part of the roof:

View media item 1587
Arch:

View media item 1586
Structure to hold up the roof:

View media item 1585
Sideview:

View media item 1584
I added some other jobs i did today to the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.