• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Lag on Mac ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Beregond

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hey,

Whenever I log into the server after maybe 5 minutes it just lags out an dry Mac freezes. Any help ?? It might be the texture pack I don't know.

The texture pack should work for a mac. You can run a quick test to find out if there is a problem with our texture pack:
  • Start Minecraft but don't connect to the server
  • Go to the Multiplayer server list and "edit" the MCME server
  • Set server textures to disabled
  • Connect to the MCME server
You should see our map default textures (which looks quite ugly). If your mac freezes the problem is not related to the server packs. In this case I have no idea what the problem could be, sorry.
If you mac don't freeze there is probably a problem with the server texture packs. You can then try to download our resource packs manually >>here<<. The packages are used at different regions of the map so you should download them all. When you move to another region you will have to switch the pack manually (Options > resource packs).

Good luck and just ask again if you have any more questions.

Buy a Dell
@P1eter, not a very helpful comment :p

Last edited:
Hey,

Whenever I log into the server after maybe 5 minutes it just lags out an dry Mac freezes. Any help ?? It might be the texture pack I don't know.

It is probably because you have a lack of cpu gpu or Ram. It will help you putting graphics on fast, and max render 6-8. That should help. If you still have troubles you can contact me on ts for help to set the game .

How much RAM memory does you computer have? You can set more RAM to minecraft in the minecraft launcher:
1. Start the minecraft launcher (just start minecraft, but don't click on Play yet)
2. Click on Edit Profile
3. Low in the box of Edit Profile, you see a weird code with something like x512M or maybe something similar to x1G. I recommend to replace the 512M or the 1G in the code by 2G, so that would make something like x2G.

Sorry I am on phone so I don't remember exactly what it says, but just try follow my instructions.

U sure u don't have your render distance at 32 chunks? I have a Mac, and that's usually the reason why I lag out

And shaders
Dammit shaders, why u always put me down to 10fps…

U sure u don't have your render distance at 32 chunks? I have a Mac, and that's usually the reason why I lag out

And shaders
Dammit shaders, why u always put me down to 10fps…
Dude the server allow you to a maximum of 16 render chunks anyway.

Dude the server allow you to a maximum of 16 render chunks anyway.
Yes, but 16 or 32 chunks render distance are a BIG difference for my client.
Chunks seemnot not to unload from the client while in the render distance. When I fly around with render distance 32 I get a huge rendered area. And if I do so in Moria or Paths of the Dead I quickly get heavy lag.

Yes, but 16 or 32 chunks render distance are a BIG difference for my client.
Chunks seemnot not to unload from the client while in the render distance. When I fly around with render distance 32 I get a huge rendered area. And if I do so in Moria or Paths of the Dead I quickly get heavy lag.
That's not because of the 32 render chunk, but just because your pc is loading the new chuncks when you are moving fast and it has no available power for unrender.

I think this changed a bit with some new mc version idk which one. Before loaded chunks unrendered quite quickly when standing still. But now they stay rendered much longer, not sure if they unrender at all as long as in render distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.