• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Feedback Thread: The Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance the search can be moved down to the lower bar? It would give the entire top of the page a single clean look.

You should also be able to set the color of the "Search..." placeholder text to something darker to make it stand out more.

Yeah I was thinking that, and I actually tried it, but I found that the search bar didn't stand out that way, while its a very useful tool really. Metrics also show that people used Google way more often to search something on our site, instead of using the forum's search. This lead me to believe that most people don't know there is such a search bar on the site.

c43j5.jpg

Intentional to have the I and L look so similar or?

Maybe I just made a typo and those are two i's? :p
Typography isn't yet fully to my taste, so it will change.

The "Help" section could use a "Are You Whitelisted But Cannot Connect" Thread like the old one, just to avoid an overflow of posts

There now is a thread that I will update for frequently encountered problems, and there is a thread for the whitelist problems too.

Those are nice, thanks for the suggestion. I'm going with an approach I learned from someone who does typography, and he recommends three different typefaces

I'd be interested to learn what typefaces he recommended you! I am a bit of a typeface nerd, always adding new and interesting fonts to my collection and exploring new and compelling combinations.

Also, the 'return to top' button that sticks to the bottom right hides behind the reply buttons:

mnBSdUg.jpg

Not sure how much fine-grained control you have over CSS, but simply adding a z-index of 1 to #uix_jumpToTopFixed works. If you don't have control, it's probably a bug needing to be submitted to the creators of this Xenforo Design

Also, the 'return to top' button that sticks to the bottom right hides behind the reply buttons:

mnBSdUg.jpg

Not sure how much fine-grained control you have over CSS, but simply adding a z-index of 1 to #uix_jumpToTopFixed works. If you don't have control, it's probably a bug needing to be submitted to the creators of this Xenforo Design

Nice find, I fixed it and reported the issue to the creator :)

Thats caused by the responsive design approach. You can't really do much else than to remove it in lower resolution screens.

Thats caused by the responsive design approach. You can't
really do much else than to remove it in lower resolution screens.

Not true, q has already fixed the floating arrow. Just needed to add a z-index to the element to bring it above other elements.

Nice find, I fixed it and reported the issue to the creator :)
I know I'm being super nit-picky now, but the 'top' button falls behind another element when the viewport is very narrow:
TO1KApd.jpg

Just need to increase the z-index of #uix_jumpToTopFixed to be greater than 51 (the z-index of '.breadcrumb .crust .arrow span'). Since it's supposed to be on top of everything else... might as well give the jumptotop element a z-index of something absurd, like 10000, that should ensure it's above everything else no matter what.

Well, then you cant click on the reply button. I know you can put it on top of all the other elements, but would that be worth it? It blocks alot of the screen as well.

Well, then you cant click on the reply button. I know you can put it on top of all the other elements, but would that be worth it? It blocks alot of the screen as well.
The reply button is wider than the top button, even on a mobile device, one should be able to click on the button underneath.

- you should update the favicon (small pic on the browser tab)
- probs make the "Steward" rank subtitle color a bit darker, that bright green is a bit hard to see on white background.

Not that it really matters, but I kinda miss the old ranks: Hobbit, Journeyman, Adventurer, Saw one of the Lamps, etc.

I have been inactive for a while, haven't had time to be online on the server. I like the new layout on the forums, the old one was okey too but we should present some of our great builds and what we do on the server on the forums, so new people that visit the site get to know a little about this project and our community.

We're 6 days into April, but the monthly donation widget thingy still shows 335/300 for March. Do you have to update it manually or is there a bug with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.