• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Dwarven Textures Requests

Despot666

Hardcore MCME-er
Commoner
Credits
XP
This thread i ONLY for request and submissions. Discussion about RP will be held inside dedicated thread after RP is relased.

Current needs:
1. quartz group texture (1 for block, 2 pillars, 2 pillars tops) - need some new fancy stone/bricks/other texture for quartz group
2. Bookshelf texture - either stone bookshelf or some interesting suggestions as old furniture. If nothing will be suggested this block will be kept for the future.
3. Pumpkin/Melon textures - possibly some food/goblin/orc related stuff
4. Chest/Trapped chest - dwarven chest textures
5. Crafting table - piece of dwarven furniture/stone mason workbench (possibly 3d)
6. Furnace - piece of dwarven furniture/carpenter workbench (possibly 3d)
7. Note block - piece of dwarven furniture/ jeweler workbench (possibly 3d)
8. Bed - Stone dwarven bed, no materials
9. Wood doors - dwarven stone/steel doors (few variants)
10. Wooden trapdoor - dwarven style wooden trapdoor
11. Daylightsensor - dwarven seat (no transparent elements)
12. Red Sand/Sand - need suggestions
13. Light/Heavy Pressure plates - need suggestions
14. Cobweb - as cobweb :>

i didn't see this thread when putting my suggestion in the moria announcement thread. but possible use the quartz blocks for engraved dwarven script blocks undamaged and damaged ones?

Runes are already in pack and not as quartz. Damaged blocks can be added to any existing block without using additional ones.

Can I request (which also means ask if it is already there) something textured as iron? like cauldrons or hoppers, except normal blocks (maybe even slabs and stairs?)
perhaps the quartz, since we can still have the pillar and chiseled or something versions to do fancy stone things

We have iron ore, iron pile and rusty metal block. I am not happy with last one so it can be changed to iron block. But firstly i need someone to make it.

It would be nice to get a hand on the ressourepack. At least for the persons working on textures, else is really hard to make fitting textures.
Apart from that, I threw a bed texture together:
Rz7Iswj.png

RP will be out sunday.

@Despot666 Could you send me a list of what weapons/tools you want?

Will make it public:
-i need replacement texture for every weapon/armour
-texture needs to reflect quality/power of the armour/weapon

Ideas for armours:
-cloth (lether)
-goblin/orc light (chain)
-dwarven light (iron)
-goblin/orc heavy (gold)
-dwarven heavy/mithril (diamond)

Weapons:
goblin club (wooden sword)
dwarven sword/lance (stone sword)
goblin/orc sword (iron sword)
heavy axe (gold sword)
heavy hammer (diamond sword)

Do you already have banners for the different Dwarven folks? Like banners for Erebor, the Iron Hills, Moria and the Blue Mountains?

with the quartz stair block. when placed there are no sides (i think this block is a great idea but atm it's a bit buggy)

an idea for the red sand blocks perhaps 3d rubble blocks or skeletons etc for the dead dwarves we have skulls but other bones would add nice details. or use the remaining carpets for 2d bones and stuff, little details that could really bring builds together. (no idea how to create these though sorry :/) (maybe pile of armour/ forgotten tools, upturned minecarts or maybe use the blocks as parts of a large statue.

quartz stair cant be fixed becasue of mojang restrictions for transparent textures.

Please do not discuss about 1.8 blocks yet, while we still lack all from 1.7.

I still wait for actual submissions.