• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Give Foremen Core Inspect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyattrox03

Designer
Staff member
Designer
Supporter
Credits
XP
I think Foremen could really use Core Inspect. During jobs it would be helpful to know who placed blocks if there is a griefing incident. Also as more Foremen are leading projects we have the same need that designers had when they received the perms as far as knowing who is building in your project.
If there is a group plot it would also be useful to see who built what so as to give proper feedback.

Inb4 "just ask a mod/designer"
They aren't always online during jobs, especially during deep American hours and I'm not bouta ping mapthor to come find out who built a [redacted] during a job.

Last edited:
I have seen you not report people using slurs, spamming, or talking overly sexual nonsense because you couldn't be arsed to report it.
Ping a moderator for stuff, it is literally what we are there for. Stop being difficult.

Easy for you to say since you have the permissions, I am speaking for the average foreman.

Inb4 "just ask a mod/designer"
They aren't always online during jobs, especially during deep American hours and I'm not bouta ping mapthor to come find out who built a [redacted] during a job.
There is at least one Mod online on Discord most of the time, and there really is no problem pinging a Mod for these things. That is why we are here.

Bro you just dont get why he is asking for it, not to insult your authority but to check who placed blocks, pretty helpful during jobs to determine who is really fucking up sometimes and maybe give better feedback based on the answer, also if you give out plots to multiple people, you can check way faster who is responsible for the quality being displayed, I use Mershy to check hardcore fumbles every once and a while and it helps. Also not to shit on you, but sometimes Wyats takes are valid, this time its pretty valid imo, this has nothing to do with him being difficult or something, sometimes leave the biase in the basement and be more open for suggestions.

I agree with Wyatt and Daom, it would be useful in the circumstances they provided. Add to that that mods often can't be arsed for something like that. Plus: I don't really see what your problems with wyatt not reporting stuff (which he is under no obligation to do tbh) has anything to do with the points he brings up here.

Personal grudges aside, I would like to see some reasons in here not to provide Foremen with access to this tool.
The reason that has been presented to do so is so that they don't have to go through the process of finding a mod to check for them, thereby saving time and energy for all involved.
The only reason not to do so that I've seen is that there is always a mod online anyway, but this doesn't account for whatever time may be spent going through the motions of getting a mod online for two minutes to check for the Foreman.
I am not familiar with this feature of the plugin, so I may very well be wrong, but I don't know of any way Foremen could abuse this feature off-hand, so what actual reason not to give them access can be provided? Just my two cents.

This is an exemplary suggestion, and, considering the fact that it has 11 upvotes, ignoring this suggestion would be quite immature.
Greencaver brings up a good point here. It has received very positive reactions. Furthermore it is a good idea like why should foreman have to rely on other people to find out who does stuff in their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.