• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Greenleaf1234-Artist thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenleaf1234

Expert Stream Digger
Commoner
Credits
XP
I firstly joined the server in the summer of 2015, but i kinda forgot about it and wasnt on until spring of 2016.
I have worked on many jobs in moria, mostly ruining, and also i did some vegetation and I made a lot of houses in Dol Amroth
FzhH1s2.png
wH5lWyI.png

9e8DfJ8.png

-my theme build (Beorns Hall)
2eldJN1.png

ruining job in moria
dorPREf.png
t7lKPhB.png

4sDWTqj.png

5jYbeEm.png

-a project that im working on in freebuild
2eldJN1.png

-another ruining job in moria
iovUy3R.png

-a build of a traditional farm house from the region i live in
HobfW6y.png

-Theme Build (Swan Ships)
csG1KzD.png

-Theme build (Noirinan)
emboJ8m.png

-A house i made in Dol Amroth

DsoEY3o.png

-A coloseum in my town in freebuild

I0NbhvE.png

-Inside the coloseum

GfKkQAG.png

-Theme Build (Fortress of Maedhros)

hsm3fa6.png

-Some Dol Amroth inspired houses i tried to make
GhKR9wz.png

fmJYLAt.png

e0mLJvd.png

-More jobs i did in DA (i did 9 houses in total)

I have participated in a lot of theme builds, but my proudest is Beorns Hall (picture above). My favourite style is Gondorian-pelargir styled.
The reason i am making this thread is because i want to build more but my building skills are limited because i must wait for a job which is a long time.

I hope I will get an artist so i can help with building
-Greetings from Greenleaf

Last edited:
Hey Greenleaf,

Thank you for your application!

Unfortunately I can't see your screenshots, the image links are broken.

Last edited:
Want a tip Green? Best way to get people to notice your application is to update it with new screenshots of your recent works.
And also don't forget to say in the comments here that you have updated or else Staff won't notice.

Indeed, I haven't noticed your screenshots before :D

Your Beorn's hall Themed-build looks great. Would be interesting so see some screenshots of the interior. Skils with interior are quite important for Artists, so you should try to show that here.
Same about your freebuild village. It's organized very well and the houses are looking very nice. But I remember the interior could be improved.
With your swan ships I'm not a fan of the materials you used. Especially the sails look very blocky. For the hulls you could try to use a vew more materials to make them more interesting.

Hey Greenleaf and sorry for the late reply!

You've know got to know quite a variety of building styles and you seem to be able to cope with all of them fairly well! Here's some things you can still improve on though:
  • Beorns Hall: Roof insides / roof support: Shingle roofs as well as thatch roofs only work, if you put some material below them to support them. Shingles are not connected to each other, they need something to lie on. Same for thatch. Additonally neither shingles not thatch can hold back rain or cold temperatures very well on their own.
    In other words: For roof overhangs, add something below the shingles, i.e. wood planks, check out some Rohan houses. From the inside no thatch or shingles should be visible, also cover them with i.e. wood planks.
  • Beorns Hall: Wooden beams: You used a somewhat curved or angled wood beam to support your roof. Note that naturally trees only grow straight, and generally in minecraft angled log beams usually dont look very nice. I'd only use log beams along the x, y or z axis (i.e. "straight").
  • Beorns Hall: Interior: I the last pic of your Beorns Hall the room interior is a bit awkward. You have a room that's somewhat a living room (fireplace) and storage room at the same time (meat, crates). Make a separate storage room! Especially meat should be kept as cool as possible, and not be hung next to the fireplace for storage. Also try to make the ceiling in that room look a bit more interesting!
  • The farm house you built: Wall depth: You tried making your wall look more interesting by varying the block types, thats very good! But it still looks very flat and boring, especially from afar. The trick is to not make the wall flat, but use stairs, fences and walls to bring some more shapes into it. Study some houses in Minas Tirith!
I would like to ask you to try to add these inputs to your builds, or participate in a new TB and think of these things!

~ Finrod

Wow, just wow :O Your latest TB is really impressive, it really is! Very good job on adapting the DA style, the houses look very detailed and lively both on the in- and outside. The material choices in the wall are fantastic; the towers are very flat, but it looks very good nevertheless with this material combo!

I apologize for the long wait time and gotta say that your promotion to Artist is very very well deserved! Congratulations! Please check out the Artist Manual before you delve into your business as Artist (it's a bit outdated, will fix that very soon) Artist Manual

~ Finrod

Wow, just wow :O Your latest TB is really impressive, it really is! Very good job on adapting the DA style, the houses look very detailed and lively both on the in- and outside. The material choices in the wall are fantastic; the towers are very flat, but it looks very good nevertheless with this material combo!

I apologize for the long wait time and gotta say that your promotion to Artist is very very well deserved! Congratulations! Please check out the Artist Manual before you delve into your business as Artist (it's a bit outdated, will fix that very soon) Artist Manual

~ Finrod
Um Finrod. Maybe you should change this to Accepted since, you know, it's been accepted?

I firstly joined the server in the summer of 2015, but i kinda forgot about it and wasnt on until spring of 2016.
I have worked on many jobs in moria, mostly ruining, and also i did some vegetation and I made a lot of houses in Dol Amroth
FzhH1s2.png
wH5lWyI.png

9e8DfJ8.png

-my theme build (Beorns Hall)
2eldJN1.png

ruining job in moria
dorPREf.png
t7lKPhB.png

4sDWTqj.png

5jYbeEm.png

-a project that im working on in freebuild
2eldJN1.png

-another ruining job in moria
iovUy3R.png

-a build of a traditional farm house from the region i live in
HobfW6y.png

-Theme Build (Swan Ships)
csG1KzD.png

-Theme build (Noirinan)
emboJ8m.png

-A house i made in Dol Amroth

DsoEY3o.png

-A coloseum in my town in freebuild

I0NbhvE.png

-Inside the coloseum

GfKkQAG.png

-Theme Build (Fortress of Maedhros)

hsm3fa6.png

-Some Dol Amroth inspired houses i tried to make
GhKR9wz.png

fmJYLAt.png

e0mLJvd.png

-More jobs i did in DA (i did 9 houses in total)

I have participated in a lot of theme builds, but my proudest is Beorns Hall (picture above). My favourite style is Gondorian-pelargir styled.
The reason i am making this thread is because i want to build more but my building skills are limited because i must wait for a job which is a long time.

I hope I will get an artist so i can help with building
-Greetings from Greenleaf
UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.