• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Dol Amroth

Demonataz

Builds trees by hand
Credits
XP
Dol Amroth

Leader:
demonataz
Project Staff: Emil​

Background Lore:

Dol Amroth is a princedom which formed part of the kingdom of Gondor. It is ruled by the Prince of Dol Amroth; the banner of the Silver Swan flew along with that of the White Tree throughout the Third Age.
Sea-walls protected Dol Amroth from the waves in the windy bay, and in the North of the city the tall Seaward Tower Tirith Aear was built which had a bell that was rung for the benefit of mariners and the castle of the Princes of Dol Amroth was built upon the headland.

Maps

Planning Map:
VGScEsl.jpg

City Plan Map:
Dolamrothplan_zpsad5ab249.png

Red: Walls
Orange: Normal Housing
Yellow: palace area
Grey: Military zone
Pink: Poorer housing
Purple: 3 main dock piers
Black: Tower of Tirith Aear

Design Concepts:
images
Vbvbv.jpg
mapa_dol_amroth.jpg

To do list
Stage 1:

Mapping: Done
Concept: In Progress

Stage 2:

Terrain: Done

Stage 3:
Plan city in full: In Progress

I will add more as things get done.

Last edited:

Dol Amroth shipwrights club
/Warp dol boat

Time to help build the fleet of Dol Amroth. So come one and come all and lend your shipbuilding know how.
One lot per person (for now)
Use the example as guidance if you want to, or use you imagination to explore the different possibilities!
This is open to everyone, so have fun.

Ends: 19 October (may run longer if more are needed)​

Should all the boats be big ones like the example, or can we experiment with little one/two-man fishing vessels and the like? Also, are the sides of the boat supposed to be white stained clay or did I miss a texture pack update?

How many boats are you thinking you'll need?

Not sure on exact number, may come down to how many I think are up to standard.

Should all the boats be big ones like the example, or can we experiment with little one/two-man fishing vessels and the like? Also, are the sides of the boat supposed to be white stained clay or did I miss a texture pack update?

Some small boats would be nice. The white clay was used as it is a plain colour, havnt missed an update.

Are the lower part of the boats supposed to be under water? What about blocks like slaps and stairs at the lower part of the boats?

Are the lower part of the boats supposed to be under water? What about blocks like slaps and stairs at the lower part of the boats?
Yeah, the bottom parts will be underwater. Slabs and stairs are discouraged on the lower parts because it makes derpy water.

I noticed something while working on my boat: if the ships are docked, the sails would be furled, not out:p It may not look as good, but for the sake of realism, it's necessary.

Yeah, the bottom parts will be underwater. Slabs and stairs are discouraged on the lower parts because it makes derpy water.

I noticed something while working on my boat: if the ships are docked, the sails would be furled, not out:p It may not look as good, but for the sake of realism, it's necessary.
Maybe some will be docked and some will be out on the bay?

Maybe some will be docked and some will be out on the bay?
Even if they were in the bay though, they would probably have either partially furled sails or be under oars (if they have oars) so the boat would be more controllable. You wouldn't want a sudden gust of wind to blow you onto the land:p

I guess if they were far enough out, it might be ok, but we'll still need some boats with the sails furled.