• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted julianelijah77 Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius_the_Great

Slab Fanatic
Commoner
Credits
XP
Date I joined the server: Late September 2015 was when I joined, but I only really started playing in late December.

Jobs etc. I participated in: I ruined a furnost house along with SmaugJuice. I participated in one job where me and a couple others fixed floating bushes around a mountain. I participated in another job where me and a couple others "ruined" paths around Gondor where we randomized a stonebrick path with clay, dirt, gravel and the other variations of stonebricks. I participated in another one similar to the previous one where we made a road connecting Ethring and Tarnos, I believe.

Screenshots:

Fornost House I ruined (Update: was implemented)

Bush Fixing Job

Road Building Job

Road Building Job II

Themed Build: Carn Dum

Stream Bed and Bank building Job

Stream Building Job

Lamedon Farm Walls Job

Lamedon Farm Walls Job

Removing Grass (twice in two different places) and Building Road Job

Removing Grass and Building Road Job

Updated Carn Dum Themed Build

Updated Carn Dum Themed Build

Road Building Jobs in Lamedon

Road Building Job in Lamedon
Road Building Job Lamedon
More Road Building Lamedon
Lamedon Road Building Job
Lamedon Road Building Job

Lamedon Road and Farm Building Job

Lamedon Road and Farm Building Job

Carn Dum Themed Build Fancy Pictures

Carn Dum Nice Pics

Carn Dum Updated

Carn Dum Updated

White house of Erendis Themed Build (started on friday the 16th on a whim)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Interests: Well, as far as interests go, I guess I would probably like Dwarven and Human the most, although I had a blast building roads and walls and bridges and little things like that. Things you would find in an Eriadorian or Lamedon countryside if you know what I mean. Outside of LOTR, I love building castles especially among other things. That's probably my top favorite thing to build of all time.

Motivation: Mainly: I love LOTR and I love building on minecraft. This server basically combines two of my passions. It has been tremendous fun to help with the jobs and get involved in the community in that way. As I said, I love building and this is a great chance for me to use my skill on minecraft on something I love.

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips about what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

You seem to be active with jobs already, so this is a good start to become Artist, go on to participate in >>jobs and plotbuilds<<. When you finished such a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Now nost important are some screenshot to show your building skills especially screenshots of >>themed builds<<. I will add feedback here when you get them up.

Your Carn Dûm is obviously not finished and you still have a lot of time, so probably you already planned to do some of the points I will mention below. I think it's a good start so far. You made some very interesting structures there. It's the wall at the first picture only which looks quite boring as the same simple structure of only two blocks width is repeated very often. Don't forget to add more different materials so far you used only a few. There are some decorative blocks for arches and pillars and also cracked and aged looking blocks. Also don't neglect the terrain, Finrod gave you a basic terrain but certainly you can improve that. Last point: details. I don't know if this Carn Dûm is inhabitated or decayed. In any case you should add a lot of details like crates or tents or trees or crumbled walls. There could be orcish repairs or any other stuff. Just try to make it look interesting and realistic. This is the last work step of course ;)

Thanks for all the tips for improvement! Yes, I was planning to somehow build a mountain/valley facade in which the fortress is located, if i can. Thing is, i'm not the best terraformer, but ill see what I can do! And yes, the wall will surely be getting a makeover soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.