• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted didi45's artist application

Status
Not open for further replies.

didi45

Moria Hall Professional
Commoner
Credits
XP
Updated Version!

Hi didi45 here agian iv'e just reached a new rank! and decided to redo this mess ;)
So here we go!
Right here i have for you all an album of my builds (nothing to do with the server itself just other good builds)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=SWFyeFdCaVkyR0tMXzAxNHg4aGFyWDhETXYtT0ZB

Thats just the start! Right here I give you my "Barrow Downs" plot from the last theme build!
enjoy the album ;)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Impressed yet? If not then let me talk, Currently I am building the Black Gate Of Mordor on the theme build and its looking good not done yet still got stuff to do.
I have done many jobs and helped in alot of them (was told I did a great job and it was great working with me :D)
Now what can I give to the team of middle earth? Simple I am a great team player, I follow orders I do what I need to do and I bring them in on time (pretty good with times) Not only that I am a natural born leader! If im incharge of a task consider it done! I dont give up fast and I try to do the hardest way and I dont give up unless it is impossible! I am open to help and learning, As a builder I belive you can never stop learning and I know i have more to learn and I'd be glad to learn from the builders here they are great people! As far as getting along I think I get along very well with everyone on the server and I dont get into fights!

- In short I love lord of the rings and the hobbit I always have and i enjoy buildings things from them, my favorite theme is "Dwarven" I am somewhat of a dwarf myself (not by hight...) but i enjoy elven also. Now besides middle earth builds, I LOVE Ships! I love making ships (pirate mainly...) I build medevil and nordic and I am a terraformer and I enjoy building the terrain!

- Why do I want to work here? simple: This Is My Home! I love it here and its amazing and i want to be part of this huge project! I was born a middle earth lover! "There and back agian..." I even went to NZ and when I was there I went to hobbiton and alot of the set it was an amazing expirence!!

thanks for reading!
-didi45

Last edited:
Okay hello didi45 again,
Well looks like you made good progress in the last three-ish days of working on this themebuild. I like you were able to adapt fairly quickly to the basic styles of this server. However, as you know I was really pusking you to add variant to the gorund/terra of the barrow mound. It's important to do this as it adds a more realistc factor, Also the moudn was an interesting shape, not one I would have chosen, not round enough in the base, trees were okay, but would have added hanging vines or scattered leaves on the ground, also you stuff like the chead inv to get details like skulls and such, this adds interesting visuals, also I thought your entrance could be more interesting.
Now saying all that you ahve a lot of potential, however promoting somebody so soon is not usually done, so remember becoming commmoner first will help you in Finrod accepting your application. Also particpating in a job is essential as it is in the main world and shows us how good you are at following specific instructions. Sounds easy but this is essential as Artist (even though free to build anywhere or whatever in the mainworld) should always ask permission, are almost always doing buidling for a project leader. Also one themebuild is okay but usually more is better in thsi case. This next one is big adn will shows us lots of skill. Also because its the Summer Events this week there willbe many jobs so check the forums and make sure your there. If you can't make it to any, I'm sure I can hook you up with one when I'm free. Sorry I've been really busy lately on competiton, planning and jobs on four seperate prjects. So good progress mate and keep it up. PS: Also look at example application for the correct layout, just helps us. And albums are much nicer then clicking each individual image on imgur ;).

Updated Version!

Hi didi45 here agian iv'e just reached a new rank! and decided to redo this mess ;)
So here we go!
Right here i have for you all an album of my builds (nothing to do with the server itself just other good builds)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=SWFyeFdCaVkyR0tMXzAxNHg4aGFyWDhETXYtT0ZB

Thats just the start! Right here I give you my "Barrow Downs" plot from the last theme build!
enjoy the album ;)

Impressed yet? If not then let me talk, Currently I am building the Black Gate Of Mordor on the theme build and its looking good not done yet still got stuff to do.
I have done many jobs and helped in alot of them (was told I did a great job and it was great working with me :D)
Now what can I give to the team of middle earth? Simple I am a great team player, I follow orders I do what I need to do and I bring them in on time (pretty good with times) Not only that I am a natural born leader! If im incharge of a task consider it done! I dont give up fast and I try to do the hardest way and I dont give up unless it is impossible! I am open to help and learning, As a builder I belive you can never stop learning and I know i have more to learn and I'd be glad to learn from the builders here they are great people! As far as getting along I think I get along very well with everyone on the server and I dont get into fights!

- In short I love lord of the rings and the hobbit I always have and i enjoy buildings things from them, my favorite theme is "Dwarven" I am somewhat of a dwarf myself (not by hight...) but i enjoy elven also. Now besides middle earth builds, I LOVE Ships! I love making ships (pirate mainly...) I build medevil and nordic and I am a terraformer and I enjoy building the terrain!

- Why do I want to work here? simple: This Is My Home! I love it here and its amazing and i want to be part of this huge project! I was born a middle earth lover! "There and back agian..." I even went to NZ and when I was there I went to hobbiton and alot of the set it was an amazing expirence!!

thanks for reading!
-didi45
This is the updated one i just made if you didnt notice....

I like your builds they are pretty good, only note that i would say you could work on is your ruins, make sure you pay attention to detials, cause this is were you can add a lot of mixtures of blocks and depth into your builds that can make it standout that little bit more. Also i would personnally like to see you ability is dwarven style, if @Fireinferno13 has some small hall for you to try and build to show your potential
(by the way i have no say in anything this is just my opinion and what you could do, i just know my ruining and been here for wayy to long for my own good)
Goodluck

The build day seems like a good place to show of your build skills if there isnt a small hall to work on

I think I'll be working on my black gate and I'll show it to you all when I'm done

Updated Version!

So here we go!

enjoy the album ;)

thanks for reading!
-didi45

Hey everyone!! its been some time building and I have FINISHED my black gate of mordor!
here are some nice pics of my plot! (i am using the rohan rp, as recommended by smaugjuice)
enjoy!

hope that gives you just a image of what i can do please tell me what you think and if and how i can make it better!! thanks!!

Hey everyone!! its been some time building and I have FINISHED my black gate of mordor!
here are some nice pics of my plot! (i am using the rohan rp, as recommended by smaugjuice)
enjoy!

hope that gives you just a image of what i can do please tell me what you think and if and how i can make it better!! thanks!!

Hey didi,
here are some tips that I would give:

- Your detail is quite repetetive, I suggest trying to go for a less artistic design and a more logical design. Look at walls like in minas tirith and other cities
- http://i.imgur.com/0Eudm4A.png these two towers on the wall lack detail, They just have the fancy top and that's it.
- Except from the gate and the 2 towers I don't see much else, if you see big builds like this on the mcme world you'll see small little things added to them. Add stuff like crates, Tents, campfires, crains...
- You made the gate movie accurate shape wise I see, nothing really wrong with that, I have to notice that you flipped the gate though (I see you made the ground have a fire like texture on one side, that side is acctually the side facing Gondor) A small detail, but I'm just pointing it out.

Hey Bart I didn't think it was important, at the start my plan was to change all the terrain but I didn't have time, as for crates and stuff I had no clue what I can are to the Black gate we have no info about intiror and extra stuff also as for wall details I was looking at the gate from the movie as you said and I tried to copy it exactly block by block I looked at blueprints and measurements and I moved it into mc the gate in the movie is very detailed while the towers are exactly how I made them I would think I did it perfect for the movie gate put we all have different opinions

Hey didi, thank you for your application!

That's a lot of screenshots :D I really like your motivation. Your barrow downs look very good to me, but I don't like your Black Gate too much. Most issues were already mentioned by @barteldvn. I know it's hard to make a completely black building, I too made a Tower of the Teeth in a Themed-build once (almost 3 years ago, but seems such a long time now :D) I think it's better to use not only black blocks. With a dark grey seconday material you can detail structures much better. It's a bit of a basic MCME principle to use at least two main building materials which are not too similar in colour and pattern.

Participating in jobs and plotbuilds is also very helpful for a successful Artist application, just ask Designers and Formen if they have something to do for you ;)

thanks eriol! ya i try to perticapate as much as i can i have made a few builds in DA (around 7) for patrick and BWOT and ive helped Thijis and tomas aswell and i try to do as much as possible.
I hope you enjoy what i did so far.
as far as the issue you have with the black gate tower, i get it but i tried to make a copy of the one from the movie and its like 97% black but yeah i assume i couldve added more color but thats why we learn from our mistakes for the next time :D

Last edited:
enjoy!

Hey everyone agian!!! yup its time for another post i present to you rhosgobel (movie version) by me from the Theme Build!! Enjoy!! please dont forget to leave a comment of thoughts and what i can do better next time!

Hope this shows you another picture of my skills to add to consideration ;)

Hey didi,

Thanks a lot for the great application! Was a nice read, and I am sure you are as motivated as you wrote, given how often you approached me about it :) Please forgive me for the excrutiatingly long time it took me to review your app at last...

I checked out your latest build ingame and here's what I can say about it...

Rhosgobel
  • The windows you used are not actually part of the current Rohan RP, make sure you only use one pack at once and don't stack them. If you need a texture in an RP within which it is not yet you can message me and I'll consider adding it ;)
  • I like the idea of using the stony stairs and slabs as some sort of foundation around the houses' base
  • Rhosgobel is a really mean build, especially if one wants to make it movie inspired. The main characteristic of that one is it's crookedness, but ofc that is incredibly hard to realise in minecraft... Thus I'd say the shape you gave to your build is just fine, does look very sweet and well proportioned.
  • Imo the top part is missing a few windows.
  • The hay blocks you used in the walls of the top level look a bit out of place to me... There's a lot of wood variations in the Rohan RP that you can use if you need to vary some things
  • Take care with the use of logs, mostly you used them very nicely but there's some places where they look off, i.e the filler blocks under the roof overhangs on the top level or the seemingly circular log in in the ceiling of the main room. Logs in structures should always be at least a couple blocks long beams and always straight and not curvy. Or have you seen a circular tree before? :)
  • The tree that has merged with the house looks really nice, just one flaw that bugs me: There are some roots around the house that lead to beams that clearly are not part of the tree. Those look rather strange to me.
  • I applaud your effort of building trees! Still I need to say that the trees should be higher than the house with wide canopies to really give the place this murky atmosphere. But ofc that'd be a pain to do by hand...
  • Nice job with the chaotic interior! It might be even a little more cramped... The few things I'd change are the table with the plate as top part (nice idea, but I would not vote for it), and the bed on the lower floor. For the latter I'd try to find a nice niche, even if it's just behind a pile of crates, but so openly in the middle of the room feels odd to me, but that may be just my taste of a cozy place to sleep ;)
Black Gate
  • Just one thing: Please explain me how someone gets onto this wall. and how the gate is opened. You invested a lot of time into making it big and impressive, but what makes a build just as impressive is when the design is well thought-through and credible. Fantasy only works if 95% of everything is obeying known physical laws and logic and only a small part is supernatural/technically impossible. So do think about these things when making up a plan for your builds!

Thanks for submitting so many pictures! Had to smile at the Hunger games arena as that was something I started myself once aswell (Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet)... The one thing you need to work on the most in my opinion is feasability, or in other words: Do ask yourself "does what I just built make sense?". Also referring to a stone tower in your pictures that has logs as support element. Logs cannot support stone, just won't work (or at least not for very long). Of course we are building a fantasy world, but still most of it should be following the same rules as real builds are, else the world loses its credibility.
You've got a very good eye for colors and materials, and shapes. Man that ship is epic :O.

Alright, at this point I would say, yeah you are ready for the Artist rank! The thing with the logic is a matter of experience I think which will come over time if you follow the feedback you'll get on your builds or just reflect on what you're doing.

Thus..

Congratulations, You will become an Artist! - As soon as I can promote people again.

If you have not done yet, please check out the Artist manual: Artist Manual

Thanks for the effort and all the best for your time as an MCME-Artist!
~ Finrod

Status
Not open for further replies.