• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Inviting YouTuber Keralis for a tour?

Minecraft is dying? Why have nobody told me? Since when? And... are you sure it's dying and not just that the massive momentum of its growth rate that it somehow kept up for years finally is slowing down?

To be honest the publicity would be great but if it’s anything like the last YouTuber tour like 5% of the new players actually stayed however it would be great to show of the server again :p:)

Why don't u make a doodle/doddle/idk how u spell it, where all designers and foremen can fill in moments they are available to do jobs...

To solve the "keep the players here by providing enough jobs the 2 weeks after the vid comes out" problem

I tweeted the imgur album to Keralis (with Smaug's green lights) which he liked! (!) Can any of the head guides/enforcers/Fin give their thoughts about this? Is there any reason to wait any longer or can we just do it and invite him?
I still think my tour plan from months ago is the best plan, and maybe if he would be interested there could be miscellaneous other episodes after it, like an Arnor and Gondor fiefs episode.
This was my original plan:
(Dark=elaborate tour - light=brief visit
Episode 1: The Fellowship of the Ring (40 min)
Bagend
Weathertop
Sped up walk to Rivendell

Rivendell (some Misties?)
Moria 2.0
Lothlórien

Episode 2: The Two Towers (50 min)
Argonath
Edoras
Wellinghall
Helm's Deep (and quickly Glittering Caves)
Aldburg
Paths of the Dead (start at Dunharrow)
Isengard

Episode 3: Gondor (50 min)
Osgiliath
Pelargir
Henneth Annun (the Forbidden Pool)
Dol Amroth
Minas Tirith

Miscellaneous episode 1: Arnor (20 min)
Annuminas
Fornost
Mount Gram

Miscellaneous episode 2: Gondor fiefs (25 min)
Calembel
Barad Eglan+nearby farms
Langdale
Andrast

Miscellaneous episode 3: Moria (20 min)
Azanulbizar
First Hall
Bridge of Khazad-dûm
The stairs

Chamber of Mazarbul (finished by then?)
So any thoughts by staff/other ppl?

Last edited:
As some already mentioned I think we should be better prepared for new players joining after such a tour.
We should talk about when Designers can plan enough work and when Forman will be able to run jobs. Maybe after Christmas?

The best would be to get a well known youtuber actually playing here and not just coming for a short tour :)
True Lindolas, but first of all I don't think many well known youtubers have time and want to play on our server instead of having a tour for it, it's allready amazing that some of them wanted to do a tour on it for free.

Second of all like @Eriol_Eandur mentioned if we get another tour like last time we should be more prepared for the wave of people it brings in. This means that both Guides and Foremen will need to be available to give those new players something to do.

Agreeing with Eriol and Bart on this one we need to think of things for the influx of people that would come from this, so jobs run by foremen and designers(maybe if they aren't too busy) and games such as hide and seek, races and quizzes run by guides guides (maybe getting the pvp server up and running again). But this should be around the time that everyone is available and around this time of year is thanksgiving for some countries (such as america) and christmas so not everyone will be free due to festivities irl. But the tours will boost or popularity in the MC community :)

I think January, after Christmas, is the best time to do the tour. And a bout the plans in my opinion you should add bombadil to episode 1, fangorn and entmoot to episode 2, and maybe a little walk through gondor fields in episode 3. Then I think that a 30 minutes episode in moria would get boring pretty quickly since the moria style is pretty much the same in the entire world, and it wouldn't leave anything for the new players to explore. Maybe you could compact everything in the 3 miscellaneous down to 1 episode, visiting less things but leaving something for new members to explore by themselves.

I think January, after Christmas, is the best time to do the tour. And a bout the plans in my opinion you should add bombadil to episode 1, fangorn and entmoot to episode 2, and maybe a little walk through gondor fields in episode 3. Then I think that a 30 minutes episode in moria would get boring pretty quickly since the moria style is pretty much the same in the entire world, and it wouldn't leave anything for the new players to explore. Maybe you could compact everything in the 3 miscellaneous down to 1 episode, visiting less things but leaving something for new members to explore by themselves.
I added Wellinghall (Treebeard's home); I totally forgot about Fangorn. I cut a lot away from the Moria episode, because I agree there should be left out more for people to explore by themselves.
But those miscellaneous episodes would more be meant to get Keralis back and get ppl's attention to MCME again, like 2 months after the 3 Great tours maybe. There could be like 1 week between the big tours, then two months nothing and then each month a miscellaneous tour. If we fitted those misc. into one tour, we would only get back the attention only once, instead of three times.

I added Wellinghall (Treebeard's home); I totally forgot about Fangorn. I cut a lot away from the Moria episode, because I agree there should be left out more for people to explore by themselves.
But those miscellaneous episodes would more be meant to get Keralis back and get ppl's attention to MCME again, like 2 months after the 3 Great tours maybe. There could be like 1 week between the big tours, then two months nothing and then each month a miscellaneous tour. If we fitted those misc. into one tour, we would only get back the attention only once, instead of three times.

I thought you were going to do all of them in one or two weeks like we did with Welsknight (you did, because i wasn't here before that). The idea of doing them after one month is great, because you would leave stuff for the people that come from the big episodes to explore, but then use that same stuff to let more people that have missed the previous videos or that have just started following the youtuber (in this case, Keralis) know about MCME.

So the end of the year is nearing and I'm still kinda waiting for Finrod/Dyno/Mando to respond. I think we can slowly start preparing, maybe it would even be good to have like a rehearsal with all the touring individuals. I really hope this won't turn out as another cool project that won't get finished and gets forgotten

So the end of the year is nearing and I'm still kinda waiting for Finrod/Dyno/Mando to respond. I think we can slowly start preparing, maybe it would even be good to have like a rehearsal with all the touring individuals. I really hope this won't turn out as another cool project that won't get finished and gets forgotten
I haven't partaken in this conversation yet, but if we do this, maybe we should have all the guides on so they could help all the new players and be notified when it happens unlike last time with Wels where no one was on

I haven't partaken in this conversation yet, but if we do this, maybe we should have all the guides on so they could help all the new players and be notified when it happens unlike last time with Wels where no one was on
Then Summer would be better, at the moment the majority of Guides are too busy with school to be spending hours on MCME.

Then Summer would be better, at the moment the majority of Guides are too busy with school to be spending hours on MCME.
118596.gif

Waiting for summer is way too long. If the guides really don't have time then some artists and foremen would probably be willing to welcome and tour for a bit like we also did with Welsknight.