• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Inviting YouTuber Keralis for a tour?

RubenPieterMark

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
I was thinking, maybe we could relive the time that Jesse Cox uploaded his videos of MCME. Because of those videos, a LOT of people joined MCME, I guess that more than 90% of all staff members and artists know of MCME by Jesse Cox. So maybe if we invited another, but even bigger YouTuber for a tour, alot of new players would join and we would have no longer the problem of the lack of artists and progress on projects! His name is Keralis and I used to watch every single video of him. I think he is quite an appropiate choice, because he really often uploads minecraft videos about buildings, not really the survival stuff. He has 1,7 million subscribers! We can best contact him via twitter, I frequently post something on his twitter and he does react.
We definetly would have to have everything prepared and must have chosen some main guides for the tour and that stuff, but the first question is, if we want it. I don't see any downside of this, but I guess people will come up with reasons to not do it. Well anyways, please let me know what you think of this!

@q220 I heard from Dyno that you want to make MCME more famous, so maybe this is interesting for you

Last edited:
As we allready discussed in Chat, i think this is not really the main point so solve our struggles. Imho it would just lead to even more people joining for one or maybe two times and never again.
This surely can be a starting point, but if we talk about getting more active members and staff and such, we should talk about how to make the server/community more attractive for first-joiners.

When i first joined (which was not because of yt-vids) there were many jobs and tours happening, which isnt happening a lot lately. And also we have the entertainment-plugin but i dont see it in use. As said, i think we should discuss about how to make staying here attractive, before inviting thousands of people that wont stay via some youtuber.

Dont get me wrong, i think it is a good idea. But it wont solve the problem all alone!

Last edited:
As we allready discussed in Chat, i think this is not really the main point so slove our struggles. Imho it would just lead to even more people joining for one or maybe two times and never again.
This surely can be a starting point, but if we talk about getting more active members and staff and such, we should talk about how to make the server/community more attractive for first-joiners.

When i first joined (which was not because of yt-vids) there were many jobs and tours happening, which isnt happening a lot lately. And also we have the entertainment-plugin but i dont see it in use. As said, i think we should discuss about how to make staying here attractive, before inviting thousands of people that wont stay via some youtuber.

Dont get me wrong, i think it is a good idea. But it wont slove the problem all alone!
We need more guides as well yeah, or that some artists (for example @samgamgee10 , who want to be artist but also guide) will get guide for like 3 months. After those three months alot of new people will have joined MCME and they will be staying, because we have those temporary guides. The places of the temporary guides can be taken by the new players. That might stop the cyclus of people who join but leave, because there is a lack of guides.

I found that when I first joined I wasn't too sure what to do, yes you can explore but that gets less interesting after a while. Unless someone tells you about jobs, theme builds e.t.c your just looking, and can't get involved. There is the wiki and new player guide, but personally, I would not have read through all of it.

As we allready discussed in Chat, i think this is not really the main point so slove our struggles. Imho it would just lead to even more people joining for one or maybe two times and never again.

Dont get me wrong, i think it is a good idea. But it wont slove the problem all alone!
You need anyway something for make them join. Most of the people found the server through one of Jessie Cox videos.

If the tour is an easy thing to do, then I think we should do it. It would be wonderful to have a new wave of new players, even if they are mostly a bit younger than we're used to and dont stay for long. We dont really have much to lose here aside from some times out of our schedules and having to answer a lot more typical "droog questions"
I definitely think that this would be worth a try, and could be quite beneficial to the server.

i dont feel like there is a need for a tour, we should just try it out

I think Grian could also be someone we should consider asking. I don't watch many videos from either youtuber, but from what I've seen Keralis seems to be more into real life cities and modern designs lately, so I'm not sure if he would be interested in taking a tour through a place with medieval-style houses. That being said, while Grian seems to build more in the medieval style, it doesnt look like he tours through other people's builds as much as Keralis so Keralis would probably still be more likely to want a tour. Again, I don't know much about either youtuber but I still think Grian is a person to consider.

I think Grian could also be someone we should consider asking. I don't watch many videos from either youtuber, but from what I've seen Keralis seems to be more into real life cities and modern designs lately, so I'm not sure if he would be interested in taking a tour through a place with medieval-style houses. That being said, while Grian seems to build more in the medieval style, it doesnt look like he tours through other people's builds as much as Keralis so Keralis would probably still be more likely to want a tour. Again, I don't know much about either youtuber but I still think Grian is a person to consider.
Grian is not a good choice imo, because of two reasons: he has his own server (wynncraft) so he probably doesn't wanna advertise other servers and he never does any kind of this tour stuff, he hardly only does very basic creative tutorials. Actually there's a fourth reason: he explained in his video about how to become a big YouTuber that he only cooperates with his friends

Grian is not a good choice imo, because of two reasons: he has his own server (wynncraft) so he probably doesn't wanna advertise other servers and he never does any kind of this tour stuff, he hardly only does very basic creative tutorials. Actually there's a fourth reason: he explained in his video about how to become a big YouTuber that he only cooperates with his friends

True, but there is no harm in asking anyone who may want to, even if it seems unlikely.

Why not just invite them all lol
That's exactly my opinion.
I now that Keralis is a big youtuber, but a lot of persons, like me, never heard of him before.
I would say that it's helpful to invite as many as possible youtubers to MCME, not only english ones.
I know that not everybody wants to make videos about MCME, but I think we just have to try it.
The most of the people here joined, because they got attention to MCME in different ways.
The most ususal way for minecraft is youtube or the minecraft-forum.
But youtube has a lot bigger potential.
I'm not sure how that should work, but I think we should contact a lot more youtubers then just 1.
I, for example, know a lot of german youtubers which could be interrested in making a MCME video.
I'm not sure who should invite them, @q220 or just some other people.
Why not? What should happen?
And like somebody said yesterday on TS, 1 new member of 200 visitors is 1 more member who could be an artist or a donator.