• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Durin_IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durin_IV

Expert Stream Digger
Credits
XP
Hello i would very much like to be promoted to Artist! Ok, to start off i joined the server 20 december or something like that and I'm a huge Lotr/The Hobbit fan so i found this server and it is amazing and i really want to be a part of it. So i often ask if any1 has a job for me but then a designer came to me and looked at my plot and he said that i should apply for artist and that i won't need adventurerjobs if i become artist. Now I have worked even more on the farms, Walls, rivers and paths of Lamedon. Before that i only made some themebuilds but i will participate in as much Jobs as i can!
Here is the job i participated in!

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Here are some screenshots of a dwarven kingdom, and I've built it myself!

View attachment 4987View attachment 4988

Here is the mordor siege tower tb, i improoved it and made some trees grass and trolls!

and here is the carn dum tb:

I also made a ruined house for Fornost FireInferno and Demonataz Checked it and placed it in Fornost!

I like building dwarven, gondorian, rohirric, arnorian and outside the lotr themes i like to build terrain and mounts etc.
and idk how to change the thread title but my new minecraft name is Durin_IV

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Your dwarven kingdom build shows good room layout and nice shapes. I like your pillars and arches. The main points to improve are details and materials.
You are using mainly two kids of stone bricks and only a very few decorative blocks Try to mix in some similar looking blocks (cracked bricks, other color, ...). You ccould try to make some kind pattern at the floor or you could add random blocks at the natural stone walls. You will find a lot of examples for this material randomization at MCME.
You already places some interior stuff like chests and furnaces, but your halls still look very empty. I think you could add some more stuff. Also your arches and pillars could still be improved with some decorative details.

Also please participate in a few themed builds to show more of your skills (not only dwarven ;) ) and improve the points I mentioned above.
Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<. When you finished such a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.
If you find it hard to get a job you could tell me >>here<< when your will be able to be online. I will probably make jobs when a few player sign in for a given time.

Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Your dwarven kingdom build shows good room layout and nice shapes. I like your pillars and arches. The main points to improve are details and materials.
You are using mainly two kids of stone bricks and only a very few decorative blocks Try to mix in some similar looking blocks (cracked bricks, other color, ...). You ccould try to make some kind pattern at the floor or you could add random blocks at the natural stone walls. You will find a lot of examples for this material randomization at MCME.
You already places some interior stuff like chests and furnaces, but your halls still look very empty. I think you could add some more stuff. Also your arches and pillars could still be improved with some decorative details.

Also please participate in a few themed builds to show more of your skills (not only dwarven ;) ) and improve the points I mentioned above.
Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<. When you finished such a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.
If you find it hard to get a job you could tell me >>here<< when your will be able to be online. I will probably make jobs when a few player sign in for a given time.
Yeah, that is an online server where there is no endportal dungeon so u cant use cracked bricks and the lighter material is netherbrick and i dont know if there is a matching material really to that because i want it too look good for orters on that server aswell not only for me with my texture packs, but i will try to finish the whole hall before putting interior in it and i also have to make an armory, a mine, throneroom and a treasury. ;)
But thanks for your tips and ill try to do some Jobs more!
@Eriol_Eandur

Also i am doing the threeweek long carn düm build and if we go back to the dwarven halls its not suposed to be stonewalls there, its not finisher yet, i will have an armory inside two of those archways and something Else within the other!

Last edited:
Hey Al,
please edit your first application when you want to add more screenshots and reply to your own application just with one word: "update".
It will bring your application on top of the applications list.

Please ask an Enforcer to delete this thread.

Thank you for your application!
I just checked out your work in progress on Carn Dûm and it looks very promising, especially your terrain work! I'm very curious to see this build finished!
Are you using the dwarven pack from MCME for your Dwarven Kingdom? If so: Try to find out how to use the stained glass panes, they all have a multitude of fancy uses, you can make diagonal pillars, wall ornaments and much more. Would be awesome if you could master these tricky blocks, we will need them very often when it comes to Moria!

Ty Finrod i think i would really like to use the glasspanes but as i metioned earlier i dont want to make it ugly for other players but i can try using it on a singleplayer server and send u some screenshots!
And @Eriol_Eandur u mentioned that u can give points to the participating in the job and i wonder if u can rate my work?

Watchlist is when someone just needs a small bit until he gets promoted. Maybe he's very active but his builds arent yet good enough, or he's a very good builder but not yet very active in jobs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.