• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

In memory of DynoDaring

Credoo

Community Management
Staff member
Vala
Supporter
Credits
XP
Dear MCME Community,

As we mourn the loss of our dear member, DynoDaring, we want to provide a space for all of us to come together and share our heartfelt tributes, memories, and messages of remembrance. We invite you to contribute to this dedicated thread, honoring the legacy DynoDaring left behind in our MCME community.

Whether you had the opportunity to collaborate with DynoDaring on projects, joined one of his tours, engage in meaningful conversations, or simply enjoyed their presence and friendship, we encourage you to share your thoughts and reflections in this thread. Let us celebrate the impact he had on our community and the lasting memories he created.

Please feel free to post your messages, anecdotes, screenshots, artwork, or any other tokens of remembrance that you would like to share.

We kindly request that all posts adhere to our community guidelines of respect, kindness, and sensitivity. This space is meant to remember and honor our dear friend and fellow member, DynoDaring.

Please remember that the memorial event will also take place on the 20th of July 2023 at 21:00 CEST. We invite you to join us if you can, as we come together in game and on discord to share our memories.

Let us cherish the moments we shared with DynoDaring.

With deepest condolences,

Credoo

This news hits quite hard. Any time I saw Dyno in the server chat, I'd wave him a hello. He'd always say "hi" back. These simple interactions began in 2020 and continued well into 2023. Simple though they may seem, I subconsciously noticed when Dyno's activity ended when I realized I hadn't waved to him in a while. I didn't think much of it, but I did notice, even though I personally rarely found myself conversing with him. I think that's a testament to his importance to our community. He never, to my knowledge, got involved in petty drama, and he made sure to help out folks who had questions about the server. He always seemed impeccable in the fulfillment of his duties as moderator, and I imagine the same can be said for his time as Guide and Vala.

I do recall two deeper interactions I had with him which I will recount here. I was quite foolish one time and muted myself in global chat on the server when messing with a bug. I turned to the first person I saw online that I thought could help me. Dyno and I met in Minas Tirith so that I could explain in the local chat channel what had happened. He seemed quite amused, but didn't mock me for my blunder. In fact, he helped me out quite quickly.
The other occasion was during the lead-up to the Charity Stream. I happened to run into Dyno while mucking about in Hobbiton, and we entered into a discussion about the custom entities MCME was preparing at the time. It was there that I got to talk to him about the Charity Stream trailer I was still working on at that point as well. In that short interaction, Dyno was quite kind and seemed curious about the entities.

May God grant you a blessed repose, old friend, and may your memory be eternal.

When i read that, i felt like my heart stopped for a moment

Even if i didn't know Dyno as good as other players, who are "older" than me in the community, and even if i had small Interactions with him, like saying "hi" to him when he'd join, or just chatting sometimes in local chat, i always felt like he was a wonderful person, always happy to help other players when they had any problem.

Since i also like to wonder around the server, i'd often meet him either in Minas Tirith, pretending to fish in the pond near the White Tree, or sitting on the bridge crossing The Water in Hobbiton, always ready to greet both new players and old ones, and ready to always help them. There, sometimes i would have some brief conversations with him, but due to me being socially anxious even in game, they wouldn't last long.

I just feel sad....for his family, his loved ones and his friends and their pain
May he rest in peace

I'm struggling to kinda write anything at this moment being honest. Reading that announcment hit me like a tonne of bricks and it is something I am struggling to believe even now. Everytime I would come on the server, whether it had been a short or long time, Dyno would always be there with a smile and always say hey. Most of my memories of MCME have Dyno in them, and its hard to imagine a world where there wont be anymore.

Dyno mate, I am gonna miss you brother and I hope you have a very well earned rest and I promise you that your memory and all the people you have made brighter by being amongst them will be singing your praises and cherishing who you were for as long as the server exists.

Dyno has been a welcoming, friendly presence on the server for as long as I've been here, and much longer prior to that. His helpful attitude to everyone, whether having just joined, or whether you'd been around a long time made MCME a brighter place. Unless of course you were copying Helm's Deep or trolling in chat, in which case his vigilance protected the community from those who'd spoil it.

Given how far he wandered on MCME with us, these lines from the book seem appropriate:
And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Fair in judgement, great in welcome, he'll be greatly missed. Namárië, and thank you!

No i hîdh uireb gu den a mann i·rîn dín.
("May the eternal peace be with him and blessed (be) his memory.")

It is a terrible loss. Dyno was an ever-present pillar of the community, always friendly and welcoming, always going out of his way to be helpful. He will be sorely missed and fondly remembered.

Novaer, mellon.

Dyno, despite not being that active anymore in the period since I joined the server, was somehow everpresent on the server due to his long years of service to the server. He always greeted everyone on the server and was always calm and kind to those he interacted with. Personally I knew him because of our interactions over the Wheel of Time book series, which we are both big fans of. We had interesting and joyous discussions about the books and the horrible, truely horrible Amazon adaptation of it, though Dyno disagreed with that interpretation, which made the conversations so enjoyable. I will miss him, the server will miss him and his family most of all will miss him. Yet I would ask that this would not only be seen as a place and time for us to mourn, but also as one to celebrate one of the pillars of the community and, I cannot help but assume, a great husband, father, grandfather, friend and man to his dearest of kin.

May his memory shine bright to all those who remember him.
'And the dust returns to the Earth as it once was and the life breath returns to God who gave it.'

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine
Et lux perpetua luceat ei:
Requiescat in pace.
Amen.

Last edited:
Dyno-Daring was a Smart And Respect-full and Generous Man, I Never Knew him personally But I'm sure he Was A Good friend to all, May He Watch Over us and Push us to strive forward And Truly Prosper And to take every Stride for The better of this server But Dyno Was Always Gently, Patient and Honorable He loved this server With all of his huge, Kind, Noble loving heart, Actually This Moc-Up I made Represents that Huge Heart, It will be Posted At the End of the Memorial, But Last Two Things Promise, Don't Be sad Dyno's Death Doesn't Mean Hes Gone, It just Means He Joined His Loved Ones, His Passed Dog's,Cat's What ever Pet He had, This Adventure Ended.
He went There and back again.
May Dyno Daring Watch Over Us all, Rest In peace, Dyno Daring
May His Loved ones Push Through this difficult Time also May I Offer You a Egg?

I can't say I really know much about Dyno before I met him, but the simple interactions I've had with have clearly left a more potent impact than I realized since reading Credoo's announcement. He was always a friendly name in chat. He said hi whenever a name he recognized joined, always ready to have a conversation with anyone who wanted to talk. I can't imagine how he put up with all the crap and trolls that come in American hours, but he did. Always far calmer and more patient than I would have been if I was a mod, always politely responding to them. Its hard for me to imagine moving forward without ever seeing that simple 'hey hypr' in chat again. I will miss you Dyno. You probably weren't actually Thor, but I don't think anyone will be able to pick up that hammer of yours with you gone. I wish the best I can for his friends, family, and all those struggling in this time.

"In sorrow we must go, but not in despair. Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory. Farewell!"
-Aragorn's last words to Arwen, Appendix A

Dyno-Daring was a Smart And Respect-full and Generous Man, I Never Knew him personally But I'm sure he Was A Good friend to all, May He Watch Over us and Push us to strive forward And Truly Prosper And to take every Stride for The better of this server But Dyno Was Always Gently, Patient and Honorable He loved this server With all of his huge, Kind, Noble loving heart, Actually This Moc-Up I made Represents that Huge Heart, It will be Posted At the End of the Memorial, But Last Two Things Promise, Don't Be sad Dyno's Death Doesn't Mean Hes Gone, It just Means He Joined His Loved Ones, His Passed Dog's,Cat's What ever Pet He had, This Adventure Ended.
He went There and back again.
May Dyno Daring Watch Over Us all, Rest In peace, Dyno Daring
May His Loved ones Push Through this difficult Time also May I Offer You a Egg?
This is Dyno's Wife! Your comments are so true of my husband! His Heart was a big or bigger the all Middle Earth! Love you all Bonnie

I can't say I really know much about Dyno before I met him, but the simple interactions I've had with have clearly left a more potent impact than I realized since reading Credoo's announcement. He was always a friendly name in chat. He said hi whenever a name he recognized joined, always ready to have a conversation with anyone who wanted to talk. I can't imagine how he put up with all the crap and trolls that come in American hours, but he did. Always far calmer and more patient than I would have been if I was a mod, always politely responding to them. Its hard for me to imagine moving forward without ever seeing that simple 'hey hypr' in chat again. I will miss you Dyno. You probably weren't actually Thor, but I don't think anyone will be able to pick up that hammer of yours with you gone. I wish the best I can for his friends, family, and all those struggling in this time.

"In sorrow we must go, but not in despair. Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory. Farewell!"
-Aragorn's last words to Arwen, Appendix A
Dyno was the most patient man even with me not under standing MindCraft stuff but he would always take time to try with me lol and he always talked about all of you to me. You are all wonderful and it is warming my heart to read all of theses posts. BonnieLass

Dyno, despite not being that active anymore in the period since I joined the server, was somehow everpresent on the server due to his long years of service to the server. He always greeted everyone on the server and was always calm and kind to those he interacted with. Personally I knew him because of our interactions over the Wheel of Time book series, which we are both big fans of. We had interesting and joyous discussions about the books and the horrible, truely horrible Amazon adaptation of it, though Dyno disagreed with that interpretation, which made the conversations so enjoyable. I will miss him, the server will miss him and his family most of all will miss him. Yet I would ask that this would not only be seen as a place and time for us to mourn, but also as one to celebrate one of the pillars of the community and, I cannot help but assume, a great husband, father, grandfather, friend and man to his dearest of kin.

May his memory shine bright to all those who remember him.
'And the dust returns to the Earth as it once was and the life breath returns to God who gave it.'

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine
Et lux perpetua luceat ei:
Requiescat in pace.
Amen.
Dyno wanted every one to not mourn but celebrate! That is what we are doing tomorrow is Celebrating his life! Thank you BonnieLass

Dyno has been a welcoming, friendly presence on the server for as long as I've been here, and much longer prior to that. His helpful attitude to everyone, whether having just joined, or whether you'd been around a long time made MCME a brighter place. Unless of course you were copying Helm's Deep or trolling in chat, in which case his vigilance protected the community from those who'd spoil it.

Given how far he wandered on MCME with us, these lines from the book seem appropriate:
And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Fair in judgement, great in welcome, he'll be greatly missed. Namárië, and thank you!
Your quote from the book is perfect! brought a tear to my eye!BonnieLass

Dear MCME Community,

As we mourn the loss of our dear member, DynoDaring, we want to provide a space for all of us to come together and share our heartfelt tributes, memories, and messages of remembrance. We invite you to contribute to this dedicated thread, honoring the legacy DynoDaring left behind in our MCME community.

Whether you had the opportunity to collaborate with DynoDaring on projects, joined one of his tours, engage in meaningful conversations, or simply enjoyed their presence and friendship, we encourage you to share your thoughts and reflections in this thread. Let us celebrate the impact he had on our community and the lasting memories he created.

Please feel free to post your messages, anecdotes, screenshots, artwork, or any other tokens of remembrance that you would like to share.

We kindly request that all posts adhere to our community guidelines of respect, kindness, and sensitivity. This space is meant to remember and honor our dear friend and fellow member, DynoDaring.

Please remember that the memorial event will also take place on the 20th of July 2023 at 21:00 CEST. We invite you to join us if you can, as we come together in game and on discord to share our memories.

Let us cherish the moments we shared with DynoDaring.

With deepest condolences,

Credoo
Thank you for doing this for my Wonderful, loving, amazing Husband Dyno Love you All for this. BonnieLass

Dear Dyno,

There is not much I can say that hasn’t already been said.

You have been kind, respectful and fantastic on this server. You have helped build a community and foster a spirit of humanity.

Your charm is infectious even when you are gone; it passes from one generation to the next. Everything kind and beautiful here has been influenced by you. You would sit and listen to others, give advice, never judging but bringing a community together. An unsung hero to which we are singing now.

You are a celebration of all that is great here. Your impact is nothing less than magnificent. And as time passes and seasons change, the soul and character you brought will never diminish.

Your life has been a blessing to all.

With much love and fondness,

Archimdes

Very sad to hear of his passing, always said hello every time I joined the server. Very quiet and reserved with a dash of stoicism about him, but would say hello to everyone. Must've been 10/11 years ago when I first ran into him when he was a commoner, then guide, then bounder.

Scraped through the old hard drive and caught got this one from 2013.

Top man, he will be sorely missed, but fondly remembered.

Attachments

• 2013-07-03_17.26.30.png
    2013-07-03_17.26.30.png
    996.2 KB · Views: 117