• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Illegal Packet Received

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexjg42

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hi,

I just installed the OptiForge mod to try and use OptiFine and Forge, but when I try and connect to MCME server it gives me an error Illegal Packet received. Any idea what this is? I'm sure it's related to the mod I installed, but perhaps its just a setting I can change.

Have you joined mcme before or is this your first time?
To join you’ll need minecraft java in 1.15.2 any other version won’t work.
Also are you sure that you have a non pirated account?

————————————————————
-Shroomy

Also I have never heard of optiforge and the server doesn’t support mods, client side ones like the replay mod and optifine are ok but there aren’t many mods you can use with it, maybe try with the fabric or optifine client instead as optifine can be added as a mod and not just as a client.

There is still no release of Optifine for mc 1.15, just development builds. So I guess there is some problem with the mod.

I fixed the problem by downloading the recommended version of forge instead of the latest version. Also, I don't think you need Optiforge anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.