• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

eliminating UTC confusion

Pausi

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
there is a website called Hammertime were you insert a time in your time zone and it gives you a sting of number to place in discord, once you've done that it'll show that time to everyone but in their time zone.

So for me Touring Tuesdays are at 8 pm, and that is 6pm UTC, and its always confusing becouse i dont know if it changes in the winter time if its not that hour i have to look up it up, etc.... I think this will eliminate all of that confussion in just one go. Now i understand the Posters will still need to be in utc but for the anouncments i think it will help alot; specially for events.

Here is the decription of the webpage:
Pick a date, copy the desired timestamp from the Chat syntax column, then paste it anywhere in a chat message. The result will be a dynamic timestamp that displays differently for everyone based on their own timezone.

Last edited:
Nice!

But is it too hard to memorize one single number to calculate from UTC to your time? I just know that my time it UTC+2 in summer and UTC+1 in winter. Done.

Interesting find, did not know there were shorthand codes for Discord