• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

How to connect to or access the server

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Supporter
Credits
XP
How will I connect to the server?

To connect to our Minecraft server, you will need Minecraft: Java Edition, which is available from Download for Minecraft: Java Edition
Other versions of Minecraft, such as from the Bedrock family (Android, Xbox, Playstation) are not supported.

If you already know how to connect to multiplayer servers, the ip is:
build.mcmiddleearth.com

If this is your first time joining a multiplayer server, this is how you can join a multiplayer server:

1. Launch the game
  2. On the main menu, click on 'Multiplayer'
  3. On the new screen, click on 'Add Server'
  4. You can type 'Minecraft Middle Earth' to add as an item in your server list
  5. This bit is important! In server address you have to type this exactly: build.mcmiddleearth.com
  6. For the best experience, you should set 'Server Resource Packs: Enabled' so you don't have to manually download and install resource packs.
  7. Double click the newly added server, and you're joining MCME!

Outdated version, can't connect because server is still on {0} or a newer/older version.
If you have problems connecting to our server because you are not on the right version, you can read on how to change your version How to select Minecraft version

Last edited:
Awesome resource that'll surely cut down on the number of questions asked but here's some suggestions for improvements:

"this name will display in the server list" could be changed to: "this name will be displayed in your server list" to emphasise that this only affects what they'll see.

"In server adress you type: build.mcmiddleearth.com" could be changed to "In server adress you have to thype exactly: build.mcmiddleearth.com" to emphasise the importance of typing exactly that.

"you should see 'Server Resource Packs: Enabled'" should probably be "you should set 'Server Resource Packs: Enabled'"

"so you don't have to mess around downloading and installing resource packs." could be changed to "so you don't have to mess around with downloading and installing resource packs manually." for clarification.

And finally, I love that you included an animation of how to do all this but perhaps you should have included step 6 in the animation as well?

Also, maybe this guide should mention that you have to launch the game in Minecraft 1.12 in order to join the server? I know this won't be the case once we've updated to 1.14 but that's still some ways off and at the moment you can't join the server without launching the game in Minecraft 1.12 so perhaps you should include or at least mention how to do that as well or perhaps make a different guide for it?

That's all the input I had about this. I hope I didn't come across as being nitpicky.

How will I connect to the server?

If you already know how to connect to multiplayer servers, the ip is build.mcmiddleearth.com
If this is your first time joining a multiplayer server:

1. Launch the game
  2. On the main menu, click on 'Multiplayer'
  3. On the new screen, click on 'Add Server'
  4. You can type 'Minecraft Middle Earth' or whatever you wish, this name will display in the server list
  5. This bit is important! In server adress you type: build.mcmiddleearth.com
  6. For the best experience, you should see 'Server Resource Packs: Enabled' so you don't have to mess around downloading and installing resource packs.
  7. Double click the newly added server, and you're joining!

View attachment 13176
To make this clearer, can we perhaps have the IP put somewhere in the header or the foot of the website? I can imagine visitors struggling to find a thread like this.

I am also getting "server is outdated" when trying to join. I just installed Minecraft again today and it is fully updated to 1.15.
Will the server update?
Or do I have to figure out how to find an older version of Minecraft?

I am also getting "server is outdated" when trying to join. I just installed Minecraft again today and it is fully updated to 1.15.
Will the server update?
Or do I have to figure out how to find an older version of Minecraft?

You have to use an older version, namely 1.12.2

Fortunately, it really isn't that hard :)

[RESOLVED]

You have to use an older version, namely 1.12.2

Fortunately, it really isn't that hard :)

Hey, my dudes. I haven't been on this server/ site/ on a computer at all in like 5 years or something. I see I need to change my version, but it says 404 Forbidden, when I open the link to change versions and I can't do anything :/ What do I do?

Edit: I found a youtube video that showed me how to do it. If anyone else has problems with the link, here is that youtube video:

Last edited:
Hey, my dudes. I haven't been on this server/ site/ on a computer at all in like 5 years or something. I see I need to change my version, but it says 404 Forbidden, when I open the link to change versions and I can't do anything :/ What do I do?

Try this one

Just registered today and added the “build.mcmiddleearth.com” server to my list. When I try to join I get an error message stating;

failed to connect to the server
Outdated server! I’m still on (0)

Am I doing something wrong??

Awesome resource that'll surely cut down on the number of questions asked but here's some suggestions for improvements:

"this name will display in the server list" could be changed to: "this name will be displayed in your server list" to emphasise that this only affects what they'll see.

"In server adress you type: build.mcmiddleearth.com" could be changed to "In server adress you have to thype exactly: build.mcmiddleearth.com" to emphasise the importance of typing exactly that.

"you should see 'Server Resource Packs: Enabled'" should probably be "you should set 'Server Resource Packs: Enabled'"

"so you don't have to mess around downloading and installing resource packs." could be changed to "so you don't have to mess around with downloading and installing resource packs manually." for clarification.

And finally, I love that you included an animation of how to do all this but perhaps you should have included step 6 in the animation as well?

Also, maybe this guide should mention that you have to launch the game in Minecraft 1.12 in order to join the server? I know this won't be the case once we've updated to 1.14 but that's still some ways off and at the moment you can't join the server without launching the game in Minecraft 1.12 so perhaps you should include or at least mention how to do that as well or perhaps make a different guide for it?

That's all the input I had about this. I hope I didn't come across as being nitpicky.

Hi, im tyring to access the server (I have used both 1.12.2 and 1.14.4) and whenever i try to join i am met with 'failed to connect with server not authencated with minecraft.net'. whatshould i do to solve this problem?

Hi, im tyring to access the server (I have used both 1.12.2 and 1.14.4) and whenever i try to join i am met with 'failed to connect with server not authencated with minecraft.net'. whatshould i do to solve this problem?
If you have a cracked account you can’t connect to the server which may be the problem. Also make sure the i.p is right. (build.mcmiddleearth.com)

Hello,
I'm new to MCME. Using 1.12.2 and 'build.mcmiddleearth.com', I only get error message 'Failed to connect to the server io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException:Connection timed out: no further information

Using Minecraft Java edition on Windows 10.

Thanks for any help!

The server is now updated to 1.15 so you won’t be able to play it in 1.12

Also are you sure you’re not windows 10 edition?

Regards
-Shroomy

The server is now updated to 1.15 so you won’t be able to play it in 1.12

Also are you sure you’re not windows 10 edition?

Regards
-Shroomy
Yes, its the Java edition on Windows 10. I get the same error messsage using 1.15.

I also get the same error message when trying to connect using a Macbook running MC Java edition as well, no matter what version I try.

I'll keep trying. I thought maybe the server was down or overloaded.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions, thanks.

ComKeen

Yes, its the Java edition on Windows 10. I get the same error messsage using 1.15.

I also get the same error message when trying to connect using a Macbook running MC Java edition as well, no matter what version I try.

I'll keep trying. I thought maybe the server was down or overloaded.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions, thanks.

ComKeen

1.15 wont work. It needs to be 1.15.2 specifically.

Hello! I have a question about the resource packs: for some background, I’ve played Minecraft for a while but don’t play regularly enough to be decent, so I apologize if there is an obvious answer- I’ve been watching videos of the server online and loved the resource packs, lighting, shaders etc, so when I joined I followed the instructions and enabled the resource pack, but can’t see the lighting/shaders that I saw on YouTube (I did see the resource pack though) and was wondering if there is a way I could apply that?

Hello! I have a question about the resource packs: for some background, I’ve played Minecraft for a while but don’t play regularly enough to be decent, so I apologize if there is an obvious answer- I’ve been watching videos of the server online and loved the resource packs, lighting, shaders etc, so when I joined I followed the instructions and enabled the resource pack, but can’t see the lighting/shaders that I saw on YouTube (I did see the resource pack though) and was wondering if there is a way I could apply that?
If the resource packs are working perfectly for you that is great. The shaders that you saw are not from the server but from the youtubers client. If you want similar shaders you should download optifine 1.15.2 preview OptiFine Then i would recommend downloading Sildurs Vibrant shaders Sildurs Shaders (try with medium and if your pc can handle it try extreme) I hope you find this helpful and not to confusing. I wish you luck :D let me know if you need anymore help.