• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Fornost Re-Ruin

Demonataz

Builds trees by hand
Credits
XP
Fornost Re-ruin

Fornost is one of the oldest (server wise) example of ruining, and with recent cities such as Osgiliath and Annuminas, it is in need of a face lift. This project will be a re ruin of the city, using the existing structures.

Project leader: Demonataz
Project Staff:

Background lore

At the time of the events of The Lord of the Rings (TA 30183019), Fornost had been abandoned for about a thousand years, and "even the ruins of Kings' Norbury were covered with grass."

At the end of the war, the northern Dúnedain, now led by Arvedui's son Aranarth, were too few in number to rebuild their nation or maintain cities. Fornost was not resettled, and gradually fell into ruin. The Dúnedain, who became a secretive and wandering people known in Eriador as Rangers, visited Fornost, but most other folk avoided the ruined city; the Men of Eriador called it "Deadmen's Dike" and many believed it to be haunted.

Short introduction to how your gonna tackle the project

Fornost will be separated in to smaller separate areas. The buildings in each section with be reruined fully before moving on to the next section. Roads will be ruined once all the sections within the levels have had all the buildings and structures ruined. The main aim is to give Fornost an ancient overgrown feel.

Plan
Untitled_zps4d7kdirz.png

Concept

2015-09-21_16.41.20_zpsn95zvo0q.png

To do list
  1. Section 1 Buildings -Incomplete
  2. Section 2 Buildings -Incomplete
  3. Section 6 Gardens (Special) -Incomplete
  4. Lower Area Roads -Incomplete
  5. Section 3 Buildings -Incomplete
  6. Section 4 Buildings -Incomplete
  7. Section 5 Buildings -Incomplete
  8. Upper area Roads -Incomplete
  9. Walls -Incomplete
  10. Small Ranger Camp -Incomplete

Joining this project.

Demon can we get this project either moved to the public section of the forums or can you make a duplicate post there? It would help to keep track of progress as well as encourage players to help.

I will be going about this in the following way:
  1. Running ruining jobs
  2. Enlisting the help of artists
  3. Copying sections into plotworld for Adventurers during their free time
I would also like to replace the trees with better ones, but this can be done later

Last edited:
Artists - Please ruin buildings and squares marked with red wool in your free time. Mark with blue wool when ready to be checked

Adventurers - You are welcome to ruin builds in plotbuild, however please only ruin ONE HOUSE AT A TIME. The plotbuild can be found at "./warp Fornost FB" on plotworld

Artists - I added more available houses to build on site

Adventurers - Unfortunately dont have time to set up more plotbuilds right now, check in again next friday and I will add a bunch more for sure!

Artists - I added more available houses to build on site

Adventurers - Unfortunately dont have time to set up more plotbuilds right now, check in again next friday and I will add a bunch more for sure!
Poor Fornost.....its destruction is being prolonged as long as possible......it's like drowning, only to have it take 2 hours.

We are back in business!

Adventurers - I copied a bunch of houses to plotworld, ruin one at a time at your own leisure

Artists - keep hackin at those houses marked with red

@Demonataz Hey, just finished my work on a ruined house, would be really nice if u could check it out! i marked it with green wool saying: ready to be checked. By Durin_IV.

cya!

Last edited:
@Demonataz Hey, just finished my work on a ruined house, would be really nice if u could check it out! i marked it with green wool saying: ready to be checked. By Durin_IV.

cya!

Sorry didn't get a notification of this message. Has now been checked with feedback given. Hopefully fixed the notification thing.

ARTISTS: Focus on the LEFT AND RIGHT portion of the first district. I have marked houses with glowstone that either have FRAGILE sections or need more GRASS on the ground floor. Please do this in your free time and mark when wool when you are done!

Last edited:
Wow artists! Great job getting all those touch-ups done! I have marked MORE houses that need some love in the MIDDLE district now (with glowstone)

Everyone else! I have started running jobs (probably in the evening EST time cus thats when I have the most time) to ruin the roads and such and this will hopefully continue on a somewhat regular basis. @Ryiw will hopefully be running jobs as well in the coming week!

UPDATE: Here is a new version of the Fornost project map!
What I need:
  • Artists - Please ruin the remaining few houses in District 4
    • Ruin the wall towers, I will mark with white wool (place blue when finished)
  • Staff - Please run wall ruining jobs when you have the time
  • Fornost Keep Team - (you know who you are) Start planning your ruin!
    • Other artists, if you are interested in joining this team, please shoot me a PM on the forums
ddwtDtT.png

STATUS AND KEY:

District 1 - Done
District 2 - Done
District 3 - Done
District 4 - Done

Barracks (Artists) - Done
Main Keep (Artists) - WIP
Sewers - Done

Wall Section 1 - Done
Gate 1 - Soon
Wall Section 2 - Done
Wall Section 3 - Done
Gate 2 - Done
Wall Section 4 - Done
Wall Section 5 - Done
Gate 3 - Done

Water 1 - WIP
Water 2 - Done
Water 3 - Done
Water 4 - Done

Surrounding Terrain (Demon) - WIP

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Previous post has been updated to include all recent progress, here are some notes:
  • Hopefully lots of wall/sewer jobs this week with @Ryiw and I so expect some progress and opportunities to help!
  • Keep is +50% completed at this point, though progress has accelerated recently
  • I have improved the terrain around the keep
  • Demon has largely completed the surrounding hills
My very optimistic goal is to finish this project in the next week and a half!

Last edited:
This feels like annuminas.
Yeah I realize this, however this should be somewhat expected given that both cities were exposed to similar environmental conditions and were abandoned for, give or take, similar periods.

That being said Annuminas would have more "time" damage due to its abandonment while Fornost would have more "war" damage due to the attack of the Witch King. In general, Annuminas should look somewhat more ruined however the two styles tend to coincide with one another.

PROGRESS UPDATE: sewers done, walls are about 70% done, keep is getting there

UPDATE: progress continues, somewhat slow but continues

All walls and sewers are officially done with the exception of the main gate

The keep has pretty much become @Wraith_Knight 's personal project as other artists have given up to the task at hand unfortunately. That being said, a lot of progress has been made as only a few structures still need to be ruined!

I will be back on this project at the end of the week, assuming I survive finals