• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Job and plotbuild badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyattrox03

Designer
Staff member
Designer
Supporter
Credits
XP
So I've been thinking recently that access to the job plugin would really help expedite the progress on the Anduin. I just feel like it's one of the bottlenecks of the artist rank and it would be nice if it were a badge. Also jobs would be more frequent than like one or two a month. Could be cool idk lemme know.

- :116_wholesome_seal:

I feel like this might be the reason foremen exist. The proof that you can run jobs and projects is an entire part of being Foreman, so applying for this badge would have to be very similar to a Foreman application. I don't think there would be much use in this.

There's a couple reasons foreman exists, I just want one aspect of their rank, like how guides delegate tours and minigames out.

As my friend from my avatar would say, there is a logical reason for implementing a job badge:

Foreman applicants who need to run jobs but do not yet have the rank of foreman. Once an applicant has progressed a given amount through the application/evaluation process they should reach a point where they can be trusted to run jobs but not yet have the rank approved. Unfortunately at this point there's a bit of a stumbling block in the process as the applicant has to wait for someone with access to the jobs commands to be on the server to run jobs for them. Having a badge to allow the applicant to run jobs during this process would eliminate that. It would also provide staff a chance to see how well (not to mention how often) the foreman applicant manages jobs when they are truly independent and able to do so without a proctor being there.

Once the evaluation period is closed, whether the promotion to foreman is approved or not, the badge is removed.

So exactly like the guides give applicants the minigame and tour badge, foremen applicants could get a job badge. Makes sense, I'd say perhaps an evaluation of if the applicant is able to safely use it should be done. Because through jobs you're not only giving the applicant who's already a ranked member power, you're giving them the ability to allow adventurers to build on main. So there is good reason for extra security.

Your logical reason has a flaw. :p

I don't think that foreman applicants should run jobs on their own. Once they "reach a point where they can be trusted to run jobs" on their own they should get promoted.

Sigh why do these posts keep getting revived.

Running a job has much greater responsibilities than that of someone who has access to the Minigames badge or Tour badge. There is an inherent risk in jobs, that of allowing non-building members the ability to freely build within a certain radius.

Ranks denote a certain responsibility within the MCME network and given the relatively important responsibility needed for running jobs, it will always stay part of the rank of Foreman and above.

To help clear up the foreman application process, if an applicant wants to do practice jobs, current Foremen and Designers are more than welcome to run jobs for them, to allow them to gain experience and to show that they have the skills and abilities to successfully run jobs. These practice jobs are always observed by the member which started them for an applicant, to make sure that nothing goes wrong and if needs be to provide feedback to the applicant. There should be no case were an applicant runs a job unsupervised.

Sigh because they're good ideas

What if it was a limited badge so only a certain amount of people could join the job, the job area would be smaller and easier to keep track of, and it could even be limited to worlds other than main.

1666890048689.png

What should the Job-Leader tell the people who come when the maximum player-count is reached?

What should the Job-Leader tell the people who come when the maximum player-count is reached?
People wouldn't be able to join after the max limit was reached, and the job announcement could say that is has limited spots

That would take away the whole purpose of jobs.
A job is to give all people of the whole community a change to participate in helping build the world, If we would limit this to only a certain amount of people we would be exluding some people and it would take away help when needed.
Limiting it to one world as you mention is also not really practical, if a job needs to be done on main map you're not gonna copy your whole area to, e.g. plotworld, to copy it back to main after the job. (that could also ruin specific blockvariants, like for slabs and boulders etc.)
Also like Eriol and Drao already explained it's not logical to run your jobs on your own in your trial periode, where you want to have feedback on how you did your job and possible improve for your next one.
So i don't really see the purpose of having a job badge, if you want to run jobs, go for foreman

Status
Not open for further replies.