• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Guide Roles and Requirements

Yes I'm bumping and borrowing this thread. I thought it would be helpful.

As some of you know, I applied for Guide. I know I can't get the rank right now, since I think the server doesn't need new Guides at all at this moment.

But what I want you guys' opinion on, is if I can get Guide someday.
I can't use my computer every day (only on weekends, holidays and summer breaks and stuff), but I'm always on MineChat and the forums and I'll probably get TeamSpeak for iPhone soon. I'm not sure if I can get Guide with such low activity on a computer. I mean, I can't give tours using my phone. How many tours a week does a Guide have to do?

Besides I'm somewhat insecure about the way I speak English. I've never been outside of my country, and before I joined MCME I had never orally communicated with people from other countries. Feedback from people that have heard me on TeamSpeak would be appreciated.

You don't necessarily have to do a tour every week, I know I certainly didn't do one tour every week. But some weeks when I felt like it I would give maybe 2 or 3. There is not, well at least when I was in the role, a set criteria that you have to meet per month, just make sure you don't go long periods of time without giving a tour. Being a guide/ranger isn't all about giving tours, being helpful is a key part of it too, and when you feel like it you can maybe start a tour. I know the activity not long ago was not the best from rangers, so maybe Iru has changed it, but that's just what it was like.

As some of you know, I applied for Guide. I know I can't get the rank right now, since I think the server doesn't need new Guides at all at this moment.

I can't use my computer every day (only on weekends, holidays and summer breaks and stuff), but I'm always on MineChat and the forums and I'll probably get TeamSpeak for iPhone soon. I'm not sure if I can get Guide with such low activity on a computer. I mean, I can't give tours using my phone. How many tours a week does a Guide have to do?

Besides I'm somewhat insecure about the way I speak English. I've never been outside of my country, and before I joined MCME I had never orally communicated with people from other countries. Feedback from people that have heard me on TeamSpeak would be appreciated.
Safe to say you speak better English than half of the people in America and/or Britain.

MURICA

Last edited:

I haven't heard you on ts, but your written english is excellent. I always just assumed you were a native english speaker:p

You'd be a great guide imo, even if you aren't super active on regular minecraft:)

Rangers should be as swift as the coursing river (be a man), with all the force of a great typhoon (be a man), with all the strength of a raging fire, mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Although, the dark side of the moon isn't mysterious anymore.... :(
images

Let me tell you this, it takes a long time for guides to be promoted.
So @Lady_Of_Rohan , don't feel insecure about whether or not we think you're good, just keep on doing what you do, you're doing great.
It is a bit annoying if you're not as fluent in english as others, but don't let that hold you back. MCME is probably the best way to practice and I think you already speak more than enough to be functional as a guide.

Let me tell you this, it takes a long time for guides to be promoted.
So @Lady_Of_Rohan , don't feel insecure about whether or not we think you're good, just keep on doing what you do, you're doing great.
It is a bit annoying if you're not as fluent in english as others, but don't let that hold you back. MCME is probably the best way to practice and I think you already speak more than enough to be functional as a guide.
Yeah Will. I know it usually takes a long time for Guides to be promoted - not always though, look at popcorn and Lizzy - my main concerns were my activity on the server and proficiency in English (or lack thereof).

Last edited:
Yeah Will. I know it usually takes a long time for Guides to be promoted - not always though, look at popcorn and Lizzy - my main concerns were my activity on the server and proficiency in English (or lack thereof).
For the record, you have nothing to be concerned about. As most players don't realize, is that we know who is who, and their standing in the community. This goes out to all players, your actions on the server a noticed, whether you think so or not. If you, in the time that you do spend on the server, are consistently going above and beyond to assist others, it's noticed. We are understanding, we do not expect you to sit on the server all day long, and we know that players have lives outside of the keyboard and mouse. Nobody is expected to put the server above real life obligations. The saying that actions have consequences is true, and players are able to make their own. The opposite is true too, you're actions can yield reward for your dedication. So don't think that everything is down to server time, or time on teamspeak, or free time in general. It's about how you go out of your way as a member of the community, and your reputation there speaks more than in any rank. So my advice to all players, don't focus on doing things for a rank, focus on being yourself in the community. Everything else is second nature.

@Lady_Of_Rohan I think you would be a great Guide, I do not know your extent of server knowledge or lore, however they are the most important factors which are friendliness and helpfulness. I believe you are capable to learn some basic server and lotr lore if you haven't already.

Also, I'll steal your idea lady, what do you people of the community think of me, and my chances of getting guide? I'm to overconfident so I'm bad at judging myself.

@Lady_Of_Rohan I think you would be a great Guide, I do not know your extent of server knowledge or lore, however they are the most important factors which are friendliness and helpfulness. I believe you are capable to learn some basic server and lotr lore if you haven't already.

Also, I'll steal your idea lady, what do you people of the community think of me, and my chances of getting guide? I'm to overconfident so I'm bad at judging myself.
Dude a watermelon being a guide? Pssh

I'm kidding, you'd be a great guide.

End of story.

i'd vote for yodog

I love seeing that the community is supportive and uplifting of one another, but let us please keep the thread on topic.