• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Hip Hop/Rap/Beats Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some chill stuff for Friday
A Party Supplies track featuring the lovely Action Bronson

An album by Harry Fraud (another guy that worked with Bronsolino) that features Tech N9ne, RiFF RaFF, Smoke DZA, French Montana, Earl Sweatshirt and a few others. Definately bumps in the whip.

Also if you guys were interested in album reviews that really demonstrate the diverse views of people in hiphop/rap you should check out deadendhiphop.com and on youtube because they do round table reviews, discussion and interviews that are really interesting. https://www.youtube.com/user/deadendhiphop

Here's an example video that I really liked where they review Action Bronson's latest mixtape:
I'd also recommend taking a look at what they have to say about the albums you like just cause it's cool to have different perspectives and you might learn more about why you love the tracks. They also do some really chill and cool interviews with big and small names like people from R.A the Rugged Man (co-signed with Biggie) to Big KRIT along with small independent artists in Atlanta. Example interview with Run the Jewels (EL-P and Killer Mike):

Olav's current soundtrack:
GOOD STUFF:
Lately I've been listening a lot to Pharoahe Monch's new album "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder". Some real lyrical hip-hop and definitely worth a listen:

I've also listened a lot to Freddie Gibbs and Madlib's "piñata" lately.

REMIX:
I recently discovered this japanese producer called Nujabes, and he's got instant god-status in my eyes. Unfortunately he's dead, but awesome people keep putting up remixes and mashup. Here's a good one:

NORWEGIAN STUFF:
I thought I'd add some Norwegian stuff at the end even though most of you won't understand a thing. This is a brand new song that's gotten a lot of attention and critical acclaim lately, I'm really looking forward to the album. It's about angst and depression.

Here's an interesting idea, since most of the groups I listen to are releasing new music, why don't the rest of you post tracks/trailers from upcoming albums you're looking forward too. (WARNING THERE IS A LOT OF HYPE BEYOND THIS POINT). 1. Big KRIT's new album Cadillatica Nov 11. 2. RTJ (Run the Jewles) new album RTJ2 Oct 28th 3. Freddie Gibbs new album Easide Slim sometime this year. 4. Action Bronson (bronsolino) new album Mr. Wonderful sometime this year.

Big K.R.I.T - Cadillatica (title track) (NSFW KRIT MURDERS THE TRACK)
http://www.fashionably-early.com/2014/10/13/big-krit-cadillactica/

RTJ - Blockbuster Night Part 1 (EL-P and Killer Mike) (bumps in the whip)

Freddie Gibbs - Dollaz ft. G-wiz on beats and Jet Life (BANGIN')

Action Bronson - Easy Rider (soulful, son)

Jay Rock - Parental Advisory (Dope, cop it quick)

Here's some more stuff from people releasing new albums or stuff that was released today:
BBNG (Bad Bad Not Good) doing a full album with Ghostface Killah (Wutang Clan) coming out in February

New Flatbush Zombies x The Underachievers mixtape they just dropped today before they go on tour:

D12 - American Psycho

D12 - American Psycho II ft. B-Real

Eazy E - Boyz n' tha Hood

Dr. Dre - Bitch Niggaz ft. Snoop Dogg, Hitman & Six-Two

Iru's Featurette Platter #3
Bringing you Sounds of Soul, Poetry and Art
~

Dynamic Feature of the Week: El-P from Das Racist act and Killer Mike have been a dynamic collaborative since their inception last year. This track is featured of their album where some of you may notice a recurring voice in the track ;)

Remix Feature of the Week: Don't fret! Vocoding has changed the guy's voice in this. Track is smooth. Make love to your SO (or your hand) tonight to this ;)

Weekly Classic: Our reknowned brothers from the Outkast Crew. Notable for their track Ms. Jackson, that along with the following track comes from the Stankonia album which I've been chilling to on the go.

Tuesday's Trunk Bumpin' Thread will kick off with some Rustie featuring the king of molly himself, Danny Brown.

Follow it up with a nice newly remixed MadxGibbs track:
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Knick (Remix) ft. Action Bronson, Joey Bada$, Ransom

A really angry song for when you don't give a damn, Girl Talk and Freeway come together for Tolerate off of the Broken Ankles EP:

Probably his one good song but, Kidd Kidd - I'm A G (Bury Me A G)

Finish off with some good country shit from Big K.R.I.T (King Remembered In Time) - Country Shit ft. Ludacris and Bun B:

And just for fun some info on Meow the Jewels. El-P and Killer Mike got asked to do a full album with cats meowing as the beats by a guy who made a kickstarter campaign which was successful.

Trailer:

Been enjoying @Ghundra's and @Iru's weekly updates so much decided to do one :)

1st a really nice duet with SZA ft. Isaiah Rashad - This version edits out a lot of the intro bit of this song which makes it a lot better IMO

Been re-listening to a lot of Kanye lately, specifically MBDTF so:

which made me think back to this:

This is kinda old, but it's the first single off of Joey Bada$$'s freshman album which I'm really excited for

Throwback / Nas - The Flyest

Last edited:
Knight's Blast from the Past
Hip Hop Hooray- Naughty by Nature

Bust a Move- Young MC

Gangster's Paradise- Coolio

Insane in the Membrane- Cypress Hill

I'll post more if asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.