• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Linhir

this is a real map from how its in the books so why the build up like that and not like this
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120920143857/merp/images/5/58/Linhir.jpg
That's a merp map which was a sort of roleplaying boardgame that invented a lot of stuff where there were gaps in the lore. If you compare their pelargir map and the notes of tolkien on pelargir looking like venice, you will see that thy look quite different.
While merp is a nice input and source for stuff, it's not always lore accurate.
Just so you know. Nice to see the map though, didn't know they had a linhir detail map.
In this case there isn't any lore on the aesthetics of linhir so we can do what we like.

hJhWbAH.png

Aerial map of Linhir. Tons of progress already in such as short amount of time, good job so far @oth0116 and everyone else who has helped.

As the poor district is (almost) finished, I'll open up the Industrial Area.
@wodleth has done some markings on the plots so you artists can just start building on those :)

Do you guys have a preference on how the road looks when entering linhir? Cause I wanted to beautify it but didn't know if you guys had a style in mind.

Do you guys have a preference on how the road looks when entering linhir? Cause I wanted to beautify it but didn't know if you guys had a style in mind.
Add some bushes and crumbled cobblestone walls along the road between Pelargir and Linhir? Maybe one or two traveller camps? (Tent+Cart)
Could add a sign of some sort to show the way

Linhir Normal Housing Freebuild
(Adventures+)

-open-

Now, as we planned everything out, its time to start with houses.
To keep it simple, you just have to /warp LinhirHouse.
You will find a House Guide and Plots there.

The Normal House Concept:

aTvmLrP.png

The Normal Housing Guide:
ACCNoYl.png

IMPORTANT:
  • just 1 Plot per Person until one get accepted.
  • Don't build outside your Plot.
  • There might be no open Plots with prepared stuff when you arrive, just ask a Project Staff to copy one over for you.

All off the remaining plots are now taken.
If someone still wanna make a house, just ask me or any other staff to copy over a plot from Linhir off your choice.

The project was not even started and I went offline for 3 days... came back and almost struggeld to find a plot which had not been build at already o_O what are you guys doing? are there free cookies?
This is what happens when a build team drinks too many Energy Drinks........:D

Linhir, December the 11th 2014 - January the 7th 2015

I'm gonna call Linhir finished (even tho I haven't sent in @Bombur8). There may be stuff we've missed out but all in all, it has been done.
Thanks to everyone who have helped us completing this town, especially the people raising the build quality by participating in our freebuilds and the artists.

-otho