• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Linhir outskirts

NicTheFifth

Developer
Developer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Linhir Outskirts

Project leader: @Nic1337

Project designer: @Eriol_Eandur

Lore:

There is no lore as far as I know or could find exept that it was defended by multiple people.

Intro:
Linhir is a city in Lamedon and it needs farms and mayby a small market area. Also add a few windmills.

2WMKYRT.jpg

Dark blue: Market
Yellow: Random farms
Dark green: Small crops
Light Blue: Tree farms
Red (Dark red): Animal farms with a small crop farms
(The areas will be consisted of multiple small farms and also different types, but the area will have mostly the one described)
Light Green: A small town
(This town will have no wall and will have a small bridge going to the other side of the southern river style is yet to be created)

Planning

Step 1: Planning areas (I.P.)
Step 2: Plan the market (D)
Make the market (D)
Step 3: Plan the Yellow area (D)
Make the Yellow area (D)
Step 4: Plan the Green area
Make Green area
Step 5: Plan the L. Blue area (D)
Make L. Blue area (I.P.)
Step 6: Plan the Red area (D)
Make Red area

Step 7: Plan the Green area
Make Green area

Step 8: Plan the L. Green area
Make L. Green area

Jobs adventurers can do:

• Make fields
  • Make walls

Attachments

• ZzccyUa.png
    ZzccyUa.png
    1 MB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Linhir definitely needs farms.
But I think a marked outside the city is not very realistc, at least not such a large market.
Second I would prefere to mix the farm types. Doesn't make sense to me to have a seperate areas for aimals, crops ...
Specialization is a modern farming concept. Medieval farmer rather had some crops fields at rich soils and some meadows or trees at less rich soils.
Third I would suggest to improve the terrain quality before building any farms. Especially the river banks are of quite poor quality, they are far too steep thus the whole terrain should be lowered. I would offer to do this if the project is accepted.

Linhir definitely needs farms.
But I think a marked outside the city is not very realistc, at least not such a large market.
Second I would prefere to mix the farm types. Doesn't make sense to me to have a seperate areas for aimals, crops ...
Specialization is a modern farming concept. Medieval farmer rather had some crops fields at rich soils and some meadows or trees at less rich soils.
Third I would suggest to improve the terrain quality before building any farms. Especially the river banks are of quite poor quality, they are far too steep thus the whole terrain should be lowered. I would offer to do this if the project is accepted.
That sound like you want to make dem rivers haha
Also i think a market area outside the city is, indeed, realistic. From what i know many medival cities had markets outside the actuall city.

i would definitely agree with eriol that the farms need to be varied, mix up orchards and pastures and fields.
i think that the market area seems a bit too big. I would suggest having a smaller predefined market area (ie the dark blue section section) but you could also have stalls and carts set up on the sides of the road outside of both entrances to the city. you could even just have piles of wares (like melons, or also crates) and just like a chair. a stand isnt necessary to sell things, just a loud voice.

Alright, promised you to answer earlier, I apologise for breaking that promise.

Market: A small market is fine, however only with the following concept: I think the farms are mostly run by families, and not some kind of companies, thus every farm should have its personal market (if at all) and hence that one would only be a small one, maybe 1-2 market stalls or even only one face of a house (vendor is inside and buyer outside). Furthermore you may even dont make any houses for living in, only barns, windmills and maybe some sort of storage, but people could live inside the city.

Tree farm: (If you meant orchards (apples...) then its OK). If there is at all any kind of area where ppl grow trees for wood it would not be so close to the city.

Else I don't see any major issues, but as Eriol said, you should get yourself a staff for some terrain work.

If you elaborate a bit more on these points, especially on what kind of buildings there will be, you are free to go.

The terrain at the area north-west of Linhir is almost finished.
New terrain for a small village, new rivers and since yesterday some more very nice river sources:
full
Thanks to all who helped with the job. I was a bit late with the job picture, sorry to those of you who already left.

No offense, but this is why Designers, and sometimes artists run Projects. But minutes ago I said I would build replicas of what we plan, so OFF I GO!