• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Game Of Thrones TV Series (No Book spoilers plz)

6QhhzLe.png

The show seems no different so far

Apparently the best soldiers in Essos don't know what a shield wall is, and a fighter who was once on par with the Sword of the Morning can get taken down by a bunch of untrained spooky-mask-wearing nobles with daggers.

Also, the Sand Snakes are cringe central.

LITERALLY UNWATCHABLE
W- W- wait... What? I agree that the unsullied where portrayed pretty damn badly but they were also not at all equipped for a fight in that kind of location (2m spears in a 4m wide room is not easy to fight with) but yeah, they would've most definitely won.

But the part with Bariston... Have you ever been attacked by a group of kids? No matter how big you are they're going to fucking grip your leg or hang onto your neck. The same thing is what happend to Bariston. He kicked ass and killed like 7 of them but they were 8! 8!!! In an area as small as my own room. I don't know about you but no matter how good a fighter someone is I just cannot see someone win a fight with only a longsword against 8 suicidal thugs with knives in my tiny room... They're going to freaking stab you, especially when you really want to plow through them to save someone. This isn't a heroic fantasy series, there's no Aragon.

I am not trying to defend the series I am just really tired of angry-detail-hugging people who say "LITERALLY UNWATCHABLE" when a series or movie makes mistakes? The fuck? How is this series in anyway unwatchable? It messes up on a lot of parts but sheesh it's still a great series.

2m spears in a 4m wide room is not easy to fight with

Doesn't matter when they'd basically have to hold their line and jab until the Harpies were dead.

But the part with Bariston... Have you ever been attacked by a group of kids? No matter how big you are they're going to fucking grip your leg or hang onto your neck. The same thing is what happend to Bariston. He kicked ass and killed like 7 of them but they were 8! 8!!! In an area as small as my own room. I don't know about you but no matter how good a fighter someone is I just cannot see someone win a fight with only a longsword against 8 suicidal thugs with knives in my tiny room... They're going to freaking stab you, especially when you really want to plow through them to save someone. This isn't a heroic fantasy series, there's no Aragon.

You're underestimating Barristan and overestimating the Harpies here.

Just going off what's been in the show (not even counting his ridiculous feats in the books) Barristan once told 4-5 of the Kingsguard that "even now, I could cut through you like butter". Basically, he could kill or disarm 4-5 highly trained, well-armoured opponents armed with longswords in order to harm the king behind them with ease. Somehow, this doesn't sound like fighting 8 or so untrained, unarmoured nobles armed with daggers who have already been fighting for a minute or so already would be that hard for him.

The "literally unwatchable" thing was meant to be a joke, I still enjoy the show.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter when they'd basically have to hold their line and jab until the Harpies were dead.

You're underestimating Barristan and overestimating the Harpies here.

Just going off what's been in the show (not even counting his ridiculous feats in the books) Barristan once told 4-5 of the Kingsguard that he "even now, I could cut through you like butter". Basically, he could kill or disarm 4-5 highly trained, well-armoured opponents armed with longswords in order to harm the king behind with ease. Somehow, this doesn't sound like fighting 8 or so untrained, unarmoured nobles armed with daggers who have already been fighting for a minute or so already would be that hard for him.

The "literally unwatchable" thing was meant to be a joke, I still enjoy the show.
Sorry about the rant :/ I re read what I wrote and I come off pretty assholey.

I completely agree with you when it comes to the unsullied and I think that they were portrayed extremely poorly.

But as I said I still think Bariston would've lost the fight. His speech after they fired him came off more like an empty threat than anything but I also believe that he probably would've managed to win against the remaining asshats in the kingsguard. But the circumstances would be a lot different. There would be longsword against longsword in an open area against five men.

This was extremly close corter combat against 8 people and he wasn't even wearing proper armour, someone must've hit him and even though a dagger is a small weapon it can definitely kill a man.

But as I've learned from countless of hours arguing with friends there rill never be solid answers to these questions etc. Everybody understands the books differently than others :) The rant against this was mostly just me getting angry over a joke I was too dumb to understand :)

Edit: faking christ I will never learn to spell his name correctly, I'll just start calling him Mr. B

Game of thrones is literally life. Like im addicted to it haha, episode 5 is finally coming out!

and I dont think Barristan is dead. I mean, even if hes old, he was one of the best fighters of westeros and is a semi important main character, i think he deserves a better death than to a bunch of slavers in halloween costumes.

Game of thrones is literally life. Like im addicted to it haha, episode 5 is finally coming out!

and I dont think Barristan is dead. I mean, even if hes old, he was one of the best fighters of westeros and is a semi important main character, i think he deserves a better death than to a bunch of slavers in halloween costumes.
He's dead Jim.

He's dead Jim.
:(
such bs honestly.
Oh well, its how the show goes, if all the "heroes" were immortal then it wouldnt be half as interesting. Just the way he died though, like come on man, I get that it was a confined space, but couldt he have kept them at bay rather than let them circle him like that? Hes got a big sword and they just had daggers.

He's dead Jim.
Okay all being said and done - even though it went against the books - I honestly felt like the death of Barriston gave Dany the necessary drive to make some significant changes in the way she was ruling. I was really freaking pissed when they killed him at first, but I was weirdly ok with it by the time this most recent episode had aired.

Extremely interesting to see how the show cuts out, replaces, or introduces new bits/characters/minor events. But always ends up on track with the overarching story of the books.
Will be more interesting to see when the show laps the books. :l

Extremely interesting to see how the show cuts out, replaces, or introduces new bits/characters/minor events. But always ends up on track with the overarching story of the books.
Will be more interesting to see when the show laps the books. :l

Barristan wasn't a minor character though. He gradually become a very important piece of the story and how things happen in Mereen. I have no idea how they're supposed to make this work now. It's looking like the last books and last seasons of the show won't even match up except maybe in title.

My only hope for the series is that Sandor is still alive (book and show) and that he makes a comeback on the killing field!!

P.S. Sandor vs Brienne?! She'd have been dead quick! Bewm

Barristan wasn't a minor character though. He gradually become a very important piece of the story and how things happen in Mereen. I have no idea how they're supposed to make this work now. It's looking like the last books and last seasons of the show won't even match up except maybe in title.

My only hope for the series is that Sandor is still alive (book and show) and that he makes a comeback on the killing field!!

P.S. Sandor vs Brienne?! She'd have been dead quick! Bewm
Yeah..... It never made sense that a tied up malnourished Jaime nearly beat her but the hound was nearly killed by her. She's pretty bad.

Joffrey would have used the Kingsguard to kill the Faith Militant when they took Margaery. Joffrey was a better king.

Pretty much, Bronn's "oh for fuck's sake" pretty much summed up that Sand Snakes scene and all of season 5 for me.

Joffrey would have used the Kingsguard to kill the Faith Militant when they took Margaery. Joffrey was a better king.

Pretty much, Bronn's "oh for fuck's sake" pretty much summed up that Sand Snakes scene and all of season 5 for me.
Yeah, I'm not much of a details guy myself but this just doesn't feel right. They need to stop making up stuff...