• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Foremen Jobs List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
This thread can be used by Designers to publish jobs that can be executed by Foremen.

How to use:
  • A Designer makes a new post for every kind of job (jobs which require multiple sessions can be done in one post), following the format example below. The example includes minimal information, providing further information, such as maps, finished examples, or detailed step-by-step guide are very welcome. Consider that the more detailed you lay out your job, the higher the chance that it gets completed they way you want it! Any questions that rise during the job, that are not answered by the job description may be decided on by the executing Foreman.
  • Foremen can make a post if they executed a listed job, or continued a larger job. Whenever a Foreman completes a job he has to report that to the Designer, either through a post here, or directly ingame or via Discord.
  • Designers should delete posts of jobs which have been completed, so that only jobs that are still due reside in this plot.
Example of a job description [not an actual valid job!]:

----------------------------------------------

Vegetation in northern Belfalas

• RP: Gondor
  • Description: In the grassy area which is encircled by a white wool line the ground vegetation should be added, as seen on the opposite side of the stream.
  1. Add leaves [Oak leaves, Birch leaves, Jungle leaves].
    - Cover the ground in a rather dense coat of leaves.
    - The leaves should be placed in patches, side roughly 5 to 10 blocks in diameter, flat to the ground. Each patch should consist of onle leaf type only to represent single bushes.
    - Jungle leaves should be used less often and only mixed into the oak leaves.
    - Not many larger gaps should remain between the patches, however only about 50% of all blocks should be covered with a leaves block overall.

2. Add grass and flowers [Orange tulip, white tulip, allium, double tall grass].
    - Fill in the mentioned flowers evenly onto the remaining uncovered grass blocks (not all blocks need to be covered)
----------------------------------------------------

Northern Belfalas terrain smoothing

Resource Pack: Gondor
Description: Smoothing terrain is very labourious even with voxel. Even with voxel at hand I place blocks by hand quite often. So I asked @Daddlio to run a plotbuild in northern Belfalas to help with the smoothing. It's not as easy as it might look but @Daddlio made a nice ingame guide and the first results are awesome.

Thus I expanded the working area for the plotbuild and created a second, public plotbuild. I would suggest to make a few public plots at quite flat terrain which is easier to make.

Here is a map of the working area: Northern Belfalas Terrain map
Also I made a guide about smooth terrain: Soil Covered Terrain Guide

EDIT: This plotbuild is on hold.

Last edited:
North-East Belfalas terrain smoothing

Resource Pack: Gondor
Description: I made another terrain smoothing area for @ooitsbirdo. I would suggest to make a few public plots at quite flat terrain which is easier to make.

Here is a map of the working area: Northern Belfalas Terrain map
Also I made a guide about smooth terrain: Soil Covered Terrain Guide

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.