• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Finished GUI DIY

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Me: Hi I'm Fire
Group: Hi Fire
Me: And I'm a textureholic
Group: *claps*

So for my next trick, I will be tackling our GUI files. This includes all of the inventories, experience bars, icons etc (a nifty guide I found if you are interested). We already have several inventory textures, however, Minecraft changed the layouts a while back so in several cases this simply involves adjusting old textures to new formats. I am also using/rehashing several of the lovely designs from the Fable of the Five Wizards (FotFW) GUI as there were a lot of good ideas there that shouldn't just go to waste. The rest of it obviously involves created new original textures. I will continually update progress below and feel free to leave feedback on whatever!

PROGRESS UPDATE: 12/18
+ achievements = done
+ bars.png
+ book.png
+ main container = done
- Survival Inventory: done
yKXuECQ.png
- Creative Inventory: done
GUpY2hN.png
- other containers = done
5DCMNTH.png

D8aNwJg.png

7e4x9cY.png
+ Status Effects: WIP
+ demo_background.png = done
+ icons.png = done
- Health/Food Bar: FotFW
- Experience Bar: Adjusted FotFW
BYWYedp.png
- Boss Health​
+ options_background.png = no change
+ presets = done
+ resource_packs.png = done
- Arrows for switching: new​
+ server_selection.png = done
- Arrows for switching
JyIsG49.png
+ spectator_widgets.png = done
+ stream_indicator.png = little change
+ title = no change
+ widgets.png = done
- Hot bar: no change
- Realms: new/FotFW​
+ world_selection.png = done
- Arrows for switching: new​

+ Eriol's Extras = done

Last edited:
I already changed the .png files for containers a bit in my WIP RP Gondor for better visiblity of items in the new block inventories.
But it's far from perfect. Would be happy about better ones. :D

-> This is kind of a GUI and only a little thing so i didnt want to post a new thread.

I made a resource pack for the elv-ish font from the adventuremap FotFW, because I really think it enhances the look of the server if in use.
Also this maybe could be implemented in the official resources or the GUI update?

Edit:

Turns out it automaticly created a thread o_O
Beautiful font for MCME

Last edited:
I already changed the .png files for containers a bit in my WIP RP Gondor for better visiblity of items in the new block inventories.
But it's far from perfect. Would be happy about better ones. :D
I had a look, I think mine will have a more finished look by the end (no offense at all) but I will be sure to add your additions to my working design if thats okay with you!

There are no additions you should add to your work.
I just changed the background. Also I made some Item for inventory categories. But if you can make better ones I will be happy.

All "container" textures are done (see above for screens). Again, since we are a build server and not about crafting the inventories are all relatively simple in nature in case we decide to make changes in the future for whatever purpose.
5DCMNTH.png

D8aNwJg.png

7e4x9cY.png

Last thing is to design a few more "status effect" icons and adjust @Eriol_Eandur 's custom inventory textures to fit the new style.

@Finrod_Amandil assuming this all looks good to you (and everyone else) I can go ahead and upload to Github relatively soon so that people can start playing with this ;)

Last edited: