Hobbit Hole in a backyard

Kisos

Hardcore MCME-er
Supporter
Credits
0
XP
0
Hey everyone. Surprisingly even to myself i just spent a lot of money to have some guy dig a hole for me. In this hole i am planning to build a hobbit house/hole. Here on this thread i will post pictures of progress and other things. I need the communities help though too. I am not exactly a hobbit specialist so i want as much help as i can get concerning furnishings to put into it and that type of stuff. I already have the basic floor plan laid out for this 30x25 cut in a hill near my house so im kind of committed to doing this. All help would be much appreciated.
 
What, no hill hole picture? I waited since I say this 2 minutes after you posted this and still not picture? I know it's just a hole, but I really want a picture.
 
I don't care if this thing is on Mars, I am gonna find a way to visit it! Can't wait for a picture.
Just wondering, though, what gave you this idea?
 
A pic of the guy digging mai hole...
ajGp8lf.jpg

more when its done
 
Additionally you all should know that it will not be exactly size accurate because i want to be able to get in easily. ( I'm 6"4) So yeah dimensions will be a bit screwed up...
 
Im going to build a structure in that cut then like cover it with dirt on the top and then on the sides. Its about 30x25. i have plans for about 2 big rooms and 1 smaller one with a fireplace in-between the big rooms. Additionally the back wall is 6 1/2 feet tall so thats just enough room for mai head.

to awnser wods question yes it is a manhole that will look like a hobbits
 
How are you going to do the front? I.e: design-wise, and what materials. Gotta get dem round windows.
 
How are you going to do the front? I.e: design-wise, and what materials. Gotta get dem round windows.
This is the design based off of one of the holes in the movie. I have not done the other part yet as there will be another similar arched place to the left of this one with 1 or 2 circular windows.

The rectangular bits will be wood and almost everything else and under that strange line looking like a bunch of hills between the two boards on the ends will be a rock wall made with rocks done from the digging. Everything is in feet because im american.


5iwTaMR.jpg
 
Back
Top