• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

imNoiz

imNoiz

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
  • Date of joining the server. I can truly not remember, the last TB I can remember participating in before this one was the TB with the trebuchets. It was absolutely pre-Minas Tirith.
  • I have not yet participated in any job on the server.
  • .Your interests: I have not yet found a niche. However, a personal favourite for me is Edoras.
  • Your motivation: Well, to be honest, I am not quite sure why I am applying. I enjoy the visuals of a finished project. Therefore, you can assume I strive to put my best into a project. The server is really friendly and there is a positive environment.
*UPDATE*Edit
NEW THEMED BUILD.

UPDATE*Edit
NEW THEMED BUILD.

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Your Tol-in-Gauroth is a quite complex build you put a lot of effort in. That's a good start. There are some things you should try to improve though.
You are using only smooth stone for natural rock. Your cliffs will look much better when you mix in one or two other kinds of blocks for example purple stained clay and block of coal. Have a look at some cliffs on the main map for example at Dol Amroth.
Some of your structures look quite fragile. I would suggest not to make pillars of stone walls and full blocks on top. Also your wall design is quite uncommon for MCME. Try to make it looks more like builds on the main map. The basic concept are double walls: Build nice pillars and arches in first layer and fill in the walls in the second layer with another material. The two materials should be distincly different. Your choice of stone bricks and cobble is very good ;)
Third thing are details. You already made some, chests and armor stands mainly. But you can do a lot of more. Some areas look very empty, especially the underground parts. Try to figure out for which purpose every place is used. There are a lot of blocks for decoration (cobweb, rails, levers, hooks, ...) some you can't place yourself, place wool instead with a sign on it which says what you want. Then ask a Designer to replace the wool for you.

When you have more screenshots to show, add them to your post above. When you do, please also reply to this thread. Just say "update" and quickly explain what is new. It will bring your application on top of the long application list and will make us notice your update.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<.

Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Your Tol-in-Gauroth is a quite complex build you put a lot of effort in. That's a good start. There are some things you should try to improve though.
You are using only smooth stone for natural rock. Your cliffs will look much better when you mix in one or two other kinds of blocks for example purple stained clay and block of coal. Have a look at some cliffs on the main map for example at Dol Amroth.
Some of your structures look quite fragile. I would suggest not to make pillars of stone walls and full blocks on top. Also your wall design is quite uncommon for MCME. Try to make it looks more like builds on the main map. The basic concept are double walls: Build nice pillars and arches in first layer and fill in the walls in the second layer with another material. The two materials should be distincly different. Your choice of stone bricks and cobble is very good ;)
Third thing are details. You already made some, chests and armor stands mainly. But you can do a lot of more. Some areas look very empty, especially the underground parts. Try to figure out for which purpose every place is used. There are a lot of blocks for decoration (cobweb, rails, levers, hooks, ...) some you can't place yourself, place wool instead with a sign on it which says what you want. Then ask a Designer to replace the wool for you.

When you have more screenshots to show, add them to your post above. When you do, please also reply to this thread. Just say "update" and quickly explain what is new. It will bring your application on top of the long application list and will make us notice your update.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<.
Thank you for your feedback. :) Where can I find a good example of such a wall?

All buildings in Gondor are built like this, try
/warp Dol Amroth
/warp Cair Andros
/warp Pelargir
/warp Linhir
/warp Calembel

Alright here's some thoughts on your Prancing Pony:

With the shape I gotta say you've failed a bit, but no worries :) Your "box with a lid ontop" may be practical as it provides a lot of space inside, but it does really look quite ugly. I highly recommend taking inspiration from somewhere when you build something like this. Generally for a guesthouse like this you can google for any images of medieval gues houses. More specifically in the case of the Prancing Pony theres loads of artwork on the internet you can take as inspiration. Yeah, can't really say too many things what you can improve there, you just started it the wrong way I think! It is not forbidden, it is encouraged and highly recommended to take other builds as inspiration! You can also fly around and have a look at the other builds and if you think "hey that roof design I do really like!" then feel free to adapt it for your build!