• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

History of Umbar

Its been so long since we started this and ive had other things to tend to so just a refresher, you want it to be the climat of carthage but as the city of rome with the center built in harad surounded by gondor building with ruins of numenor outside the lived area and you think the population should be smaller then when numenor heald the cirty and that they import wood from far harad?

And indeed i should have not said arabs to the turks i did that beacus they where a caliphat and i thought the lombardians that came after the ostrogoths ( cus they rule such a short time unlike the time scales we are talking about ) originated from italy but no they were scandinavians, yet another country with origans from the mother land

I am much more enclinde to accept Cyprus this for a few resons, but the main one being that if you look at a wind map of the Mediterranean youll see that the hot wind from the sahara blowes over carthage and thusly there over all temperature is slightly higher and there is less rain in carthage. Here are the sorce: View attachment 18948View attachment 18949
Even tho its not that much i think its better, and to be frank so has this argument started to bore me
Yes I do know that and thats why I said ancient Carthage because of the tempertature rising, and as you know a few thousend years ago Sahara wasnt even a desert, but with times its getting warmer and drier, but still you have to remember Cyprus is an island in middle of the sea and a bit further from the main land Africa while Umbar isnt on an island which makes me think the climate will be more like Carthage in the ancient times as I said before. Your again some what wrong about Turks because they are usually called Sultans not Caliphs. And about how the city should like yes you got me right though I still would say in the second part which will have more Gondorian ruins, we will also see habited Haradrim houses, every now and then, though they wont be as dense as they are in the city center. In this part we should have the fortress too. Then slowly we should have a transition to the last part with more Numenorean ruins, a few Gondorian ones and here well have very few farms and houses for Hardrim. Outside this there will be more and more houses and less and less ruins, at some point well see ruins of the ancient city walls. Though there will be a few withered ruins outside those too but farms would dominate. Population will surly be less than half the original, yes. The intresting thing with Tolkiens works is that civilizations and events and everything is just much larger and advanced and great but the times are longer too and these two somewhat balance eachother. For example if we replaced Numenor with Rome way less would have remaind of it because of the long time but if we replaced Rome with Numenor then a lot more would have remaind, so these two balance eachother. The ruins will be as much withered as they are seen in places like Rome, Persepolis, Istanbul, Egypt, etc because even though the time passed is longer the civilization who built them was more advancend and thus the buildings were more strong. And during Numenorean times they could have brought wood from anywhere because how advanced they were and how much land they ruled over even though as I said trees could grow in Carthages geography but during Haradrims time, if they didnt want to use the wood from places around Umbar they could import from Far Harad, because they are amazing sailors and also there were many more places in the way to Umbar to rest in and they didnt need to even go far from the coast because its just the same coast. Also they could have just built their ships somewhere in the south then bring them to Umbar even though its not needed and they could just grow and cut trees in Umbar for just making ships and then they would plant more, then cut and so on.

Guys, when we finished and revamped Eriador (With Grey havens and all that) and finished Gondor, and when desert and svanna updates came for minecraft and when we had all those in MCME for rp h (rp harad) we could start Umbar, Im really hyped for it even though its gonna be years from now.

I am much more enclinde to accept Cyprus this for a few resons, but the main one being that if you look at a wind map of the Mediterranean youll see that the hot wind from the sahara blowes over carthage and thusly there over all temperature is slightly higher and there is less rain in carthage. Here are the sorce: View attachment 18948View attachment 18949
Even tho its not that much i think its better, and to be frank so has this argument started to bore me
And by the way, when I looked at this for the second time I saw that at some months Carthage was actually colder, while on others Cyprus was, so actually both these are somewhat the same.

And by the way, when I looked at this for the second time I saw that at some months Carthage was actually colder, while on others Cyprus was, so actually both these are somewhat the same.
yes but its manly the rainfall i focus on

Guys, when we finished and revamped Eriador (With Grey havens and all that) and finished Gondor, and when desert and svanna updates came for minecraft and when we had all those in MCME for rp h (rp harad) we could start Umbar, Im really hyped for it even though its gonna be years from now.
probs will have the combined rp by then

Yes I do know that and thats why I said ancient Carthage because of the tempertature rising, and as you know a few thousend years ago Sahara wasnt even a desert, but with times its getting warmer and drier, but still you have to remember Cyprus is an island in middle of the sea and a bit further from the main land Africa while Umbar isnt on an island which makes me think the climate will be more like Carthage in the ancient times as I said before. Your again some what wrong about Turks because they are usually called Sultans not Caliphs. And about how the city should like yes you got me right though I still would say in the second part which will have more Gondorian ruins, we will also see habited Haradrim houses, every now and then, though they wont be as dense as they are in the city center. In this part we should have the fortress too. Then slowly we should have a transition to the last part with more Numenorean ruins, a few Gondorian ones and here well have very few farms and houses for Hardrim. Outside this there will be more and more houses and less and less ruins, at some point well see ruins of the ancient city walls. Though there will be a few withered ruins outside those too but farms would dominate. Population will surly be less than half the original, yes. The intresting thing with Tolkiens works is that civilizations and events and everything is just much larger and advanced and great but the times are longer too and these two somewhat balance eachother. For example if we replaced Numenor with Rome way less would have remaind of it because of the long time but if we replaced Rome with Numenor then a lot more would have remaind, so these two balance eachother. The ruins will be as much withered as they are seen in places like Rome, Persepolis, Istanbul, Egypt, etc because even though the time passed is longer the civilization who built them was more advancend and thus the buildings were more strong. And during Numenorean times they could have brought wood from anywhere because how advanced they were and how much land they ruled over even though as I said trees could grow in Carthages geography but during Haradrims time, if they didnt want to use the wood from places around Umbar they could import from Far Harad, because they are amazing sailors and also there were many more places in the way to Umbar to rest in and they didnt need to even go far from the coast because its just the same coast. Also they could have just built their ships somewhere in the south then bring them to Umbar even though its not needed and they could just grow and cut trees in Umbar for just making ships and then they would plant more, then cut and so on.
btw that was 5000-11000 years ago and beacuse of the winds

btw that was 5000-11000 years ago and beacuse of the winds
Well if you look the temperature is just increasing very slowly, even then it was more lush and cold than now even though it wasnt as green as how it was a few thousands years before it, no not at all. Combined it with the last 200 years and industrialization, it was I would say at least one Celsius colder on average which makes the rainfall more as well.
And if you look at it in January, February and March, October, November and December we have more rainfall in Cyprus, then in April, May, June, August and September there is more in Carthage and its the same for both of them on July, so somewhat same again.

Well if you look the temperature is just increasing very slowly, even then it was more lush and cold than now even though it wasnt as green as how it was a few thousands years before it, no not at all. Combined it with the last 200 years and industrialization, it was I would say at least one Celsius colder on average which makes the rainfall more as well.
And if you look at it in January, February and March, October, November and December we have more rainfall in Cyprus, then in April, May, June, August and September there is more in Carthage and its the same for both of them on July, so somewhat same again.
was talking about the africa statement