• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Gondor RP Merge

yo guys aytually the red mashroom has to look like the salat because in all the "old" gondor places we used them to make salat in a kitchen for example. also we can't get the red bush thing that is in front of imloth melui idk why. and at least there are flowers that are completly changed or that does not exist any more
Wait what ?

yo guys aytually the red mashroom has to look like the salat because in all the "old" gondor places we used them to make salat in a kitchen for example. also we can't get the red bush thing that is in front of imloth melui idk why. and at least there are flowers that are completly changed or that does not exist any more
During the merge red mushrooms were replaced with nether warts stage one, which in Gondor 2.4 has the salat textures. So all salads should still look ok with the new RP. If you find any derps, please report here with, coords, description and screenshot.

@BWOT you say the job is done but I found something we missed in the derp checking. The cobblestone slit windows were changed in the update from having their window slit on all six sides to being directional so wherever they've been used they may need to be replaced manually. I found a place where there were such windows and it appears that the bottom block of the window is oriented with the slit facing north/south and the top block facing east/west so they're not too hard to find as ther'll be at least one part of the window facing the right way already.

@BWOT you say the job is done but I found something we missed in the derp checking. The cobblestone slit windows were changed in the update from having their window slit on all six sides to being directional so wherever they've been used they may need to be replaced manually. I found a place where there were such windows and it appears that the bottom block of the window is oriented with the slit facing north/south and the top block facing east/west so they're not too hard to find as ther'll be at least one part of the window facing the right way already.
I don't think every single derp will be ever fixed, gondor is just too massive for that, but if you find a village or any major area with derps feel free to notify me. Otherwise please fix the small derps you find yourself.

2018-09-04_21.29.04.png

One of Patricks stables got derped because the isn't this texture in the new rp anymore could we add them to the list again?

Well these blocks have been removed after extensive Designer discussion. But as it seems that we get several hundreds new full blocks with 1.13 we could insert them again. But will be hard work for @BWOT to ensure people are not using all blocks everywhere instead of making distinct styles for each region :p

We will see how the rp lays out, for now can you just change it to some brown brick with some rocks in there and if we remember it change it back if we put those blocks back.

Oh and @Eriol_Eandur I meant that we used at the salat that was a mushroom in places like MT. Now there are mushrooms and i can't replace them for the custom inventory salat because they are netherwarts and you aren't able to put these into the pot sadly

The salad texture has been moved to netherwarts. These can't be placed in flower pots and we can't change that. Only way to have salad in flower pods again would be to move the texture to another block again.

hm I think that we made many kinds of this tree texture so does it work with any other too?

Speaking about saplings? Yes, they can be planted in flower pots, but there are only 6 kinds of saplings, no more

There might be 6 more available in 1.13. In this case I would put the salad texture on one of those.

EDIT: at least 3 new potted plants are confirmed in 1.13 (cactus, dead bush and fern). But I still have to check if the textures can be changed independently from the unpotted block.

Last edited:
hmm but textures like the cactus are used in da too right? so wouldn't we probably destroy the look of an area?

Speaking about saplings? Yes, they can be planted in flower pots, but there are only 6 kinds of saplings, no more

There might be 6 more available in 1.13. In this case I would put the salad texture on one of those.

EDIT: at least 3 new potted plants are confirmed in 1.13 (cactus, dead bush and fern). But I still have to check if the textures can be changed independently from the unpotted block.
I don't know about the dead bush and I'm uncertain about the fern but I know that cacti can be placed in pots in 1.12 and I think ferns can too but I'm not as sure about that one. I think cacti also uses a different texture when they're in a pot compared to when they're planted normally because a potted cactus shows up as 4x8 pixels per side with much more densely spaced thorns than the normal one.

And Eriol is there any way to get the old stonebrick door bck into the gondor rp because we used it at a few places for secret ways but now it looks soooooo weird and ugly

When we removed the stonebrick door (to get more half doors) we thought that there would be only a very few operational stonebrick doors. We planned to use animations plugin for those. But there are many more than expected thus the plan is indeed to get a stonebrick door back into the rp. But I still have to check if that will work with mc 1.13.

Guys all these recommendations are cool and all, but we aren't ready for them yet, trust me, we will make a whole thread and everything and give you plenty of time to say your ideas but atm me and Eriol are merely sorting and testing and you have to give us that time.