• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted gadget271 #Round2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadget271

Another Moria Worker
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : gadget271
Date Joined : Don't remember exact date but approx. May 2013
What country are from / What time do you usually play online: England / normally from 4pm - 10pm (not always this long, generally a couple of hours a night during these times)
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes (especially if karaoke is involved, i can do a killer Smash Mouth - All Star)
What makes a great Guide according to you? So as i am sure people are aware, lore has never been my area of expertise. I think minimal lore knowledge is necessary to answer some of the most common questions or be willing to research some lore info for someone.

That being said i do think a guide is someone who is willing to go the extra mile to help people settle in on the server, this can be anything from answering basic questions to spending hours explaining to someone with poor English how they can help out on the server. For me the role of guide is much more about being a line of support and friendship for new players than being someone who knows everything there is to know about the lore.
New players should feel comfortable asking guides any questions they have. Some questions may appear dumb though it can really help the server grow if these questions are answered to the best of the guides ability. If people feel they are being ignored they will leave.
Minigames are new since I was previously guide so from what i have seen these are a great way to help engage players. I think a great guide is someone who can find their niche within the guide team whether that be touring, helping people, organising events or entertaining players by running minigames then i believe they are a great guide. A great guide does not need to be great in all of these areas, they just need to be outstanding at some of them.

- Gadge

I was a guide when gadget became a guide... never again, the man has done less tours then any guides i have ever seen. Terrrriiibbbllllleeee worst nandos lad after thomas

Hey gadget,
It's great you are back. Let's sort out a date for a trial tour to get you in touch with the current team :p

-Eriol for the Guide Team

Status
Not open for further replies.