• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Dwarven Textures Requests

Still missing those textures...
I tried my hand at the stone bookshelf. (I've never really done this before, but I think it turned out okay.) I'm not sure if this what you had in mind or not, but here's what I've got:
Rf657ZN.png

Unfortunately bookshelves use wood plank textures for top/bottom of the block. I wasn't sure what you had planned for the wood plank blocks so I didn't change them.

Edit: Image updated with Finrod's request.

Last edited:
I tried my hand at the stone bookshelf. (I've never really done this before, but I think it turned out okay.) I'm not sure if this what you had in mind or not, but here's what I've got:

Unfortunately bookshelves use wood plank textures for top/bottom of the block. I wasn't sure what you had planned for the wood plank blocks so I didn't change them.

I really like that! also the idea with the papyrus rolls (i assume the white squares are), however in the middle I would rather not have a book ontop of a roll.

Yey, its very good. Don't worry about top and bottom.

Just one more requirement: can u prepare few diffrent variants of this texture? For example with diffrent papyrus placement and maybe few with empty section (right/left/middle/2 of these/all empty). I know there is many possible combinations but 6 should be enough. That way we will get some diversity, same way as it's done now with runes.

for variants you could also try some books leaning against each other (like /| ) or stacked on their sides.

Also can i ask what the clay texture is supposed to be?

Just one more requirement: can u prepare few diffrent variants of this texture? For example with diffrent papyrus placement and maybe few with empty section (right/left/middle/2 of these/all empty). I know there is many possible combinations but 6 should be enough. That way we will get some diversity, same way as it's done now with runes.
Yeah, I can do that. Should be fairly quick and easy. I'll probably just make a whole bunch of them, zip them together, and post a download link. Then you can choose which/how many you want to use.

Wooden chest would have to be goblin chests, since dwarven chests would rot over the years. What do you mean with coloured chests?
Like another stone-type?

P.S. What about using the quartz block set for oak wood log textures like in Rohan rp, since I dont
feel like we need more stone textures? If you disagree, got any ideas for a texture?

Last edited:
Please continue posting screenshots and links. When more textures appear i will make a pack updateand check how it all looks like.

Also, good job. :p

Okay can i get a pack/link for all those new textures? I want to start smelting a next relase pack somewhere this week.

@MattTheLegoman , @Ma5terMinD , @DarthRagnar and whoever else contributed anything or thinks he can still do something interesting :)

Please post the links in the comments in this thread.

Thanks!

My bookshelf textures can be downloaded here.
My daylight sensor textures can be downloaded here.