• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Extended server downtime

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Supporter
Credits
XP
During the next few weeks the server can be unresponsive or appear offline at times while I'm working on backing up all the data.

During these next few days I will start the upgrade of the current server used for the Build server. The website will continue to work, but downtime can not be avoided during the migration from the old server to the new one.

Even though the ip will most likely change to connect to the build server, you should not take any extra steps as the domain build.mcmiddleearth.com will eventually bring you to this new server.

I will keep you posted of the evolutions :)

The new server is being assembled. Currently we are using a:

- Intel Xeon E3-1270 v3
- 32 GB of DDR3 ECC memory
- 2x 240Gb SSD SATA III drives

In order to fulfill storage demands and avoid hardware breakage (4 years old) the server is being upgraded to a more recent model:

- Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3
- 256 Gb of DDR4 ECC memory
- 2x 4 TB of harddrive storage used for backups, file storage, dynmap, downloads, less used worlds, ...
- 2x 480GB SSD SATA III for best speed and performance for the most used worlds and servers.

The new server is being assembled. Currently we are using a:

- Intel Xeon E3-1270 v3
- 32 GB of DDR3 ECC memory
- 2x 240Gb SSD SATA III drives

In order to fulfill storage demands and avoid hardware breakage (4 years old) the server is being upgraded to a more recent model:

- Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3
- 256 Gb of DDR4 ECC memory
- 2x 4 TB of harddrive storage used for backups, file storage, dynmap, downloads, less used worlds, ...
- 2x 480GB SSD SATA III for best speed and performance for the most used worlds and servers.
W8 a minute, was the server room really on fire...?
2017-08-30_14h07_31.png

Will flying mods now be allowed for non-staff too? If I'm not mistaking the reason it was not allowed, was to reduce server lag, but I think it can handle that now.

Server has moved, the ip build.mcmiddleearth.com should update itself soon too. This can take a while depending on your internet provider.
I know this doesn't apply to me, but is /vanish fixed

Important notice to all builders
It seems that there is a major problem with saving of the map.

A lot of chunks where I did terraforming were reset to their previous state. This already happend at least two times during the last few days.
Also some Artists reported that their work on houses in Dol Amroth was undone.

We will try to investigate and solve this. Until then please observe your builds during the next days. Also it would be a good idea to ask Designers to make safety copys of currently finished builds.

Important notice to all builders
It seems that there is a major problem with saving of the map.

A lot of chunks where I did terraforming were reset to their previous state. This already happend at least two times during the last few days.
Also some Artists reported that their work on houses in Dol Amroth was undone.

We will try to investigate and solve this. Until then please observe your builds during the next days. Also it would be a good idea to ask Designers to make safety copys of currently finished builds.
Maybe this should have been posted as a separate thread so that it really drew attention to itself?