• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Hobbit Hole in a backyard

Is it actually going to be designed like the hobbit holes in New Zealand? or will it just be a concrete bunker covered in dirt?

going to put a wood structure that will jut out a bit, door arc on the right, and two windows on the left, so you cant see the concrete from the outside, going to paint the inside a tan white, not keeping it grey. wood beams placed periodically along the walls too. Sadly probably not going to have a curved roof on the inside, but hey, we cant have it all.

swiggity swoot we back with some major progress. roof is all done now. In the pic you can see how the roof siding is being done. top is covered with a waterproof rubber tarp so the dirt on top does not leak in on the hobbits
ud1eLEA.jpg

j1HI03V.jpg
iwaIx9V.jpg

Builders? Me and my dad are the builders. So no i guess not.

Oh, I thought you had some builders in to do the concrete, digging e.t.c and they might be a bit confused about a mini house... And they wouldn't of expected it to be a hobbit house.

Oh, I thought you had some builders in to do the concrete, digging e.t.c and they might be a bit confused about a mini house... And they wouldn't of expected it to be a hobbit house.
Someone did dig it and do the concrete pads, but that doesnt technically count as building it, does is?

Yeah, people would definitely come all over for that kind of thing.......cheaper than flying to New Zealand.
I've been to the New Zealand Place, Was Sweet But ur not able to go in the hobbit holes which kinda sucks… but this u get to actually enter them!

Lol, Its not even hobbit scale but i will still have to bend over.
Is there going to be a fireplace in the hole? If so, you could have campfire parties and roast marshmallows while singing: "That's what Bilbo Baggins Hates".........