• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Darth Draws

DarthRagnar

Worthy of Mordor
Credits
XP
As some of you know, I occasionally like to draw. I'm no professional, but its a fun way to relax sometimes. I figured I'd make a thread where I can share my drawings with everyone. All drawings are on basic printer paper with a No. 2 pencil and Pilot G2 pen.

trHW1nL.jpg

Based on artwork by Seo Kouji. (Suzuka Volume 8)

qmzCIoQ.jpg

Based on artwork by Seo Kouji. (Kimi No Iru Machi Chapter 154)

ZVeIY6p.jpg

Based on artwork by Seo Kouji. (Kimi No Iru Machi Chapter 46)

AKhEqDO.jpg

Based on artwork by Masashi Kishimoto. (Naruto Chapters 265 & 286)

1979275_10152283730990270_536183626_o.jpg

Based on artwork from Disney's Frozen.

SLwI06L.jpg

Original artwork by me.

Last edited:
Personally I prefer the pictures earlier on the thread, they seem cleaner with better outlines.

Personally I prefer the pictures earlier on the thread, they seem cleaner with better outlines.
Recently I've been using pencil only. The inking process with the Pilot pen does create a sharper image, but that's not the look I've been going for as of late. (Plus it takes twice as long.) The down side of using just pencil is that it is less scanner friendly. With the pencil sketches I have to adjust some brightness settings on the scanner, which could be the cause of some reduced sharpness.

Are you saying crayons are insufficient?
Well, I'd rather not use crayons for a few reasons:
1. The color quality isn't really optimal.
2. They are rather permanent as they don't erase.
3. My color choice would be rather limited.

I guess I could print a copy of my scan and try it out, but I don't think it'll be any good.
Edit: I found some colored pencils so I'll use those instead.

Last edited: