• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Forum Discord Integration

NelmanBlack

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Two post in one day, how lucky

I also just had the thought of if there was any way to have a bot on Discord that posts the 'Whats New' Forum updates to a Discord channel. I am more than sure that it is already a thing but have no mind for that side of development.

I just feel it would get passive activity in the Forums pretty easily.

Thank.

Bots, that post i.e. Youtube-Feeds already exist:
Youtube Feed - YAGPDB
On a quick google search i wasn´t able to find a bot that can scrape forum data. So that would have to be custom made, iI might be able with an RSS-Feed Discord-Bot, but i have no idea, if the forum can do that.

A quick search gave me several sites/posts about linking XenForo and Discord. So there seems to be solutions but I have very little experience with that stuff.

We had that once but it was pretty spammy. I'll see if I can enable it somewhere as a test again.

In an effort to not make it spammy, would it be possible for it to appear in discord only when a new thread is started? Also, perhaps trying to tie it only to a few locations, like just CNA and maybe a couple others like suggestions or something.