• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Do YOU want to be a permanent part of MCME’s history?

mapthor

Events Manager
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hey everyone, mapthor here with an offer of a lifetime for the MCME Community!

This New Year's Eve, I will be releasing another "MCME Year in Review" video on the main channel, but I need some help. Specifically, I need to your help. Since this video is made for the Community, I want to give everyone a chance to take part in it.

So how is this going to work? Well, I want every single person reading this thread to reply with a handful of their favorite MCME memories from the past 10 years. There are a few requirements to this though:
  • Memory must have a caption, a date (Month/Day/Year please), and an image to go along with it
  • Must be appropriate
  • Maximum of 5 memories per player
2020-11-08_14.54.57.png
The Video Team goes to Disney Land
11/9/20
Once they are submitted in the replies below, I'll take these memories and insert them into the credits sequence of the video. I will try my best to make sure everyone who replies gets at least one of their submissions in, but no promises. I can only fit so much into a 6 minute segment.

There is no set deadline to submit memories, but the early bird gets the worm as they say. The first replies will 100% get in, but I can't guarantee I'll pick your memory if you're on page 6 in the replies. TL;DR: Get posting.

I hope we can get a good amount of replies for this video. Like, who doesn't want to be featured on the main MCME YouTube channel?

If you have any questions, feel free to message me on discord at PaperOdin#9679.

Thanks,
mapthor

Last edited:
Classic PVP (Feel free to crop)
Beta 1.8
Might be a battle at Fornost.
10-15-2011
1604986694932.png

Construction of Osgiliath
05-29-2014
2014-05-29 19_49_08-.png

This last one doesn't have 5 people but it still holds a special place. At one point, it was very common for us to leave signs about who did the work on particular projects.

River Diggers
01-09-2012
1604986856133.png

I have many memories on the server but not screenshots of them all. But here are a few:
2017-09-03_19.10.15.png

Smaug, moments before disaster
DA, 03/09/2017

2017-12-22_20.33.01.png

Christmas at Minas Tirith
22/12/2017
*I have a picture of this one with the chat hidden, let me know if I should post it too?

2017-07-25_17.01.21.png

Anduin boat race in the MCME Summer events 2017
25/07/2017

Possibly more to follow ;)

Last edited:
I sadly lost most of my screenshots but I have a few that were on my Imgur account.
42YKk.jpg

The First Great Lore Tour: Day 1 - 03/01/2013

hlQ08.jpg

The First Great Lore Tour: Day 2 - 04/01/2013
KS0bk.jpg
The First Great Lore Tour: Day 3 - 05/01/2013

6BLNwqX.png
MCME's Contribution to the second Shaboozey build day - 15/04/2012

aNXLHTZ.png
MCME's Contribution (WIP) to the third Shaboozey build day - 28/06/2014

Hey everyone, mapthor here with an offer of a lifetime for the MCME Community!

This New Year's Eve, I will be releasing another "MCME Year in Review" video on the main channel, but I need some help. Specifically, I need to your help. Since this video is made for the Community, I want to give everyone a chance to take part in it.

So how is this going to work? Well, I want every single person reading this thread to reply with a handful of their favorite MCME memories from the past 10 years. There are a few requirements to this though:
  • Memory must have a caption, a date (Month/Day/Year please), and an image to go along with it
  • Must be appropriate
  • Maximum of 5 memories per player
View attachment 20219The Video Team goes to Disney Land
11/9/20
Once they are submitted in the replies below, I'll take these memories and insert them into the credits sequence of the video. I will try my best to make sure everyone who replies gets at least one of their submissions in, but no promises. I can only fit so much into a 6 minute segment.

There is no set deadline to submit memories, but the early bird gets the worm as they say. The first replies will 100% get in, but I can't guarantee I'll pick your memory if you're on page 6 in the replies. TL;DR: Get posting.

I hope we can get a good amount of replies for this video. Like, who doesn't want to be featured on the main MCME YouTube channel?

If you have any questions, feel free to message me on discord at PaperOdin#9679.

Thanks,
mapthor
ae

From the Grey Company's trip to Old Moria during the Survival server at 3AM on 13.10.2020. Screenshots are courtesy of Nero_The_Hobbit!

In this first screenshot, we discovered the old base location of Moria Gang, our arch-enemies.

unknown.png

And then at the end of the trip, at the East Gate. We were so knackered out, we killed ourselves to get out of Moria. It was tragic.

3vy6rkp.png

CbPUMqT8YoAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

Last edited: