• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Dead Marshes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xmine01

Yellow Flower Puncher
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
~:~|~:~ Dead Marshes ~:~|~:~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Project Leader: @Xmine01
Co-Leader: @FoolhardyFish
Project Staff: @barteldvn

2021-07-15_15.40.49.png

OVERALL PROGRESS AND STATE

Approximate Overall Progress Percentage: 5%
Current Progress State: Planning

INTRODUCTION

After a long period of procrastination I can finally announce the Dead Marshes project Whilst its surroundings are still very WIP we will be focusing on the marshes themselves, otherwise the project will never properly start. This project will provide many jobs or plots so we can get this done quickly and to the standards of our current builds on MCME!

We will start of with the general layout/shaping of the marshes with wool using WE, after the section is done we'll have commoners in jobs or plots go around make more detailed shapes to make it look more realistic so it later can be replaced and vegetated with WE.

BACKGROUND LORE

Source - The Atlas of Middle Earth

Gollum led the Hobbits into the nearby gully, and they crept along the stream inside.
The gully went south and east toward the Dead Marshes, and after walking the rest of that night and all of the next, they
reached the fens at dawn on March 1

The northern lands were swept by bitter eastern winds
carrying fumes from the slag mounds and from the
increasingly active Mt. Doom

The climate became arid, and the landscape was slowly denuded of its growing things. As the lands became more barren, the little
rain that fell ran off the surface of the nearby highlands and fed more and more water into the bracken
swamps. The Dead Marshes grew until they had swallowed up the graves dug after the battle of the Last Alliance

CONCEPTS

Normal Veg

Normal veg.png

Small Mounds

Small mouds.png

Dry and Low veg

Dry and low veg.png

Shrubs with Vegetation

Shrubs with veg.png

INSPIRATION

unknown (2).png

unknown (6).png

1626360969075.png

1626360981621.png

1626361007257.png

LAYOUT

General flow of water
Frodo Path
Sections

1626362348727.png

STATUS

Section 1
Planning: 0%
Terrain: 0%

Section 2

Section 3

Section 4

Attachments

• 1626361292063.png
    1626361292063.png
    679.4 KB · Views: 175
Happy to officially call the Dead Marshes finished

After a couple months of stagnation, the remaining portion of the marshes has been finished. It has become quite a personal project for me over time and I have to say that being able to work on a location like this has definitely been a meaningful experience for me.

I'd like to give a special thanks to:
@FoolhardyFish for fixing up all the derps that were left
@draonic_slayer for helping out when WE gave up on me
@EffieFrog for running some wonderful jobs
@_superr for the mental support
and a big thank you to all the people who finished their plots

2022-02-18_18.17.02PS.png

Status
Not open for further replies.